Harry Potter and Clusters

Psiloscribe

Its not often, if at all that a celebrity admits to clusters....

How will Daniel Radcliffe's fans react to his latest turn - as a ...

The Independent

"I was in the middle of these weird things called 'cluster headaches'," he explains. "It's very rare evidently, but it's exceptionally painful.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/how-will-daniel-radcliffes-fans-react-to-his-latest-turn--as-a-damaged-drugtaking-beatnik-poet-7848568.html

Bob

Not as famous as Radcliffe for sure, but Noa Ganor, a star of the Isreali national women's basketball team, told the newspaper Haaretz she has clusters, though the paper decides to call it migraines.

"The younger Ganor has also suffered from a rare condition, cluster headaches, since age 15. It is a type of migraine that attacks one side of the face, located in or above the eye. Ganor says that four years ago she practiced with the national team but the migraines forced her to quit. "It happens once every two years, like clockwork," she says, adding that acupuncture has kept it away for the past few years."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/sports/basketball-w-profile-she-can-t-get-no-satisfaction-1.436833

Apparently James Mottram (the author) still doesn't get it:

Radcliffe is looking well – though endless promotional duties have taken their toll. One of our interviews was cancelled due to ill health. "I was in the middle of these weird things called 'cluster headaches'," he explains. "It's very rare evidently, but it's exceptionally painful. It makes a migraine look quite tame. At the time I thought I was being a wuss. I was taking 12 [strong painkillers] a day and going, 'Why do I still have a headache?'"

Endless promotional duties do, I am sure, take their toll, but I am also sure that they don't cause CH.

Ewe , I wonder if the spell i put on him worked ? LOL My kids were watching one of the movies not long ago and i said if i have to watch another one of these movies I will put a spell on  all of them that they get clusters.....Put that in your magic wand and hat harry....

Just kidding to all of this of course, i wouldn't wish anyone clusters, with the exception of a few candidates (ex-wife of course). lol

• 7 months later...

I reached out to Mr Radcliffes talent agency to say hey....there is some of us here who can lend support.

I did not even get an acknowledgement back.

I am not a fan of him. I dont dislike him. I am just not a fan.

There will be a point where you will see Mr Radcliffe searching for help. We all go through it, Rich or poor.

When I emailed, he was less than 2 hours from me in Toronto filming. I wish him and any other CHr well.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I never knew. Though since I love the stories, I don't keep up with what goes on in the actors lives.

Poor him and anyone who suffers with CH... But talking about it in interviews might help people understand how bad it is. I hate it when I try to explain to someone what I go through, and get as an answer: "oh, I have migraines too, they're not that bad".

I wish I had migraines...

I try to explain to someone what I go through, and get as an answer: "oh, I have migraines too, they're not that bad". 

Sigh, yep I think a lot of us have heard that tired cliche of a response a time or 3, before we just gave up trying to explain.  :-?