National Geographic Special

Hopefully it will be available elsewhere. There are a lot of people that won't get this channel.

I imagine there will be DVDs available through NG and I know others will be recording it.

Hopefully we will have more than a short piece at the end.

Should be good!!!

Bobw

Welcome to the new board everyone!!  :)

A review in the NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/arts/01weekahead.html?_r=1

Television

Neil Genzlinger

“The brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too good,” an announcer memorably intoned all those years ago at Woodstock, magnifying LSD’s already bad reputation among Establishment Americans. If hippie freaks were warning other hippie freaks away from it, it must be nasty stuff indeed.

Now, as the 40th anniversary of Woodstock fades in the rearview mirror, the National Geographic Channel is giving LSD a second chance, as it were. On Tuesday night in its “Explorer” series, “INSIDE LSD” talks to scientists and therapists who are examining the narcotic anew, trying to learn specifically how it works in the brain and whether it might have uses that Jerry Garcia never envisioned. The program, as its narrator, Peter Coyote, says, is an attempt “to separate the myth from the molecule.”

One segment explores the possibility that some form of LSD could help sufferers of cluster headaches, and its footage of one such sufferer in the throes of an attack leaves you wishing the poor fellow relief no matter where it might come from. In another part of the program, a woman with terminal cancer talks about how an LSD trip helped her break free of the anxiety about death that was consuming her final months.

“It was my faith coming back to me,” she says, describing the feeling brought on by the drug. “My faith that there’s something out there."

The woman who was there interviewing all week-end for NG...interviewed me.  I had just got over a hit and was not at my best even though I agreed to let her ask me questions.  BobP never misses a chance to say..women don't get CH so I really wanted to be heard but coming off a hit I am sure I wasn't at my best.  Hope I'm not there...then again I do.

Hey folks,

As we mentioned over on ch.com, the National Geographic Channel contacted me today to ensure we knew that it is absolutely illegal to tape and distribute television shows.

The dude that called me was very cool about the whole situation but ensured me NG was prepared to protect their interests with any legal means necessary.  I understood what he was saying perfectly clear.

NG has provided me with the link to the DVD of the program and told me they are ready to ship out tomorrow as soon as the show airs.  Here is the link to the DVD on the NG web store: https://www.shopngvideos.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=16053&storeId=15001&langId=-1&categoryId=&productId=747423

Can't wait to see the show and thank you for your understanding.

DJ

Well, I sure hope tonight's show turns out well! They flew me out to Germany so that they could speak with both Torsten Passie and me together and also then to include our colleague Matthias Karst with one of our subjects... I hope we'll see more traffic to the clusterbusters website and especially for making donations!

best,

Dr. J

The show was AMAZING! It should really help on many levels. I hope National Geographic will grant permission for us to host online just the cluster headache section.

For those that missed the show: IT RE-AIRS at 7PM ON Saturday November 7. DON'T MISS IT!!!!

;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dr. J

Fantastic show!!  Thank you so much to anyone who helped to make it possible.  I'm gonna buy the DVD so the next time I'm in a situation explaining my CH and someone tells me "Oh yeah, I have migraines too", I'm gonna hogtie em and set em in front of the tube for a lesson on headaches   LOL. 

Dallas Denny

So good to see my cousin Nick Sand (my mother's 1st cousin - truth!) again.  Too bad he was put out of business - twice.  Too bad he ended up on the cutting room floor.  A BRILLIANT guy.  My aunt (his mom) was brilliant too, if not a little crazy....I will watch the special on Sat. Thanks.

Just confirmed NatGeo, Nov. 7 at 7P Eastern on DirecTv guide.

Heard of this from an old friend who called and said how his heart went out when he "saw" what I (we) go through.

As a nearly daily since '97, I sure hope there can be some trickle down of this my way.

(Thanks for the site.)