beclometasone dipropionate

AlexItalian

Hi guys

just want to ask you a suggestion. I have undergone a little surgery today, I had indeed to remove a papilloma from my throat in a day hospital operation. The doctor has prescribed me to get for 8 days a spray called QVAR, which contains beclometasone dipropionate. Do you think this can affect my cycle with seeds? I am on cluster period now and I am assuming 80 seeds every 5 days; do you think it can cancel the effect?

Alex:

First, my hopes that the surgery went well.

QVAR contains a cortical-steroid designed to reduce airway inflammation (and that helps open the airways) usually in asthma conditions.

It is fast acting yet less systemic than oral cortical steroids. 

Info here: http://www.rxlist.com/qvar-drug-center.htm

You'll certainly want to take the QVAR as prescribed.  This is your throat we are talking about and you just has surgery.

Can you hold off busting for the 8-days?  Hopefully your last does was recently and at worse case you are ovedue by 3-days and have a supple of oxygen on hand.

Hi FunGuy

thanks for you answer and thanks for your wishes. Actually the operation went well, thanks for asking.

Yes I think I can resist 8 days without seeds, but I won't need any detox period before to restart seeds? My last was 6 days ago anyway, what if I get them at the same? You think it's dangerous? What's your suggestion?

Thanks

Alex

Alex:  It's really hard to predict but the amount of cortical steroid is small in QVAR compared to the oral doses some take for CH treatment.

I can't predict any 'danger' as others have taken seeds while on cortisone or prednisone.  Maybe others have a comment or advice?

I'd wait until you are done with the QVAR and then dose without waiting another 5-days of detox.  Worst case that dose is ineffective.

Make sense?  Hope so.

Good luck