Another simple "cure"

Hipshot

I was just watching The Quacks...ahem...The Doctors on tv.

They had a short segment on "Alarm clock headaches" or "Cluster headaches"

These TV doctors said we can cure our headaches by not talking on the phone at night and by going to bed and waking at the same time each day.

Finally, a cure. I'm so glad I was watching TV this afternoon ;D

Dan

Dan.

that has to be the worst example of journalism I've ever heard of.  Unbelievable.

Please, somebody have that taped or find me a link to is so we can play that at the Vegas conference.

Then we'll call the Doc that said it.   :-)

For all the people that yap on their phones all day, and go out on the weekends, you think more would have these demons in their skulls.

Staying on a good sleep schedule is tough for "normal" people. We can't sleep well because this crap wakes us up all the time.

The TV? You mean "idiot box"...

What a crock  >:(

I dont answer the phone after 8pm at night and I get 8 hours sleep while in remission by going to bed and getting up at the same time, wondering why the f^&* I have been getting these things for the past 16 years, must be something else (said dripping with sarcasm).

Hey Doug,

I'll work on getting a clip for you.

You won't believe how they downplayed the severity of our headaches. One of these "doctors" said "if you go to bed in a bad mood" you are more likely to get a cluster headache.

What a dumb ass...he is a plastic surgeon by the way. Cork sucker is what he is :o

Dan

"Hey Doug,

I'll work on getting a clip for you.

You won't believe how they downplayed the severity of our headaches. One of these "doctors" said "if you go to bed in a bad mood" you are more likely to get a cluster headache.

What a dumb ass...he is a plastic surgeon by the way. Cork sucker is what he is Shocked

Dan "

I'd bet he's the plastic surgeon who did Jocelyn Wildenstein's surgery. 

I've experienced the ###holes who don't take our pain seriously.  It was like that at my last job.  When I called in sick, I was told to just take some medication and come in anyway.  I asked them if they really wanted me to punch out customers. 

Thats one reason why people with CH dont get the treatment they deserve or help that they need because of these clowns and their assumptions.

I highly doubt that 99% of the population, puts their phones to rest hours before bed and has absolutely no stress when their head hits the pillow.

I have been thoroughly diagnosed with cluster headache, and very rarely do I ever get awoken by them in my sleep. They come more during the day than anything. Usually after meals and after wakening up (approx 30mins after getting out of bed, wonderful way to start each and every day  >:()

This is down right ridiculous. We should all write them a nice little letter, but it likely won't do any good.

These "dr's" could barely speak on the matter, with their stuttering and little jokes to fill the void.

No wonder why we have no progress in understanding and finding the root cause and an acceptable and helpful treatment for our pain.

Let alone ONE singal medication designed for us. It's always something  along the lines of "here try this, its for blood pressure, or migraines, or depressed people, or manic depressed people"

Total horse feces... too bad ya cant innoculate this with mushroom spawn.

I differ from most of the population in that I rarely use my cell phone.  I talk on that thing maybe about 4 times a week, and then it's usually short conversations.  I send and receive even fewer texts.  My cell is essentially an occasional use/emergency phone.  I have cluster headaches.  They obviously weren't caused by my cell phone. 

Well now. Both of those shows do us a lot of good now don't they?

Let's encourage people to give us a 'NEW' cure they saw on TV! >:(

Take ice pick, insert into eye socket and twirl. In short order, they will be babbling like the monkeys they are!

I think they should have a Neuro-stimulator installed so their Hypo can be stimulated to mimic a CH. Then, force them to use their own 'cure' on themselves and document the results for posterity!!! :)

These so called "Doctors" are freaking idiots.......  Their recomendation to solve cluster headaches is on par with taking an asprin to cure cancer.. WTF...  They are completely clueless and yet people out there are listening to their advice...  I almost created an ID just to flame them in the discussion area...  >:(

PFW,

Jeff

Guys, the "Doctor's" show had one episode on dangers of drinking and stuff...

...and talked about BUTT BONGS.

My Mom, Aunt, and I watched horrified and laughed our asses off.

I don't know if this is something that REALLY HAPPENS but they showed a HUGE funnel, set in a tube, that apparently teenagers are shoving up their asses to get drunk.

I take it all with a grain of salt. Sure, teenagers could be that stupid, but, who the shit does a segment on BUTT BONGS?

On the whole stupid BS from doctors... I've had ER's treat me and  tell me to go home, turn off the lights, lay in the dark, don't answer the phone, etc. LIKE THAT'S GOING TO HELP ME. Pisses me OFF.

Mystina

Here's where I posted my flame.  It seems they may have tried deleting it, but didn't delete it properly.  Title is "Cluser Headaches".  One time I refresh it's there, the next it's gone.  Link won't open to actually read it though.  Could be their site just doesn't work properly... 

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/768

PFW,

Jeff

lets hire an attorney and sue them. they really shouldn't be giving advice on things they know nothing about. just saying we should sleep and wake the same time every day is ludicrous. why should they get away with such nonsense. lets kick them off the air and use the settlement money for more conventions. PFDAN ;D

lets hire an attorney and sue them

lets kick them off the air

I say we butt bong 'em

I created an ID and flamed them

they should have a Neuro-stimulator installed so their Hypo can be stimulated to mimic a CH. Then, force them to use their own 'cure' on themselves and document the results for posterity!!!

All very good ideas!  >:(

This sort of stuff makes my blood boil, so I avoided watching the clip 'til now. I guess I thought this would be a time I could withstand it - nothing like a good saturday afternoon blood boiling festivity!  >:(

These arrogant scuzzbags represent everything that is so very wrong with the medical profession. 

They clearly just wing it when the cameras roll, and can't even be bothered to put one nanosecond of research into the day's topic while riding in their limousines to the TV studio.

Maybe it's like a fun game to them, to have something sprung on them they've never heard of, then they can use some free association to conjure up solutions and advice right on the spot....

The term *criminal negligence* comes to mind along with a lot of other related terms.  :D >:(

I wonder if we should follow Jeff's suit and organize a mass visit to their message board to leave comments...? Well if they weren't deleting them.

Someone with the means could so rip them a new one with an expose' video to be aired here and on Youtube etc. that could intersperse info on what CH really is and how to treat it with the uber negligent BS commentary of these idiots, maybe repeatedly going back to that creepy drunken plastic surgeon on the left for emphasis.

I'll have to wait to watch the Doc Oz segment on CH. Blood already boileth over.  :D

I cant believe these people actually had the nerve to speak about a subject they know nothing about under the guise of a compassionate physician. How can we let them downplay the severity of our pain like that to the thousands of people who watch them. I can't help but wonder if some insurance exec. or some pharmaceutical person cut them a fat check to do that! Certainly insurance companies won't help us if the public tells them they don't have to and pharms don't want to research because there is not enough money to be made from us. What a great way to dismiss  us by lying to the public about our condition. I'm sure these snake oil salspeople help some people in one way or another but we need them to leave us alone until they have all the facts. I feel they should apologize to us and admit they made false claims about avoiding C.H. I doubt they will though, as that would make them take off their masks. I am not a man of means or connections, I don't feel there is much I can do alone. If there is anyone out there who understands what I'm talking about and is as heartbroken about this as I am please let me get a PFDAN. LOVE U ALL :P

Yep, the more I think about it the madder uh, more mad? I get.

My family and your family may well have been watching that, some of whom were probably already thinking we were a big pussy. Well after years of this torture I probably Am one, but I GD sure didn't use to be.

I'm GD tired of my condition, our condition, being marginalized. I say we don't get mad, id love to get even, maybe ahead.

Not sure exactly how but we are a smart and motley crew. 8-)

How about for starters, where exactly is this fake doctors office studio. Wouldn't it be fun to ambush the bastards like Dan Rather would.