2012 Conference chatter

Psiloscribe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All .......

The Conference was AMAZING!

My first time and I'd never met another Ch'r in the flesh.  You would not know that most of the people in the room are suffering from such a crappy thing as we do, everyone was just wonderful.

My wife, Callie (WMBRADSLADY) is now totally convinced that my two years of "skeptical Internet support" is not only legitimate, but downright benevolent.  It surely helped sitting next to Dr. McGenney --- don't we all wish we had a neuro like him! 

In fact, she loved you guys and has joined CLUSTERBUSTERS.  I know she will make a great advocate.  Heck, she even spoke to Todd at length and is getting ready to start a mushroom farm.  Dan's video really blew her away too.

I gained valuable knowledge, insightful information, complete respect, admiration and made a few new friends in those quick two days.

I'm anticipating a "busting session" soon and already looking forward to 2013.

Bob W, you've created something extremely awesome .... Thank you!!!

Brad (weatherman)

How many attended?

I heard it was around 100 (!).

That's not a hard statistic, but it was also mentioned that it was believed to be the largest gathering of CH'ers and supporters ever.  [Edit: I now see DM and Alleyoop beat me to the reply on that].

Spiny, we were bummed you and the many other crucial CH'ers and supporters here who couldn't make it weren't there.  :'(

Time for y'all to make plans to party down in Chicago next year if at all possible!  :)

Potter was there. Oh BOY was he there! WHOA. :o As far as entertaining, humor filled talks go, he and Dan were a couple of fellers that had everyone howling and ROCKED the place. LORDY, I hope there's some good film of that! I'm surprised the other conventions in the vicinity didn't either demand we pipe the hell down or just proceed directly to calling the cops on us.  ;D

Mr Rogers er Jeebs,

Surely do wish I could have made it too. Hopefully next year! :)

Potter talks? I thought he was a 2 or 3 word guy. I think the longest post he usually makes is along the lines of 'Just do as your told'!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Glad ya'll had such a great time. 8-) Let us know what you learned. Well, aside from how to win at Black Jack.  ;)

Mr Rogers er Jeebs,

Potter talks? I thought he was a 2 or 3 word guy. I think the longest post he usually makes is along the lines of 'Just do as your told'!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

You should of been there...all i can say,he was AMAZING...when they called for him to speak...the room got very quite...he slowly walked to the podium with a stern look on his face...he started from the left side of the room to the right (making eye contact with each and everyone of his FANS) from the front row to the back...when he was done making eye contact with all of us...he said 1-word and only one word BULL-SHIT...and slowly walked back to his seat...that whole room jumped to its feet with a standing ovation,whistling,half the room lighting their lighters (smokers i guess)...i don't think there was a dry eye in the room except for POTTER...there were 2 doc's in the room and both had to be consoled...like i said,absolutely amazing  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mr Rogers er Jeebs,

Potter talks? I thought he was a 2 or 3 word guy. I think the longest post he usually makes is along the lines of 'Just do as your told'!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

You should of been there...all i can say,he was AMAZING...when they called for him to speak...the room got very quite...he slowly walked to the podium with a stern look on his face...he started from the left side of the room to the right (making eye contact with each and everyone of his FANS) from the front row to the back...when he was done making eye contact with all of us...he said 1-word and only one word BULL-SHIT...and slowly walked back to his seat...that whole room jumped to its feet with a standing ovation,whistling,half the room lighting their lighters (smokers i guess)...i don't think there was a dry eye in the room except for POTTER...there were 2 doc's in the room and both had to be consoled...like i said,absolutely amazing  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now that's a sense of humor I can appreciate.  You just hit a home run my friend. BWAAAAAAAAA.

Potter

It's amazing.  Those who *see* Potter on the boards and those who either talk to him or meet him in person come away with two entirely different impressions.

I see Joeseppi is being his usual charming self  ;).

Anyone notice that there is almost never a picture of Bill in the photos?  That comes from being the main photographer. He does have ulterior motives there.

Here are some links to past OUCH conferences.  If you will notice, there are some people who show up at every conference, just like a bad penny,

OUCH Nashville

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/OUCH%202011/

OUCH Atlanta

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/OUCH%202010/OUCH%20Conference/

Dallas 2008

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/Dallas%202008/

Dallas 2005

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/Dallas%202005/

Bullshit.2uhy6tz.jpg

Here's a photo of Potter

Smalfut.jpg

;)bb

Now that is funny...Is that a bull or a cow...i had a dream the other night...you and Potter took over for Penn-Teller at the Rio...not sure which one was Penn and which one was Teller  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note...it was great to finally meet both of you .....Lenny

Bullshit.2uhy6tz.jpg

Here's a photo of Potter

Smalfut.jpg

;)bb

Now that is funny...Is that a bull or a cow...i had a dream the other night...you and Potter took over for Penn-Teller at the Rio...not sure which one was Penn and which one was Teller  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note...it was great to finally meet both of you .....Lenny

Lenny yer such a city slicker.  That ain't no udder.  Me,  John and Joan rocked six states on our way to the conference.  I do believe there's video from every parking lot in every state we crossed.

Potter