"Quality of Experience" - new survey

Clusterbusters, a non-profit organization dedicated to the advocacy, education and to finding effective treatment of Cluster Headache worldwide, is pleased to present a new research survey by Mr. Jason Magistro, who is currently a graduate student at the University of West Georgia where he is completing his Master's degree in psychology.

Jason has combined his interesting in cluster headache, psychology and hallucinogenic substances into a  “The Quality of Experience” survey. 

Please note, only those persons that have taken psychoactive substances (LSA, LSD, psilocybin and other hallucinogens) for treatment of their cluster headache should take this survey, as it is SPECIFIC to that population.  This is not about general response to treatments; this is about measuring the experiences while treating your cluster headache.

If you don’t fall into this sub-group of individuals, please do not take the survey.  And note, being that this questionnaire is measuring psychedelic use, do not fill in marijuana as an option.

This questionnaire should take roughly 10-15 minutes. There will be an initial list of options at the beginning of the questionnaire, asking you to choose which psychedelic you use as a medicinal remedy for your busting. In that list, you will notice a space where you can fill in an option that may not be listed.

Again, please only participate in this questionnaire if you have busted using a psychedelic, being that this questionnaire is specifically aimed at measuring the response you had during and after your experience with the substance you chose. All participation will be confidential.

Jason hopes to present the early results at the 2012 Clusterbuster Conference held in Las Vegas.

A  link to this survey invitation was sent by email. 

If you wish to complete the survey and did not receive the invitation to participate, please contact me by PM or email to info@clusterbusters.com

Done.

But I am not at all sure how these results will turn out.  I would have thought more input (such as amount of dose, trip level reached, etc.) would help clarify some of the responses.  I certainly think that would have made a difference in analyzing mine.

Took it.

Thanks to Jason and 2 notes:

1) Many of us have tried at least 2 different busting agents, so accounting for that in future surveys may be useful.

2) I for one have had mixed experiences while under the influence of Vitamin M, with the first bust being enjoyable, the subsequent busts not so much.

The enjoyable one was a higher dose and there has been a theory floated that lower "fence straddling" doses are more likely to cause some of us anxiety.

So since I had varying experiences - plural, it was hard to pick singular answers regarding the quality of the experience. Not sure how that could be accommodated in the survey. A comment box for that section could've been useful though.

As a side note, I've found that whether my experience under the influence of Vit M was positive or negative, the after experience starting immediately the next day was always positive in regard to both effectiveness and mood/outlook.

I expect Jason will be along later to comment.

For now, I see where the problem is developing so I've spaced and underlined sections in the first question to make this more clear.

In part, it now reads:

by selecting one of the options below.  and later

then please try as best as possible to reflect on the most recent time

One, most recent.

Make sense now?   :-)

Thank you both for your comments and for completing the survey.

FG

I think it's clear that you have to select only one busting agent to respond about, and now that you only respond about your most recent experience, but the main thing I'm questioning is whether that makes for an accurate survey.

A lot of us have valuable input regarding multiple busting substances, and how they compare to each other, why only allow us to respond about one?

If someone had ten good busting experiences in a row, then on their most recent 11th one had a negative experience, how useful is their data if they can only report on the most recent bust? If dosage level substantially impacted their experience for instance, there's no way for that to be recorded in the survey - not even a comment box....

I'm starting to think that testing surveys out on a few individuals first for feedback, then making adjustments before going public would be a good way to iron some kinks out.

I'm happy to take this survey over again if it re-appears in a more comprehensive form.

I'm with you all the way Jeebs.  Even if you're only looking for psychological data gleaned from busting, I don't see how this survey could be representative. 

Jason, feel free to contact me if you want.  I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Thanks for your passion and commitment.  It's people like you that mean so much to the clusterhead community. 

Bob Bowling

I did it and agree that not having a choice is difficult. I am now using RC seeds due to lack of access to Vitamin M and the psychological effects are completely different. With that said i answered the questions as it related to RC seeds.

All of these responses and concerns are absolutely valid and I thank you all for the pointers and comments.  I will address this as best I can but understand that while the survey is still open I cannot discuss much about the intent or questions as I cannot risk 'contaminating' the data. I constructed this questionnaire for the purpose of reflecting on only one experience in an attempt to keep things from getting overwhelming. I could write a book on the positive and negative experiences I personally have had using alternative medicines, even with me being a non-cluster sufferer.  I can see how it would cause great anxiety to state, "please respond using your most significant experience"....well, significant experience may have been a bad trip or a good trip. I have bad trips that made a world of difference in my introspection of a Being.  What I am focused on is how the transition from the medicine differs from (a) while in the moment compared to (B) the residual effects post treatment.   It's a snapshot, a photo of one moment in time for the one substance used that one time. One of the answers we hope this survey will address is, does using these particular substances have an effect on the lives of those suffering with cluster headache?  What changes?  Positive and/or negative? Writing psychology investigation papers is not easy, I've had the input, advice and counsel from many people during the preparation of this survey including some very familiar with cluster headache. If you have not taken the survey yet, please do so soon

Thanks

Jason Magistro