Arterial cauterization

heilette

Heilette,

I've never heard of that procedure (not that I'm any expert).  Doesn't seem like cauterizing an artery would have any positive outcome?  The pain of CH is in the trimengal nerve and the hypothalimus.

Can you explain the procedure?  I couldn't find anything about it on google.

PFW,

Jeff

Interesting...  Found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migraine_surgery

It seems to be a very successful procedure for some types of migraine. 

Heilette, have you tried botox successfully?  The article says there's a high success of the surgery if botox of the trigger artery / muscle successfully stops the attacks.  Is your doctor attempting to do this for your CH?  or Migraine?

PFW,

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Jeff

A true clusterhead I am!  I envy you all because I can not use the seeds or shrooms because I have Raynauds syndrome. But out of desperation  I did go for the arterial cauterization , but I thought I let you know that it did not help for my CH. It seems it is episodic in chronic, but there are bad episodic times twice a month. I think it has something to do with my hormones because I am in menopause. I am on no medication but oxygen coffee and melatonin and I am still surviving. I had bad times of the CH making me so depressed but I now using the pain in meditation to do other things. I do have a very bad "employer" she doent allways believe my pains! I have my own business!!

Perhaps I must try the Shrooms and see what it does to my raynauds but as I read Dann"s replys it does not work for him anymore?????

heilette

heilette,

I work for the same employer!  ;) Isn't she the one who says "Fine, take an hour off but you have to work two hours later to make up for it!"????

Is your Raynauds primary or secondary? I have taken some of the drugs given for secondary Raynauds for CH. They seem to work, for a while. But then, in the end, they fail and the dragon still has his way!!

Hello...Dan here.

Just to clarify. My headaches are back and I have been through hell just like everybody else here has.

The mushrooms have saved my life. Absolutely, positively. My attacks went away COMPLETELY for over six months on one occasion. On numerous other occasions I lived completely PF for weeks and months.

I wouldn't trade the time that I have been able to be "normal" because of mushrooms for a million dollars.

I haven't had attacks near as bad since I started mushrooms several years ago. Oxygen is my best friend these days. I'm just not able to completely get things back in remission for a while. I am still a believer in the mushroom theory, or more like FACT.

Please don't let my shitty situation keep you from taking the only thing that ever really worked for me.

I know a whole lot of people personally that live complete,or near complete pain free lives because of magic mushrooms.