Sumatriptan/Busting

Ripper

Morning fellow CH'ers

I am looking for a little advice or similar situations concerning Sumatriptan.

I just went in for my yearly physical and discussed my Cluster Situation with my Internal Dr, she is very open minded and receptive to what I have doing to control my Clusters(Vitamin M). But I did let her know a customer of mine gave me one of his Sumatriptans and it worked for me on knocking out my shadows during a couple week bout of pretty severe CH.  So she prescribed them for me and I did a 50mg  Thursday 8/2, now it turns out I have an opportunity to bust tonight the kids are going on a sleep over and I'm alone.

Will that 1 dose of the Sumatriptan effect my busting attempt tonight? I don't use any other meds just O2 and energy drinks

polsonsel,

From my somewhat limited knowledge in the area of imitrex.  I think you might be wasting the fungus, given it's only been 2 days.  If it's your only opportunity and you have plenty of fungus then it won't hurt to go ahead and dose.

Someone else might be able to provide better direction.

PFW,

Jeff

What Jeff said. I too am afraid you'll need more detox time.

Now if you're going to take sumatriptan in the future (O2 is actually a better choice, no detox required), the consensus is pretty much that the sumatriptan pill form is whimpy, too slow acting for CH, and is for migraine.

If you really want to reliably abort actual attacks with sumatriptan, go for the injection form, or at least the inhaler.

Here's hoping your bust works great and there'll be no need for that pesky sumatriptan anymore.  8-)

Thanks Jeff & Beejeeber,

From all I had I read, I thought that would be the consensus. I think I'll hold on to what I've got for another day.

Also worked for the better anyway between the time I posted my question now I have been at the hospital all day with my mom, their going to let her pass away probably tomorrow  :'(. So I know it was better I asked the question and waited, if anyone knows any prayers or well wishes I'd definitely appreciate it.

Pain Free Days MOM- I love you

Dave

I keep a Sumi with me at all times . I call it SoonuTrippin since that's how they makes me feel. However I can sort of function on them. It's a slow to abort if not taken immediately. But it allows me to continue to work during my cycle. I feel they extend the cycle as well as make it worse. I do no more than 2-100mg a day and I know they tear me up inside. But it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Thanks Jeff & Beejeeber,

From all I had I read, I thought that would be the consensus. I think I'll hold on to what I've got for another day.

Also worked for the better anyway between the time I posted my question now I have been at the hospital all day with my mom, their going to let her pass away probably tomorrow  :'(. So I know it was better I asked the question and waited, if anyone knows any prayers or well wishes I'd definitely appreciate it.

Pain Free Days MOM- I love you

Dave

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you and your Mom, and praying for both of you. :( *hugs*

Mystina

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, this is a terrible double whamy, my mom passed away yesterday @ 4:00pm and then got hit 3 times again last night in between thinking about her, will have to wait till this weekend to dose.

Got to be strong and keep it together until then, also stay away from the sumatriptan.

Dave

WTF, that is HORRIBLE. :'(

Lots of admiration here for you for vowing to stay strong and stay away from the triptans under these extreme circumstances.

Unless you've tried RC already and not gotten results, I wonder if you should consider ordering some tomorrow, overnighted, so you could have it Wednesday and take it before bed (no tripping, just good sleep should result).

But dammit that could mess with your Vit M weekend busting plan, so I don't know if that's a worthy idea or not.....?

Any chance of snagging some high flow welding O2 tomorrow so you can have an alternative to triptans for aborting attacks?

Bejeeber, thanks for the advice, I have the O2, although had to convince Apria for a delivery Monday for more tanks, told them i had been kinda busy and it slipped my mind.

Question for you, I was reading Trypta's link where you said you bust with M but your able to maintain now with RC Seeds, I hope I could become the same way since i have luck with the M but I have 2 9  year old twins running around the house I don't want to trip around them. Seeds sounds like a much better choice.

Prior to me mega dosing with the shrooms and getting one up on CH , I had bought 4 bags of 100 (120) seeds and had no success. Started with 25-30 went up to 60 or so, felt good kinda that night but never really beat down a cycle.

Is it better for you with the seeds and mixing in M, or are you capable of maintaining on seeds alone?

Dave

Hey Dave,

OK here's my experience FWIW:

After some success with RC in years past, I stopped getting results from it, so I switched to Vit M which promptly did work wonders for me.

I decided to give the RC one more shot with a fresh batch from iamshaman.com recently though when I was getting minor daily hits (a sign for me that a cycle likely is likely to want to start up full bore).

I tried to follow the latest preparation guidelines suggested by the sharp people on here like CHfather - I floated out the bad ones, then crushed the 66 remaining good ones inside a baggie (I used a rubber mallet).

Then for something a little different I soaked them in room temp ginger tea (Yogi brand) for 2 hours before ingesting all 66. I was hoping the ginger would help me avoid my one minute of nausea I tend to get from RC.

Still got the brief nausea, but darned if the RC didn't just snuff out all my CH symptoms with no minor hits, no nuthin' in the following days.  8-)

SOOooOoo, I don't know if the ginger tea helped, or did I finally get my hands on a potent batch of RC again, or what? Ricardo has offered that a peppermint tea soak will convert the LSA into LSH, which is also effective, with possibly more of a trip inducing potential. Word has it that ginger might do the same....

Unfortunately, I don't know if the RC would've been able to break me out of a high cycle like you're experiencing, since those are tougher to knock down.  :-/

Polsonsel,

I too found seeds to work great when I first started busting.  Only HBWR worked (with all the bad side effects of the HBWR, nausia stomach cramps, etc.).  I never found any RC seeds that were potent.  I ordered from three different vendors and all were too weak to be of any use.  I'm inclined to say that's the reason some don't have luck with the seeds is to many for sale on the internet are OLD stock.  I went through the same thing with HBWR, but eventually found a few batches that were potent.  The potent seeds DEFILITELY busted the cycle I was in.  A year ago they quit working and I changed to fungus.  Vitamin M has worked great ever since.  PFDAN ever since.. :)

PFW,

Jeff

Great insight Jeff, because without having any knowledge on what seeds are potent vs. worthless I guess i have no idea. Where as with shrooms I have had experience prior to being diagnosed w/ CH and I can recognize potency.

Is it really just a crap shoot ordering seeds on-line? And how did you secure what you call Potent HBWR seeds?

Dave

Dave,

It's really a crap shoot on getting potent seeds.  The best ones I found were ordered off ebay from someone actually in Hawaii.  I'm pretty sure the seeds should be harvested in the northern hemisphere in the late summer, early Fall.  I plan on buying more and freezing a few packs this fall. 

Sure wish there was a way of testing potency without actually having to take them as a potency test.

PFW,

Jeff

Hi Mystina, I was able dose today(Saturday) kids went to Cave of the Winds with relatives, but that is a good thought about the late night, they head back to school Monday. They can't stay up and party like Rock Stars forever.

I think I will give this the 4-5 day test and see where it takes me, and probably  find some more RC seeds and try the float test that I hadn't tried before.

Thanks for kind words earlier and the thoughtful advice.

Dave