Detox guide ?

Salander

Most drugs that I have Googled will have a statement regarding 'tapering' off certain meds. You can go to the Mayo Clinic site or NIH and one or both should give that info.

What drugs are you detoxing from? Folks here know many of them and if a taper is needed. You can also ask your Neuro. When mine were filled, the enclosed flyer would state if a taper was needed/mandatory.

I am medication free myself, it was a 3 year long battle. My heart has got used to verapamil, not sure I can ever get rid of that without a stroke.

I am asking for behalf of other finns here in Finland since most don't understand english, if there would be a guide, I would translate it. People are on all kinds of different meds for CH here, not just few. Thanks for your help.

:)

Usually talking to your doctor is the best advice, if you are prepared to tell your doc you are ditching all their meds. LOL

When I was on Topiramate, I increased it 25mg a week, which probably made sense to come off of it at the same rate. But, I was in a hurry to get off it and start busting. So I dropped 25mg every 3 days for 2 months. It was Hell, and I wouldn't recommend pushing something that hard, but long term I'm glad I got free of it.

I'd suggest, maybe, starting slow, and increasing the rate over time and see how it affects you.

Salander, in addition to spiny's suggestion, if you type the word discontinuing into google, followed by the name of the medication, you will find specific references for virtually any med you decide to look up.

For example: [discontinuing ssri]  or [discontinuing lithium]  or [discontinuing verapamil]  -- all without the brackets.

Sometimes this will lead you to a more general reference.  For example, [discontinuing lithium] leads to this website, which seems to have information about stopping practically any psychiatric med: http://www.comingoff.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=47

Thank you all for your kind advice. "Discontinuing" was a good tip, "taper off" or "tapering off" inserted into Google works well too. We have a lot of people from all over the world in our Facebook group already, everyone interested about natural treatments in cluster headaches is most welcome to join us  :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/385160354828914/

Love ya folks !  :D

Just wait for the groups admins to accept request to join (do not press cancel!). It may take a while since there's only 2 admins at the moment. I run the board, other people manage the facebook but I sent them a message via my mobile to hurry hurry :)

In Finland the atmosphere towards all natural treatments is rather hostile, that's why we chose to keep our group closed. Which has turned out to be a good choice many times.

Great to have more people involved !  :)