Shutting the other door??

MoxieGirl

Hi gang,

So, if one takes a triptan, or a list of other meds, that will shut the door on busting, and make it not work. But does this work in reverse? If I bust, does that shut the door and stop migraine medication (triptans) from working?

Apart from clusters I have a lot (well, used to be A LOT before busting) migraines. And I'm just wondering if a recent bust will make my migraine medication useless for 5 days.

Thanks,

Renee

I always look at it as though the "blocker," if taken within 5 days of a bust, will negate the effects of the bust. Not completely, but to a matter of degree proportional to the amount of time that has passed.

It doesn't seem to be a matter of black and white - The further one is away from the bust with the blocker, the better effect the bust will have. In other words, if you were to take a triptan four days after a bust, you'll get most of the benefit of the bust.

Does that make sense?

Ah, interesting, I hadn't thought about the triptan affecting the bust AFTER the bust. I thought it was strictly a pre-bust event.

But, my question is more about will the bust affect the triptan?

If I have a REALLY bad migraine a couple days after a bust, will taking a triptan be pointless?

I don't know the answer to that. Once I've busted, triptans are the furthest thing from my mind. I have always "ridden it out" with O2 and caffeine for any post-bust hits. And I don't get migraines, so I've never had to test it from that perspective.

Maybe someone will come along who has more experience with this...

I have had quite a few times where I have taken imitrex after a bust, and it has always worked just fine.  With me, it also seems more important to mind the "no imitrex before a bust" then the "no imitrex after a bust".  I have had a number of times where the day or two after busting I have taken a half an imitrex shot and still gotten a good long lasting "busting" effect.  Biggest thing that sets me back is the trex for more than 2 days in a row.

-Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting topic that I have often wondered about. So, when one is using shrooms to treat clusters can one still use imitrex when a headache is coming on? I was under the impression that taking imitrex will "unbust" and eliminate the effects of the shrooms. As a result I have avoided imitrex for months but have had to take shroom tea almost every two or three weeks. Any clarification would be appreciated :)

The best response I have is not all indole's lock in the same way. While we want to avoid locking anything that may inhibit busting, once busted the next step is anybody's guess. I find my best results from a bust are on day 3 and 4 after... can't say if it would be that way if I was trex'n. Not willing to find out at this point.

Food for thought.

• 9 years later...

I have chronic CH and past treatments from Nerve Blocks, Botox, & O2 no longer work. I am now looking at Dosing and Micro-dosing LSD. My last dose of Sumatriptan was 12 hours ago and before that I made it 4 days without taking a shot.

1. Does this mean I have to start the clock on the 5 days all over?
2. Where can I find info on treatment of CH with LSD? I.e. What should initial dose be and what should follow up doses be in ug? 

Please help! I really can't live my life anymore! 

Hi Twisted . Yes you really do need to start the clock again 5 full days off triptans.  Then you can start your bust . I'm no expert but have busted with L twice know I use 200ug tabs first dose is 1 full tab then 5 days later another full tab then again 5 days later . I've just finished my 3rd dose and have been 9 days total pain free . I don't think their is a certain IF level you need to use but the higher the UG the bigger the trip if that's what you want . You may Adele enjoy it if your gonna do it . But be careful as you can have a bad trip have a sitter with you that can bring you out of any bad trip you have is the best thing you can do . If you have commitments that doesn't allow you to spread the for see to 5 days you can do it on the 4th day or 6th day . Hope that helps 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Where can I find info on treatment of CH with LSD?

The basics are covered if you click on the blue "NEW USERS ..." banner at the top of each page.  Beyond that, there are terrific people here who can help you.

Strongly recommend that you also start the "Vitamin D3 regimen."  It really helps a lot of people.  I don't know where the latest info on that is, but someone will connect you to it.

• Like 1

Here is the initial treatment referred to as the D3 Regimen.

https://vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708  This is will show you what you need to take daily for CH reduction or prevention. Many add Benadryl at night - either one or two at bedtime. It helps get rid of histamine and that helps a good bit. You can take the benadryl during the day as well if it does not make you too sleepy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Diamondmaker- i said not all indoles lock in the same way? Might this be an epigenetic situation? Perhaps the busting u guys speak of? Is in an odd way reformating of dna coiling to shut den access to epigenetic events. 

Iow. Maybe its not so much a receptor("locking") issue as it is abt changing the manner in which dna re.coils @ histone hub? Which wld address ur "locking" theory. See?