Need Welders O2

toostrike

I have been reading all the information on this site,and I am overwhelmed,in a good sense.3 Red Bulls today,and I feel so much better.I know this is a false sense of security because it seems to good to be true.I have been drinking Red Bull and reading all the posts for hours.First day in a week I could take on the computer for more than 5 minutes.Since these ch started,using the pc is almost a trigger,if that makes sense.

I had a doctors appointment tomorrow to get a prescription for 02,but I found out in the forums that I don't need a  prescription for welders o2.I need help with buying what is needed.

I live in N.E. Ohio.There seems to be alot of information,but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Hey there!!!!

You can buy O2 from your local welding supply co. I suggest buying the tank, not renting. That way any supply will refill it with no problem. If you lease/rent you must go back to the tank supplier.

You can get the Optimask on sister site.Click the menu on the left of the page and you should see a link. Can't try it now,typing this! Cost about 28.00

Regulator can be bought on line for about 55.00. Get one that goes up to 25LPM at least. Higher is better for some. Make sure it has a 'barb' so you can connect the mask line.

Then you are all set to go!!!! Remember, no oil on the fittings! Connect it up. Tighten down the fittings and turn on the tank, not the regulator. It must be in the 0 or off position. You should get nothing, no hissing or whistling, silence after the valve opens. That means you are tight. Not much uump needed. 1/2 turn past good resistance should do it. Do not over tighten or you will be -issed trying to change tanks during a hit! Note; Guys tend to over tighten stuff! 

Hope this helps. :)

The computer thingey - I get it too. Kicks it off sometimes. >:(

Start with a mask http://www.clusterheadaches.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=o2ptimask&sid=2i5v99iimxrm05h361daw389x4r89tts

You need a large tank, 125 cu. ft. or better, and a regulator. Welding supply stores, Harbor Freight (tool store), auto parts stores, anyone with welding supplies will have these. If you would rather have a "medical" regulator, rather than a "welding" regulator, then Amazon has them for around $40+.

The regulator must match the tank valve, large medical tanks and welding tanks use a CGA 540 style valve. Many like the welding regulators because they basically have no limit on output flow. Medical regulators are a little easier to use, but make sure you can get at least 15 lpm flow, preferably 25 lpm.

Hope that helps.

Go rent one for now... I can usually get a tank Today with around $30 for the O2 and a small rental fee (around $10 a month).

Also, if spending money on your own tank... you can get a nice aluminum one that you can actually lift and carry yourself for that price (didn't notice if that one was aluminum, but didn't look like it).

Don't procrastinate on the O2. For many it is a lifesaver but you have to follow the directions explicitly in my opinion. I think that is why O2 doesn't work for some people because they aren't doing it exactly right and then again for some it just doesn't work.

Also, if you get an attack and you don't have O2, try running up and down a flight of stairs several times or push-ups. We don't have too many stairs here in Florida so I run around in circles and do push-ups. I call it the cluster dance.  :D

Also I have a thread I started here and a little about me. Well if you read it you will see I have tried that D3 treatment that you can do yourself with over the counter stuff like vitamin D3, kudzu, calcium pills, Omega-3, Melatonin and juice with a high concentrate of Citric Acid. This took me out of cycle last time. I just started it again after almost exactly one year ago today coming here (even though I've had these headaches for years).

Good luck! I'm off to bed after I take my special 12mg of Melatonin and hope the beast doesn't wake me.