My doctors visit

toostrike

toostrike,

http://www.wtfarley.com/Oxygen-Standard-Body-Click-Regulator-CGA-540_p_55.html

This is the one I bought. 55.00 with barb and 25lpm. Fast delivery and no script.

Flea-bay is a bad idea. Some sell dead/non working units.

Optimask comes with mask and tube. I use the tube as the mask kills the trigeminal nerve which is already exploding. Order it from sister site. Should be on the menu on the left side of this page. ~30.00.

Rent your tank for starters perhaps, but if you buy it, any company will fill it. Rental means you must go to the rental company for refill. No deposit and it is yours. I get mine filled for 38.00 /150cu. Live in the sticks, so perhaps a tad high. But hey, my guy will bring me a refill on Sunday for free if I need it. Worth it for me.

hope this helps

Melatonin: Have you tried it? I use 10mg and up in high cycle. Start with 10 and work up if need be. It will provide a few hours of sleep early in the night for most. I probably take more than most when I get up to 20-30mg by 4am! But, I don't have a problem with it. Out of cycle, no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My neuro won't prescribe O2 either. 'Causes rebounds.' he says. >:( i informed him that if you use it correctly, it will not! Still got a 'no'. Idiots abound everywhere.

Good luck! :)

spiny

Don't stare at this screen too long, it can hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Spiny.After reading this whole thread again alot of my questions were answered already.I feel the The Dream Warriors,In Nightmare On Elm Street,afraid to go to bed.That friggin Demon is  waiting for me to dream.I guess lack of sleep as me tripping,but not in a great way.Thats ok! I will be busting on some seeds or shrooms,sooner than later.

t-s, i am not an expert.  others here are.  i do know that the typical connections for O2 tanks are CGA 540 for larger tanks and CGA 870 for smaller ones.  i think an e-4 connection is for other gases (though it might work for O2); i have never read of anyone here or at ch.com having an e-4 connection.  but i could be wrong.  like i say, i'm no expert, but this sounds off to me.  sorry if i'm making it complicated for no good reason.  hopefully, i'm barking up a wrong tree here, which has been known to happen more than once.

your list of what you need is correct.  given what spiny says, maybe you don't want to get a regulator through ebay, and in any event you need to know what kind of connection it is before you buy--large tanks and small tanks use different regulators  if you do decide to look around at ebay, you'll just go to www.ebay.com and type whatever you're looking for into the search bar "cga e-4" turns up a bunch, some of which are said to be new, as does "cga 540" and "cga 870."  you want a flow rate that goes up to at least 15 lpm, and most people will tell you that 25 or more is worth the extra money.  i think the e-4 will not be calibrated in lpm, but if it's the right regulator, you probably can turn the valve open to get the flow you need.

here are some other places for regulators:

http://www.lifegas.com/gas_devices_and_therapies/special_oxygen_needs.asp

http://madamedical.com/

As spiny says, the strongly preferred mask is the O2ptimask: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/khxc/

You could order a mask right away.  You can find standard non-rebreather masks at many internet locations (and at ebay). Enter the words “non-rebreather mask” into a search engine to find suppliers. Note that these masks are quite inexpensive, so if you see a price quoted of more than a couple of dollars, it is probably for a case of masks, not just for one.

And here's some information that blueballs posted at another thread, which is part of why I wonder whether that E-4 connection is for something other than straight O2:

>>>Many tanks and gasses are used for welding. Argon, Co2,helium,ect,ect...what you need is 02 usually used for gas cutting operations..ie, cutting metal plates into sub parts for assembly with a welding machine using welding gasses. Specifically oxygen used in cutting operations are 100% 02, where welidng gasses are inhert gasses used in combination to remove 02 from the welding arc. Do not use inhert welding gasses. 02 is used as an oxidizer for aceteylene gas in the cutting torch as well as compressed air to blow away the molten metal during the cutting process. If your welding friend has a cutting torch with 2 tanks, one 02 and the other aceytlene,then the 02 tank for that is a viable replacement for medical 02. Again do not use inhert welding gasses, they will suffocate you. In the US a standard color code of green indicates oxygen. I love green tanks...lol Wink Oxygen is also stamped on the formed neck at the top of the tank. Shocked As a long time welder and welding inspector I have used 02 on many jobsites and shops right out of the cutting torch. I have used industrial 02 over many years only to find the same relief I get from medical 02. Maybe what confused you was the term welding oxygen..its not used for welding....its used for cutting metal for welding operations... Cool Your friend's tank is likely a 75/25 argon/co2. Typical in welding ferrous metals with mild steel wire.

hope this clears that up.<<<

CHfather-When I talked with this guy on the phone,I told him that a friend of mine is teaching me how to weld.I asked him if they had 125 c ft tanks,to which he replied, yes.I then asked if those tanks had a standard connection,and he said yes.I told them I would purchase my own regulator,after I found out they want 130 dollars for there regulators.He told me the connection was CGAE4,after reading something on the fitting,I guess.I say, I guess,because he was like, wait a minute,It has some writing,and thats when he said CGAE4. This guy sounded alot younger,so maybe I should talk to someone else with more knowledge.

I really have no clue on the subject,as a whole,but when I talk to them Monday,should I ask specific questions.Like  my friend mentioned, that the standard is CGA 540 for larger 02 tanks.You bring up a good point.I want to make sure I have the correct fitting before I rent the tank.

hopefully someone is going to set this straight.  i can only add that i looked up the only "oxygen regulator" that's sold at harbor freight (a kind of regulator many CH people use) and it's $34.99 and in the product specs it says the inlet thread is "CGA 540."  so the $130 and the e-4 aren't seeming right to me, as i say.  getting the right regulator is of course necessary, but if they're selling you a tank that needs a $130 regulator with an unfamiliar cga #, then the bigger concern is that it's not O2, which would be a very bad thing!  sure hoping we can get you through this quick and onto some oxygen to help with what you're going through!

toostrike,

I use the CGA-540 on 60cf and 90cf tanks. The other regulator is screwed into the top of a smaller tank I believe.

The site I gave you has several pics of tanks too. The other regulator screws into the top as I recall. Also,, you can Google O2 tanks and there is a listing with photos of several different sizes and connections.

cheers :)

Denny is the hardest working, smartest and sexiest guy on the board ::) I wonder if he has seen what I said about him in the Vegas conference thread ;D

Looks like your list is complete. I'm a big believer in the Optimask but I have never tried the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece comes with the Optimask by the way.

You will find that a good oxygen setup will dramatically change your life. Just get on the O2 at the first sign an attack is coming. It works well if you get on it early, not so well for a full blown attack.

Thanks to my O2 I have only had a few Kip 8 or higher in several years. They all used to be off the charts before oxygen.

As a matter of fact, I gave up on oxygen when I first tried it years ago. I didn't have the right mask....so the correct setup is imperative!

You will find that you will be way less fearful of the next hit...knowing you can quash it in  3 to 5minutes max.

Anxiety levels will drop and with that attitude and depression will improve accordingly.

Good luck

Dan

I went into Harbor Freight tools and purchased my O2 regulator just as an FYI. It works on all of my welders tanks for oxygen. The guy at the oxygen place told me that welders tanks for oxygen are all the same threading (size, ect.) for the regulators. So far I have found that to be true. Medical tanks are different.

As an asside, on eBay you can buy an apparatus with which you can transfer welders oxygen from a welder tank to a medical o2 tank. It's a special hose with special connectors. The deal is there must be more pressure coming from the tank with which you are transferring into the medical tank. Now I haven't had much success with this as I have tried but I either have a faulty transfer setup from eBay (think it may have a leak) or I'm doing something wrong. You have to me extremely careful if you ever do this and consider you environment. Don't need an explosion or something if ya know what I mean.

I wanted to be able to do this so I could bring my oxygen more places where I would have easy access to it as opposed to being at say the mall or a conference recently where my car was a mile away from the convention center. I purchased the medical tanks of Craigslist usually where someone was selling them where the tanks had belonged to a deceased love one or family member.

I would like to be able to go on a cruise one day and I have no idea how I'll be able to bring my oxygen with me. There's a lot of things I miss out on because I can't have oxygen ready. I'll have to start a thread on that to see what others are doing. Bear in mind I have no script for oxygen from my doctor. Also sometimes there is just no place to put it. PITA

Very simply, I don't think that guy knew what he was talking about. CGA E-4 as far as I know refers to the standards by which regulators are built, not the valve size/type.

CGA 540 is the "connection type" and is the only one I know used for all welding and all larger medical O2 tanks. There may be others, but since this is the standard, purchasing equipment with something else will only set you up for compatibility problems in the future. I would bet $100 right now that the 125 cf tank he was talking about has a CGA 540 valve on it.