best neuro i have found!!!!! in florida

capt scotty

Just wanted to let everyone know there is neuro who truly knows what we are going through. He has an office in psl florida and another in ft lauderdale and west palm beach. His name is doctor francis conidi. I could not believe how much research he has done on this bastard of a condition. He told me his friend suffered when he was younger and he has spent alot of time working on treating this condition. I have been through 3 others and was in shock when i started talking with him.

It was a blessing to talk to someone who understands and doesn't just want to throw narcotics at a chronic issue. I have had doctors look at me and say yes i get headaches sometimes also here is a narcotic just take them when it feels like your having a bad one. Then when you try to explain I'm having a bad one once or twice a night they look at you like your crazy. He shook my hand and told me i will help and we will make this better. Not to mention he spent probably an hour with me on my first visit. The last doctor said maybe your just a bit stressed and then i tried to explain my first hit came while i was camping on a lake with my healthy wife and kids without a care in the world.

• 1 month later...

I'm happy you found a Neuro who seems to be engaged and aware of CH.

Conidi was the 3rd neuro I saw over my 8 years of having CH.

Please know that I'm not trying to steal your thunder or hope.

He may not push narcotics but he does use preventatives and Imitrex as treatment.

It's good to hear his bedside manner may have improved because having a friend (I heard the story) is much different than suffering with CH personally.

My last office visit after seeing him for over a year went something like this...

He was sitting at his desk at the PSL office with his bulldog at his feet, drinking a Red Bull, and he said "I can't help you anymore".

My son grabbed me as I'm crawling over his desk to grab him by his throat.

I was excited too when I first met him.  The bottom line is unless they have CH most Neuro's don't have a clue.  My personal opinion is most Neuro's suck, it's who sucks the least in helping with the beast.

Best of luck.  Maybe after me he got his act together.

Have you met his mother yet?