Am i crazy?

capt scotty

I swear i can tell what nights I'm gonna get a cluster headache . Just before i fall asleep i start getting a aching feeling behind my left eye. On those nights it's a sure thing so last night when that happened i hit the 02 and it was still there so i took a 100mg oral imitrex and slept through the night.(5 hours) Kinda just wondering if anyone else has a warning? From what i read most say it comes on sudden and leaves the same way. I have had some without any warning but lately i feel like I'm recognizing the way my body sets up before the hit. I know imitrex isn't a preventative but i feel like it stops it before it builds. I save the injections for the full blown hits. :D  also i usually don't get hit until 3a.m which would mean i'm getting a long warning.

Hi,

Not crazy. Well, that's not a professional opinion, but in regards to this question, no, makes sense. LOL

I used to, when my clusters were really bad, get extreme body temperature shifts after an attack for about a 1/2 hour. Someone on the board said they tend to get temperature shifts BEFORE an attack, which warns them of a coming attack.

I sometimes get more subtle signs, but then it's not 100% accurate. I'll get a feeling, or a sense that one is due, but then maybe nothing. Or a headache for an hour, then a proper attack.

capt,

I call those little achy signs a 'shadow'. For me, they mean I will get a nighttime hit shortly after lying down. The shadow just shows up. Annoying mostly. Then, going prone seems to push it into an attack.

I just take them as an indicator that it will not be a peaceful night. The attack does come on fast, but a shadow can last for hours during the day. To me it sort of feels like a thumb pushing into my temple. Pressure pain, not 'real' pain, if that makes sense.