Paint as a trigger ?

fireface

Thankfully, I've been PF for over 1 1/2 years... recently, I sprayed a project with a Lacquer paint and it seems to have triggered something... I wore a mask and tried to avoid fumes ... but, something happened... fairly minor... kip 3 or 4... anyone ever notice paint as a trigger ?

fireface,

Yes,  paint has been reported as a trigger in my reading. I suspect it falls under the 'vapor' thing, as in gas, mineral spirits, etc.

I do not have those types of triggers, but I know one Ch'er who wears a nose clip at times to avoid smell triggers!

Sorry you had a bad experience!!!!!!! :'( PF to you!!!

spiny

Absolutely! For me triggers include many oil based paints (not linseed oil artistic paints), diesel fumes from trucks and buses, fumes from old cars without pollution control, tar and road asphalt, many other strong chemical odors like ink toner. I once used rubbing alcohol on my nose for to clean a small cut and I had an attack within 15 minutes! Pooey!

C

cludster

I am the one with the nose clip! Smell triggers are very high for me, old ladies heavy perfume, is a special one, I suppose it is oil based because it clings to everything! Lately I find banknotes the same offending smell ::) Luckily I only have to count money once a week, doesn't sound good for business,though :)

heilette

I too would like to know how large amounts of money smell.  :D

I once used rubbing alcohol on my nose for to clean a small cut and I had an attack within 15 minutes! Pooey!

Off topic Jeebsaroni tip of the day: When applying alcohol to skin or cuts try using good 'ol Vodka instead.

Yep grain alcohol makes for a non toxic anti-bacterial, killing the germs nicely but not depositing a toxic solvent into your bloodstream (or fuming up your nose!) as isopropyl alcohol allegedly does.