Is There a Time Limit For RC Seed Soaking?

ob1kanobee

I crushed up 25 RC seeds to a fine powder last night around 10:00 pm and added to water (soak) with the intentions of drinking it but fell asleep.

Can I drink this same cocktail tonight or do I need to start all over again which would mean I have to throw out what I made? I don't want to waste it. How long is it good for?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this. It was 25 seeds BTW

ob1,

I don't know the answer to your question, sorry. But I have read, somewhere, that soaking for a long period tends to cause more nausea. That may be an individual response or it may be due to something like extra tannins being released into the brew.

If you have plenty of seeds, you might want to start over.

Good luck!

spiny

OB1,

To properly answer your question there's a lot of variables to consider.  firstly being the mixture becomes more noxious...  by an order of magnitude for ever hour left soaking over the 2 hour recommended time.  QUITE vile after just 6 hours.  Secondly if it's been exposed to light it's possible the LSA has been destroyed.  LSA quickly breaks down when exposed to light.  In the seeds it's not a problem, but once it's been absorbed in the water light easily penetrates the water and destroys it.  The soak should always be done cold and in a dark fridge preferably.

For ease and accuracy, I'd recommend starting with fresh seeds.

PFW,

Jeff

• Like 1

Well I did only 15 seeds last night. Slept really good but don't know if the seeds had any play in that.

Had a headache this morning while driving to a meeting so I had to BWD (breathe while driving).

In 5 days I will double the dose to 30 if I'm still getting hits. There is some powder that doesn't get used from crushing on my motar and pestil so I'm not getting a true 15 or whatever amount if seeds.

Me too, ob1, I have the same symptoms after my first bust, but I took more seeds, the headaches seemed to occur less frequently after time.  Now 12 days into my busting schedule, I have very few headaches, and if I feel getting one I drink a strong coffee or take a red bull and it disappears.  I even shared a bottle of wine yesterday with my wife.  In the past I used to pay for that with attacks during the night, but yesterday nothing.  I really believe this S... works.  Thanks to this board for opening my eyes to this remedy.

I didn't know about the effects of light on LSA either, good to know, thanks.

ob1, I normally soak mine for 2 hours, but once tried longer. 6 hours or so I think, and the only difference I noticed was that it made me feel sicker than normal.

In my experience, 15 is a very small dose of seeds. I started at 30, and within a few busts was up to 50, which is where I did most of my busting, maxing out at around 60 seeds.

When I crushed mine in my mortar and pestle, I then used a pastry brush to brush out all the very fine powdery bits into my shot glass, which I soaked them in.

I'm guessing you are floating the seeds first, and throwing out the ones that float, and only crushing the seeds that are heavier than water? floaters don't have any LSA in them.

good luck. Renee

I'm guessing you are floating the seeds first, and throwing out the ones that float, and only crushing the seeds that are heavier than water? floaters don't have any LSA in them.

good luck. Renee

I don't recall reading anything about floating the seeds first. This is news to me. Now I'm wondering how many of my 15 were floaters. Errrrrrrr

What's this floating process? Can someone elaborate on it? I can't believe I don't recall reading about floating.  >:(

Hi again Ob1,

Floating seeds is much like floating an egg. As eggs get older, and 'go off', they fill up with air as the liquid inside shrinks. Thus, an egg that floats is a bad egg. As seeds get old, the inside material (there is probably a technical name for this) dries up and is replaced with air, such that the seeds eventually become empty husks, and thus float.

In my experience, out of 60 seeds, I might get 8-15 floaters. It all depends on where you bought them from, how old they are, etc. I noticed it changed from batch to batch.

Here is my complete process for busting with seeds. I've found it works pretty well, and the results and mild trip is quite consistent.

1. Stop eating or drinking.

2. Float the seeds

I would float about 60, with an aim of getting 50 good ones. Floaters, put in the bin. Dry off the good ones with a paper towel and separate into batches of 10 seeds.

3. Crush.

I would crush them in batches of 10 in a mortar and pestle, as trying to crush 40-50 seeds at once is a real pain. I tried my pepper grinder a couple times, as some people use, but didn't find it as effective.

4. Use a pastry brush to brush the crushed seeds, and seed dust, into a shot glass.

5. Add a bit of water and a squeeze of lemon.

6. Stir occasionally and let soak for 2 hours.

7. Strain the water from the sludge into a clean shot glass, using the back of a tea spoon to squeeze out all the liquid from the sludge. I used a little tea strainer for this, and it worked really well.

8. Down the water in one. Chase with a glass of fresh water to clear the bad taste.

9. Don't eat anything for 90 minutes.

I would either time it so I could go to bed at this point, or put in a movie. I would always make sure the movie was one I'd seen before, and was a comedy. The trip I experienced from seeds wasn't a massive one, but it was like seeing things for the first time. I figure it's not a good time for surprises or strong emotions. Comedy is good though.

I would usually drop off for a 1/2 hour during the movie, and sleep REALLY deeply that night. On a couple occasions, I had had a drink or two of vodka before I started the process, and it ruined my good nights sleep. Instead of being sleepy, I full of energy. So avoid alcohol if you're not already.

Hope this helps.

Renée

Thank you Renee for that detailed information and also the others who responded including how the light effects LSA. Great information by all!

In regards to my first LSA dose of 15 seeds, I was just testing the waters. This cycle is lasting longer than I expected. Last year the D3 regimine seemed to have worked better though this year it no doubt has helped limit the number and intensity of the attacks.

As of right now, I'm mainly getting hit at night before I go to bed. I also get hit anytime I take a nap. As soon as I wake from a nap I feel like I have a really really bad hangover. Extremely foggy thinking/head with the headache coming but O2 stops it. My head also feels like it is asleep at the same time because it tingles big time like a leg or an arm that has fallen asleep (best I can describe). Wonder if others feel these same effects?

I prefer night time attacks over daytime because during the day I'm on appointments with clients. I was in a one on one training last week being trained on a health product and damm if I didn't start to get an attack. I could feel my left eye drooping and neck starting to hurt. The trainer was looking at me funny I swear. He had to go search another part of the office for something I would need so I told him I had to get something out of my car. I went out to the car to breathe O2 and came back. Real PITA these cluster headaches!  :(

Glad to help.

When I started on seeds, my first dose was really low too, and then I built up to 50 over a few busts. I've never done LSA or Magic Mushrooms, and didn't know what to expect. Also, my body can have some pretty extreme reactions even to mild medications, or no reaction at all to very strong meds. No way of telling, so always smart to start small.

My clusters are a bit different than most peoples. For the last few years, they've been quite short. When they started, in 2007, they were 30 - 45 minutes, or over an hour sometimes, but now they are a few minutes to 15 - 30 minutes. In fact, a 30-45 minut cluster these days is quite unusual. But, I was getting up to 5 day every 2-3 days for over a year, until I started busting that is.

I also rarely get them when I sleep. Most are during the evening or weekends. I also rarely get them, or at least bad ones, when I'm at work. It seems that when I've very focused, they tend to stay away. When I'm relaxing, or at home where I feel safe and relaxed, that's when and where they hit most.

So it interestes me when people get hit at work, because for me, work is almost a preventative.

Hope the busting goes well. xx

• 4 years later...