Here I go again!!!

birdman

Wow, two year remission!!!  I am thankful for that period of pain free living and as always regret that I went back to regular living.  Should have stuck around and been a supporter as the people that supported me probably saved my life.

Anyway, been having some shadows and this morning at the usual time when in cycle, bam.....it's back!!  Gotta get back to o2 supplier (returned everything this past summer...knew it was a jinx). 

No shot at me growing anything as I don't have a green thumb...more like a black hand.  Guess I will revisit the seeds. 

All this will surrounded by the disaster of Hurricane Sandy, my poor fellow Staten Islanders got hit real hard...keep them in your prayers!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b'man, I think a lot of people have had success with seeds from www.tranceplants.net and www.iamshaman.com.   

Ricardo, whose judgment is much to be trusted, recommends this site, though I haven't heard much feedback from others about seeds bought there: http://www.ktbotanicals.com/viable-seeds-c-2.html?zenid=c4m6650jh1ckc01kapbfmjo5.

Matty - I failed in that area, got too comfortable in pf times and have had little success growing on my own.

I was fortunate enough to find a dose from my last battle still sealed so I took a shot last night and dosed.  About 1g and even though it was old I still felt the effects so I am hopeful.  Fingers crossed.

Have had some minor hits, nothing signifigant.  Hopefully my dose on Tues night hit it hard.  DO I wait 5 days and hit it again?  I have one more package left of 2g dried.  Will not use all of it but maybe 1.5g.  Hopefully I can knock this cycle out before it even gets started. 

Also, tried to get a high flow regulator and demand valve.  Nobody wants to seem to seel to an individual, wholesalers only.  Guess I gotta give ebay a shot unless anyone can recommend a company who will sell to a guy holding his credit card.

Also, tried to get a high flow regulator and demand valve. Nobody wants to seem to sell to an individual, wholesalers only.

Well, of course you can get high-flow regulators in a lot of places, including eBay.  But it is true (as far as I know) that the demand valve has to be ordered for you by a registered O2 provider.  Maybe others have a different experience???  If you're going to get a higher-flow regulator now while you hassle with your O2 supplier (if you have one) for the demand valve, you want to be sure to get a regulator with a DISS fitting, which is what the demand valve attaches to, in addition to the barbed fitting that your mask's hose attaches to.  Right at this moment at eBay, for example, the top regulator on this page has a DISS fitting, but the one below it doesn't: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=oxygen+regulator&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=medical+oxygen+regulator+25&_sacat=0

Thanks CHfather - it appears both regulators you indicated are for the little E tanks.  I bought one yesterday for an M tank and it does have the right fittings.  Should arrive on Monday.  In the meantime, I had my first nightime hits last night.  All have been minor hits that I have battled with ice, red bull, and doing my dance with the devil. 

Got an M tank know in my office and at home.  Till I get the new regulator only getting up to 8 lpm, waaaaay to low.  Hopefully it helps somewhat as the hits haven't been major.  Sunday night I guess I hit it again, can anyone chime in on whether or not this is the right timing between doses?  Thanks!!

(Sorry -- I was just meaning to illustrate the DISS vs. non-DISS. I'm very glad you had the sense to know that those would not work with your bigger tanks!)

Yes, since you dosed on Tuesday, Sunday would be five days.  Some people might press their luck with four days and try on Saturday, but if you can hold out, Sunday is better.

I'm sorry I didn't know that you had tanks but not a good regulator.  If it's still an option for you, you could buy a regulator at a welding supply store and have something for right now, until you get the one you ordered from eBay (I remember waiting much longer than I thought we were going to have to for the one we ordered from eBay to actually arrive).  This one http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=oxygen%20regulator, you can get from a Harbor Freight store (I think the closest one to your SI home might be about 8 miles away in Jersey, but maybe you go off the Island to work, or maybe there's a welding supply store out there).  It doesn't have an lpm gauge, but you can just open the valve to get a very good flow (and it fits the M tank).  If you follow that link above, there's a "store locator" bar that'll help you find the closest one.   

Hoping for the best for you. 

BTW, b'man, if you don't mind saying, I'm curious about how you got your welding tanks (rented or bought), roughly how much they cost, and how much a refill will cost.  Just trying to identify some cost parameters, since that's a question people commonly ask about welding O2 and it seems to vary pretty widely.

You rule CHfather!!!  If a regulator doesn't have an lpm gauge, do you control the flow by how much you open the handle??  Hope this isn't a dumb question.

You regulate by the regulator,  that's why it's called a regulator.  The handle is on or off no in-between.

Potter

I get my O2 from a welders supply house. A few weeks ago after I had been coming in like every 10 days, the guy remarked, "what a ya doin, huffin this stuff"? I replied "well I knew one day you'd ask and as a matter of fact........". He's cool with it and said it works wonders for hangovers.

My brother suggested I look into a career as a welder this way I could get all the 02 I wanted even at work lol.

Don't recall what I'm paying per month for my 3 tanks but I'll look and see. I'd drain my bank account if I had to for O2. Thankfully my cycle seems to be coming to an end. I'm dying to have a couple of beers.

I wouldn't suggest telling the welder people what your using the 02 for. This guy was just curious after the last few years and especially since he never saw a fella supposed to be welding wearing a shirt and tie at times lol.