Here I go again!!!

birdman

Okay, had one complete pain free night Saturday night (though I woke up with a minor hit).  Sunday was pretty good, just shadows, other then the morning.  Sunday night, got woken three times but all dealt with quickly with O2.  Last night was my due date for bust#2 but family situations eliminated the possibility.  Hoping tonight is the night.  Not easy with a 15 yo son and 11 yo daughter.  How do you explain to trip effects to your kids, especially a high school boy who is not a dummy.  Wish me luck tonight!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wishing you lots of luck, b'man, and also just curious about whether your RC seeds have arrived yet, and wondering where you ordered them from.  i know that tranceplants was one of your options, and i see that heilette has not received the seeds she ordered from them in over a month (and i know someone else, in New Jersey, who experienced a delay, which might have been a result of post-Sandy issues with the mails).  would like to know if tranceplants is falling down on the job somehow.

CHfather- Thanks for well wishes.  I did order from tranceplants and it has been over a week.  Still nothing.

Spiny - thanks for well wishes

Looks like tonight is the night, last night got too late by the time I got home.  And had a late dinner so it all added up to a bad choice of nights.  Tonight is the definite night, no excuses. 

Good news? - I got the new regulator I ordered from EBAY.  Woop woop

Okay, so I finally did the second dose, 7 days after the first.  It was Tuesday night and had some significant visual effects.  Slept through the night but upon waking for work, I started to experience and eye throb that I thought was gonna cause my eye to pop.  Pain got so intense I almost threw up.  Once it cleared I experienced shadows all day and hit the 02.  Wednesday night was good again until waking.  02 and I was fine.  Never had to do more then one dose but then again, this is the first time I have tried to avoid a cycle from ramping up.  Usually been used mid cycle due to unavailability.  Thoughts on how this will go???  Also, if I use melatonin, will it interfere??  Thanks and Happy Gobble Gobble!!!

So, pretty decent night.  Up twice but quickly aborted.  But again woke up to an hit solely focused on the eye.  O2 didn't help.  Maybe melatonin will help the nightime and wake hits.  Since I used my last dose on Tuesday and the seeds have still not arrived, I may give the d3 treatment a shot if I can.  Time to do some research.  Any thoughts on that?????

Thought #1 is to write to Tranceplants right away and say your order hasn't arrived.  You can just reply to the order confirmation they sent you.  Tell them (if you want) that you're a member of ClusterBusters; in the past they have been interested in creating a good relationship here.

Thought #2 is maybe get some seeds overnighted from iamshaman or somewhere else.

#3.  The "D3" has worked well, and even very quickly, for some people, but for most it takes a week or two or more to be effective, and for some (25%?) it doesn't seem to work at all, or at least not without major fiddling.  So my thought about it is, no reason not to try (since it's probably good for you anyway), but not a substitute for busting.  As for your research, I see that ch.com thread I linked to in my D3 file has now grown to 43 pages. Batch started a new thread (http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1324046404) about a year ago, and it begins with his "official" D3 method, so that might be a place to start.   

Thanks CHfather!!  Might have a lead into a third dose but not looking too promising.  D3 is obviosuly easier to obtain but didn't want to interfere with any possible effects from dosing.  What are your thoughts on melatonin use??

There's no indication that the "D3" approach interferes with busting.  Be sure that you do the whole thing, as laid out by Batch.

More than anything else, it seems to me that melatonin works very well for some people and not very well, or not at all, for others.  Spiny, Jeebs, and others can give you better advice than me about melatonin.

I think I remember that you've been using RedBull.  If that's not helping, or helping some but not enough, you could consider something, like Monster, that has more caffeine/more taurine.  I know some people swear by their Monsters (the three ounce "Monster Hitman Sniper" has three times as much caffeine as an 8-ounce RedBull; and several Monsters have a lot more caffeine and taurine than RedBull).  You might have to do some label-examining if you want to go this route: RedBull is typically 80 mg caffeine and 1000 mg taurine.    Just a thought.

Been a day of ice picks every two hours.  Going to go the melatonin route tomorrow and then head to a pharmacy and grab the meds per Batch's protocol.  I do go the red bull route but will definitely check out some Monster's instead.  Thanks for the tip. 

birdman,

I use 10mg of Melatonin every night at bedtime. If it is a bad night, I will add another 10mg 2-4 hours later. During high cycle sometimes it is 20mg at bedtime for relief. It helps some people a lot and some say they get no benefit.

Hope your ice picks are the short duration that I know about. Mine are very short stabs from hell when I get them.

D3 did not end my cycle last year, but I am back on it since last spring. Mainly because I really need the D3 itself and the other stuff is just good for you.

Hope this helps a little! :)

spiny

Thanks spiny!  Didn't take that much melatonin, only 6mg.  Terrible night, every two hours I had to hit the o2, thank God it works or I would REALLY be losing my mind, or whats left of it.  The seeds finally showed up and I am going to increase my melatonin tonight as well as start Batch's D3 regiment.  Hopefully some sleep tonight.

BTW - Did I mention I am in the middle of moving my office space to a new suite last week and this week???  Oh yeah, having a ball >:(

My order from TrancePlants took 10 days to arrive. I have also been trying the melatonin at 10mg a nite and it has reduced the nite time hits from 3-4 down to 1-2. I also ran out of oxygen the other day and slugged 2 monsters 16oz original and the CH faded away within 15 min. It was at k6 when I drank them.

Thanks red dog. I need some hope right now as I just recovered from my first kip 10 of this cycle. Benn mostly kip 6/7 but this one was tops. O2 wouldn't help, red bull nothing. Heading out to get d3 vitamins and some monsters. Almost jabbed some imitrex but I want to hit the seeds tomorrow night.

birdman,

MOVING????? Bending over to pick stuff up???? *(&()&^$%$! >:( Lord, that bending will cause a hit some days!!

You can also use your caffeine at night! Or I did with no adverse effect. Suck O2, suck caffeine, repeat till it quits and go back to sleep! Worth a try, at least once to see if the caffeine keeps you up.

Best of luck,

spiny

Thanks spiny.  Just got back from pharmacy with all my vitamins and some monster.  Going to take at dinner and hope to see some relief in the coming days.  Trying to keep some sanity and hope that the higher dose of melatonin tonight gets me a few straight hours of sleep. 

I avoided napping today as I know that would just bring about a hit but started wondering.....I'm getting hit all day anyway, why not nap??  Thoughts anyone???

birdman,

Most people would tell you to avoid the nap, true. But, I don't have a problem with it when normal sleep is already destroyed - I nap for an hour or so to make up some of the lost z-time.

So, it affects most people ,but not all Cher's. :)

You do need to fast for a few hours before taking seeds, don't you?

spiny

Hey spiny, yes you do need to fast for the seeds.  I follow same guidelines whether seeds or mushies.  The upped dosage didn't seem to do much for other then keep me drowsy through the night hits.  Maybe it made them easier to deal with.  Not sure, still drowsy and caffeine is having zero effect.  Hoping the Vitamin D3 regimen helps reduce some frequency or levels.  I pulled out a blood test from May of this year and my Vitamin D was low.  It has me hopeful that it might help and it seems to be popular belief that it will not interfere with any busting.  I need all the hope I can get right now.

Hey Birdman just an fyi: I get my seeds from pyschoactiveherbs.com, they arrive very quickly every time. Hang in there buddy we have been through this before and gotten through the other side of the tunnel. I know how hard it is to stay away from the imitrex; great job, it can be hard to remember that the goal is to knock it back and kill it when you are getting a major hit.

David

Well, pretty bad night started with a strong hit in the early evening and then three nights throughout the night.  Almost grabbed the trex on the last one.  Almost.  Gonna hope to get through the day on red bull and o2 and hit the seeds tonight.  Brain is a little foggy but if I remember correct, crush them up and soak in some water.  Then drain if stomach issues or gulp it all down.  Hopefully no weak moments and give in to trex.  Tough to handle while at work.  Sorry about the rant :(

Rants are perfectly acceptable birdman. :)

Crush them up good and soak for 1.5 to 2 hours. You can add some lemon juice to them if you have it. Helps with the taste I hear. Some say it helps release the actives, some say not.  Then, off to a good nights sleep we hope! :)

PFDAN to you!

spiny

Probably 40-50? Some people start lower, just to get the hang of it. Most current posts seem to go for 50-70. If you are concerned maybe try 40. Old suggestions were 25-30 for the first time and then increase as needed. I definitely would not go lower than 30 as it might not be enough and now you have to wait again.

Here come good wishes and healing thoughts for tonight. Hang on, the day is half over now, right?

spiny