Here I go again!!!

birdman

If you are getting sick of Red Bull, can you try coffee? It works for me and others. Change of pace might help. If there is a freezer at work and you can stick your head in it for a minute, that also helps many. So does going out in the cold, but it is probably raining and not cold today. Many use an ice pack as well. Being weird, heat works for me at the beginning. ::)

Fingers crossed here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b'man,

spiny's advice is, as always, completely sound.  I would only add that since you have used psilo, a high dose of RC is probably not going to cause a trip you can't handle.  Really, the relatively low initial doses are based on making sure no one has any bad psychological side effects (possible stomach upset is also a consideration, but not one that's worth shortchanging yourself on LSA).  So far, I have only read here of one person having any kind of significantly "trippy" experience with up to even 70 seeds.  The vast majority of people have no psychedelic effects at all, even at those levels.  So if you're okay with the remote possibility of some kind of trip that will still probably be nothing like the psilo experience, I'd go with 65 float-tested seeds.  You know the float test?  Put them in water, stir to release any that are stuck to the sides of the glass, and use the ones that SINK.  Pat them dry before you crush them.  Although some people use a coffee grinder for the grinding, I would personally recommend a mortar and pestle or a hand-turned spice grinder, if you have one of those things.  If you use a coffee grinder, I'd recommend very quick pulses with some time in between. (Heat damages LSA.)   

Very best wishes for success.

Thanks folks, I do use an ice pack but lately have gotten better results from heat.  Weird.  Can't seem to tolerate coffee but may need to force myself.  Been concerned about too much caffeine as I have had some weird sensations in my armpit and down my left arm.  Seems to happen when I am hopped up on too much caffeine. 

I am glad to hear of the float test as I would have just grabbed whatever was there.  Hoping to get some results and will keep posted.

Thanks for the support...it is very helpful

Tim

Glad to see the good advice you're getting here B-man, and I believe this is one of the particularly pertinent nuggets:

...since you have used psilo, a high dose of RC is probably not going to cause a trip you can't handle.

Here's to a good strong beast walloping tonight.

Good news - slept for 6.5 hours straight last night after hitting the seeds.  Got hit at 5:30 this morning but was easily aborted in five minutes of 02

Bad/expected news - just finished getting slammed with a full on kip 10 that didn't respond to anything and had to dance.  Hopefully it was the goodbye sucker punch. :-/

Birdman,

I know how desperate you must feel, doing everything the right way and still get hit every 1,5 to 2 hours. It's the same over here.

We believe that the beast is fighting his ars off to win this war.

Hang in there, like we do, keep in mind that nothing else really works for long PF time, all "regular" medication is just for aborting that particular cluster, not to prevent them from ever returning again.

We know it's hard right now and even though we're also new here and don't have the experience that many others here do have, we still believe this will work. Yes, maybe it takes some time to get to the PF period but what is a couple of weeks if the result is PF time for months!

Best of luck, hope it gets better soon

Elly

No need to thank us Tim, we are all here for the same thing, to finally get some relief.

I especially appreciate all the support we get from every one here and we all know how much anyone here on the forum suffers. Besides that, it's also a big relief to just type in "KIP 8" without explaining what it means. Everybody on this forum knows exactly what you mean by that!

We are all here to support each other and hope we can learn from experiences others have. Just to read that someone else is experiencing the same as you/I/we do is often comforting.

Hope you get some sleep tonight, you will win this war too, just like we will. CH's are the strongest people on earth!

:(Birdman,

Remember when you and I were going through this together 2 yrs back and how bad the slapbacks were after dosing? It WILL get better, I know you and I know how tough you are and you will beat this back. Hang tough, dose every 5 days (I do 70 at a time). I use an old fashioned pepper mill and before that a mortar and pestle, I drain off the sludge, I add some lemon juice and I drink it at room temperature. If you need to talk just PM me and I will shoot you my number again. Once we are both done with this again we will meet at Citi Field and have a beer. PFDAN wishes.

David   :(

Thanks David, real bad night=real bad thoughts.  Anxiety at all time high.  Tried some baking soda in water last night and threw it all up.  Now stomach is in knots and can't eat.  I need a break and maybe pred/trex for a few days to get my head back on.  We will see

Tim,

I can imagine you need that break, you must be very exhausted. Is the oxygen not working anymore? Bad thoughts are an alarm signal to me, please try to remember you were in a two year remission, those days will come again!

If you are going to use pred/trex, keep in mind that it only aborts that particular cluster, when you have your energy back, please try the seeds/shrooms again.

It's your decision to make off course, you know what works best for you.

Hope you'll get your break and soon feel strong enough again to fight this beast!

Elly

birdman,

Those are some powerful slapbacks going on! >:( Hopefully today is less intense for you. Sounds like you got a good nights sleep and then were hit all/most of the next day. I don't think that is terribly unusual. Very painful though. :'(

For consideration: Yesterday we on the east coast had a front move through. It started here night before last and would either hit your area at the same time or a bit later. While I am not in cycle, I had a mild hit yesterday and a rough tough O2 and coffee hit at 9 this morning! >:( Personally, I blame the change in barometric pressure. This may have caused some of the hits you experienced or intensified them. :-/

As for the caffeine: If you are getting headaches from too much of it (some say it can happen), peppermint tea is supposed to relieve it. From my reading 'too much' is usually more than 4 cups per day. However, as a vaso-constricter, caffiene is often added to medications for headache. So, it seems to be a matter of how much caffeine you took in. :-/

I hope you are much better today. :-*

spiny

So I gave in at 8:30 this morning and used zomig nasal spray.  Also, took an ativan to try and calm down.  Took a great nap on a couch at work and have been pain free all day since then.  Go figure, no rebound hit from the triptan.  Limited my caffeine intake and just took my elevated D3 regimen.  Fingers, toes and everything else is crossed as I was in a bad place there for a day.  Thanks for support and will keep posted.

Tim

After zomig yesterday morning, stayed pain free all day. Feel asleep last night thinking maybe it was going to be a solid sleep. Four hits through the night and caved at 3:30 with the zomig. That's the weird part...pain free again since that spray. Seems like sleep is the problem right now. Never in the past did I get such a long break from zomig. Might try waking myself tonight after 1.5 hours of sleep. Helped break my sons night terrors, maybe I will get lucky.

The hit beat the alarm by 45 minutes.  Danced for a bit and used the zomig, slept all night again and nothing till some shadows at 4:00 today.  Could be the d3 regimen is giving me longer breaks?????  Either way, I needed that 8 hours of sleep for a dose of sanity.  Hopefully, between 3 doses (2 vitamin m and 1 seeds) and the D3 regimen there is an end in sight.  Will keep you posted

Hey Birdman,

This is really as bad cycle for you this time but you need to keep your eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel. I am so sorry that you seem to be resisting treatment.  When I was in my worst cycle about 6 years or so back, I ordered HBRW seeds. They made me really sick and I had an awful night, but the cycle stopped dead in its tracks after 16 weeks. Maybe trying something different may work for you since it seems that things are getting shaken up. I have been where you are and thought it would never end. Things will settle down soon. Hopefully your need for the drugs will lessen and you can get back to busting because I always found that they lengthened my cycle and made it erratic.  But for now, do you what you have to so you can get through this. In the spring, I want to meet with you and David at Citifield and celebrate your success and David Wright's contract  :) Hang in there and be strong.

Thanks all!!  I hope the D3 regimen extends my pain free times enough that I get to stop using the zomig.  I agree that the triptans only lengthen a cycle and cause rebound hits.  Would love to meet a second CHer as it is awesome to speak with folks who get it.  As my wife has walked this struggle with me for years I know she has some great understanding, but talking with actual suffers makes me feel a little more normal.

Well, a pain free weekend day is a great thing. My anxiety level remains high as this is all I can think of. Constantly waiting for the next hit. Last zomig was at 5:00am so I am at 16 hours pain free. Actually worked outside today in the yard. Big step. Lets see what tonight brings.