Here I go again!!!

birdman

Ya know, b'man, just sayin' here . . .  You might also be responding positively to your three busts.  The worst slapbacks are usually after the first two busts and maybe a little after the third one, and that's kinda exactly the timing of your recent break.  I see davidj saying that your slapbacks have been rough in the past . . . maybe this is a similar pattern?   Not sayin' it's not the zomig . . . just maybe something to consider?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks, still no Internet at work. Got absolutely slammed today. Full on kip10 this morning and at 2:30 today as I was waiting to meet prospective new client. Used first full tree injection(hate that I did) and zomig in the afternoon. Anxiety at breaking point level. Adding Ativan to try and keep me sane and safe.  Guessing I need to detox and bust again. Not sure i can handle the detox.

Not sure i can handle the detox. 

Tim,

I understand your fear of handling the detox, we've been there too. And it's hard, very hard. But after Jan's 3th bust there were no slap backs at all! I can't tell if you will be that lucky too but it's worth a try, what have you got to lose?

Busting is no instant cure, it's hard work and keeping faith is very difficult when you get hit over and over again, wondering when it will finally stop!

Jan is PF now for almost 3 days! Sure he had some hits in those three days but they were so mild, he aborted them all in less then 10 minutes!

About 1,5 week ago we thought it would never stop, that he was one of those unfortunate ones where shrooms just didn't work for.

Luckily we hung in there and though it was a rough and hard time, we're so glad we didn't give up on busting!

Keep fighting, take a week off from work if necessary and focus on detoxing. Keep faith, like we did.

Jan is so much better now, he's going to bust again tonight, just to be sure.

You can fight this and win!!! Don't give up!

Wishing you a very soon relief and lots of courage and strength!

Hang in there buddy.

Elly

>>I know what the normal protocol is but no way I'm making 5 days<<

On another part of the board, I asked whether there's any health risk to busting while taking triptans.  Asked that because I was wondering about your situation.  Not a lot by way of answers there (http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1354591591/2#2), so I can't say affirmatively that if you busted while still using the zomig (and/or the trex), it would be completely safe -- maybe no one can say that.   But my advice (given what you have said about not being able to make it the full five days), which is just my thinking, would be that if busting in proximity to triptans is safe, to stay off the zomig and trex as long as you can and then give busting a try, even if it is just a couple of days. 

My logic -- which might be faulty -- is mostly, why not?  We have seen some people have some success while taking other things that were thought to block busting, and if the worst that could happen is that the busting wouldn't work, you'd just be in the same situation you'd be in if you couldn't wait for five days and therefore you didn't bust at all.  I don't think that busting blocks the subsequent effectiveness of triptans, and I don't think using triptans after busting blocks the effectiveness of the busting.

Since I am absolutely just guessing, let me list the four guesses I have made, so that anybody can correct me:

Guess #1. Busting in proximity to taking triptans (let's say two days on either side) does not pose a serious health risk.

Guess #2. Busting with less than five days of detox from triptans might work, at least partially.

Guess #3. Taking triptans within a few days after busting will not block the effects of busting.

Guess #4.  Busting will not block the effectiveness of triptans taken a few days after busting.

If any of those guesses is wrong, then it would seem that you'd have to wait out the full five-day detox (which you already know is the recommended approach), or else just stick with the triptans/D3/O2 for this cycle and get on top of busting next cycle.

(I have to say that when you wrote that you had done yard work on Sunday, I thought "Uh oh."  You're not the first person here who has decided to do some yard work on a good day while still in cycle and then gotten hit hard the next day. I've been kind of hoping that today would be better for you.)

Tim,

I think CHf has a good point here.

The first time Jan Busted he just had an Imigran injection that morning. Maybe it blocked a little but there was some effect, for two days he had attacks, but they were milder and easily aborted with O2. The days following he got more attacks and used the Imigran a couple of times a day.

The second time he busted was not so good, he had major slap backs the next day for about 14 hours in a row. Had some injections for the worst ones.

The following Sunday was horrible, that was the day he took 9 shots of Imigran which led to an Imigran poisoning. After that he didn't use any medication at all anymore.

By then we also received the Optimask which was a huge improvement. All attacks he got that following days were aborted within 15 minuter or less!

By the time he took his 3th bust, he was 3 days free of any medication.

That 3th Bust has been a great success with lots of PF time which also helped waiting the full five days before the 4th bust which he took last night.

As for the questions CHF has a point in:

Guess #1. Busting in proximity to taking triptans (let's say two days on either side) does not pose a serious health risk. I agree, although I'm also not sure. For Jan it didn't had any consequenses

Guess #2. Busting with less than five days of detox from triptans might work, at least partially.Totally agree

Guess #3. Taking triptans within a few days after busting will not block the effects of busting.For Jan it had no negative influence on the busting, although he still got hit, it was much less then before and the hits were milder

Guess #4.  Busting will not block the effectiveness of triptans taken a few days after busting.Absolutely agree

Off course this is our experience and I can only share what I have observed.

I think CHf has a point in

if the worst that could happen is that the busting wouldn't work, you'd just be in the same situation you'd be in if you couldn't wait for five days and therefore you didn't bust at all.

Hope above helps a little to get you on track!

Wishing you a lot of courage and strenght!

Elly

Another day and no triptan. Actually feel pride. Hope to bust this weekend

Hope everything goes well and you have a very successful bust.

I remember the days of trying to ween myself off imitrex and how scared I was to not have my trex,  I felt like a crack addict needing a fix. 

I still carry my injector but avoid it at all costs and know that the trex road is not a road I want to go down again.

CH

Awesome B'man!!!!

caffeine and heat/ice 
Sounds familiar!

I agree on the weather. I think it messes up some really good people trying to get to a better place and lets us who are usually in that better place know that the beast still lurks! Hopefully it will move on through and you will know even better relief. :) From your post and previous posts, it appears that the hits were less than the norm you have been experiencing. I certainly hope so!!!

Pulling for you birdman. :)