Privacy, Danger and Paranoia

Bonkers

Hi,

I'm a newbie, not just to this forum but to forums and posting in general. My posts on this forum and on the sister site are some of my firsts. Both of these sites discuss the use of illegal drugs in the treatment of cluster headaches. I'm guessing that they are both being pretty closely monitored by law enforcement agencies looking for illegal activities. Would someone please tell me how private both open posts and private messages are? There are many questions I'm hesitant to ask, particularly of individuals, due to my fear of getting either myself or someone else in trouble. I'm probably not the only newbie on this or the other site with these same fears and questions. Thanks ahead of time for easing my paranoia.

Bonkers

Bonkers:

First, let me say I understand your concerns and I appreciate you putting up your post.  Thank you.

I'll try and answer your questions, hopefully others with more net-knowledge than I will jump in also.

We do everything possible to protect everyone on this board, as I'm sure all boards do.  However, the internet is a wide open frontier and to be honest, nothing is absolutely safe.

There once was a private board where things were discussed in detail, but the limited access prevented many of those with CH from obtaining the information they sought.  On ch.com there has always been some very open discussion over the years but it was spread throughout that site.  By moving to this board, it is our hope to have all the information and discussion available in one place.

We set this board up so non-registered people could not access the "Share Your Busting Stories" section, it is only available to registered members. 

That is not going to stop a determined person from getting in, I don't know of any way to do that.  Is there anything on the net that is truly safe? 

Many of us have put up posts with a lot of "delicate information" within the post.  Many more have come out publicly in newspapers, radio and TV with their stories.  I've not heard of anyone being pursed by law enforcement, or any other repercussions following their posts.

Open posts are visible as is the information contained with your profile, the information you put there.  You can hide your email and such.  You can change that information in your profile as you see fit.  If you need help with that, let me know.

Private messages can not be seen by anyone and once you delete them they are gone.  Poof.  :-)

Bottom line, post only what your are comfortable with, on this site or any site.   

(don't even get me started on FaceBook and such sites!)

If you chose not to post, that is your decision to make and we all support you in your choices.

I hope that helps.

Admin.

Thanks FunGuy. What it sounds like you're telling me is that anyone can see open posts, including "Busting Stories" if they are determined. Not true for PM's. I can feel comfortable saying or asking pretty much anything (as long as I'm polite and inoffensive) on the PM's. Have I got that right?

Hello Bonkers,

Another way sensative things are discussed is FOFOF =a friend of a friend of a friend

or

I heard of a guy that,,,,

Any info given or story told or quetions asked in a third ,or

forth,or fith,,,party manner are only here say and thus,not

valid evidance.

That being said,I don't believe that law enforcemant prowling the web are really looking for the guys growing a box full in thier closet for personal,medicinal use.

They are more into the guys growing fields or basemants

full to be destributed.

Although I can't be inside the heads of anyone who is a member here, I'd practically guarantee you that there isn't a single member here that is looking to sell a damn thing to anyone, and if anyone came here looking to "do business" they would be shown the door toot-sweet.

I also agree with BillyJ, in that any law enforcement person that may cross here, will be far more interested in someone bent on trafficking rather than a worry about personal stories and medical usage. 

I trust the moderators here to keep a keen eye this.  And I trust them and the Researchers who are registered members to keep things real. 

Thank you to Dr. John Halpern and Dr. Andrew Sewell (sp) for their dedication to our plight. 

Modified to say:  Always......heartfelt thanks to Bob for keeping this "top of mind" as a means to cage the demon for us willing to venture down the path of risk for the greater gain.

i've been posting busting stories on the other site for a good while now. there are several members of law enforcement on that board and i consider them to be good personal friends. i feel perfectly comfortable posting my experiences. one thing to keep in mind is that this is a legitimate treatment of a very severe ailment. we're not here to sell drugs or condone illegal activity. we're just here to help each other out. besides that if they tracked me down i really don't know what they could charge me with.

Nothing is private on the internet and deleting a message does not make it gone.. Some things are harder to see though for the general public.

For the most part I dont think we need to worry much  in the discussion of the science and the treatments that truly have helped so many. As Redd says keeping it real

I was privy to a great example of internet sleuthing in a public school system a few weeks ago as they traced a message thought to originate far away on some pacific islands, around the world and back to one of 32 computers in a firewalled and protected high school computer lab at x time of day along with the logon user name who had deleted both his account, the cookies and the message in Minnesota.

Imagine what can be seen if someone really wants to see.

Bonkers, see my username?  It's my real name.  I'm here for INFORMATIONAL purposes.  Period.  There is no law anywhere in this nation or Canada that I'm aware of that prevents the publication and dissemination of information. 

All great discoveries come from someone doing something either unorthodox or illegal.  Imagine - who was the first dude that licked that toad???

I think it's safe to say we are of non interest.  Too many very very respectable medical researchers and practitioners are following the research and doing something about it with LEGAL blessings.  We work to push the good fight forward so there is a legal alternative for every sufferer.  If they wanna put me in jail for supporting that, then there are 100's of others going to be joining me.

JMO

Cat - who has nothing to hide

Hey Bonkers,

Dont mean to sound brave here but bring em on. I dont care who reads this, If "they" even had anything close to a kip 6 for less than 5 minutes "they" would be right here along side us.

Im not trying to get "high". I can walk to the local 7 eleven for that. Im just trying to put an end to me rolling around on the floor crying like a 10 year old in front of my kids.

And im sure these boards have gotten more than a little attention from "them", and have found that this is really nothing to worry about. "They" have much bigger fish to fry.

And for the record I have never done this (lol), and i dont know any of these people :-* (lol).

Coach Bill 8-)

No worries everyone,  there is no way law enforcement are going to bust anyone from posting on this site.  There are plenty of sites on the Internet dedicated to illegal drugs( Shroomery.org, growery.org, etc...) and they are posting pictures of huge grows and bragging about how much they grew,  they aren't getting busted so you have nothing to worry about posting here..

Don't bother using FOAF or SWIM that's lame and won't hold up in court. LOL

I use and grow Cubensis for medical use and if the cops want to get me good,  I will make sure it gets in the news and it will be advertising for CH.  I don't sell or do any illegal drugs,  I use medicinal mushrooms.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CH

Thanks. I feel like apologizing, but I won't; I should have known better. Like coach bill says: "They" have much bigger fish to fry." There're a lot of people, I bet, who are just like me and need reassurance from folks with more experience like yourselves, that they can post whatever information they like, as long as it doesn't jeopardize national security or slander/libel anyone. I don't think you can offer to sell or ask to buy anything that's illegal to possess either. As adults, I think we should also be polite and considerate. As sufferers and care-givers, I think we should take advantage of this site and waste as little of each others time by being as succinct as possible and offering help commensurate with help received. Now, I'm not following my own advise and am beginning to babble. It must be the hour.

Anyway, thanks you guys for helping this newbie. I'm sure there're others, besides me, that benefited from your experience.

BTW, CH-HELL, what do FOAF and SWIM mean?

• 2 months later...
No worries everyone,  there is no way law enforcement are going to bust anyone from posting on this site.  There are plenty of sites on the Internet dedicated to illegal drugs( Shroomery.org, growery.org, etc...) and they are posting pictures of huge grows and bragging about how much they grew,  they aren't getting busted so you have nothing to worry about posting here..

Don't bother using FOAF or SWIM that's lame and won't hold up in court. LOL

I use and grow Cubensis for medical use and if the cops want to get me good,  I will make sure it gets in the news and it will be advertising for CH.  I don't sell or do any illegal drugs,  I use medicinal mushrooms.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CH

You can count me in too!  I would then become a poster child for the CH plight with the local media as well!

The Internet works on the principle of occlusion.  You bury the 0.01% of useful information (needles) in huge quantities of useless information (haystacks).  There is so much information out there, and most of it nonsense that the whole thing in unenforceable.  The authorities wouldn't know where to start.  And if they did they certainly wouldn't bother with us.  The last thing the governments want os for stories like this to benefit from publicity.  So don't worry they'll leave us well alone rather than turn us into martyrs :)