Vibration technique

BeastBuster

Hey I have finally discovered something that really helps me when I am being hit with a cluster. It is pretty random but I wanted to share it with everyone in hope that it may help someone else out. Oxygen is sometimes hard for people to get their hands on, whether financial reasons or any other reasons. For me I am getting on health insurance at the first of the year so I will finally have some. I can't wait to try it. But in the meantime this is what is bringing me much much relief. Before I would spend at least an hour in extreme pain with every cluster every day. That was depressing me and making it very hard for me and my wife. Now I will share with you guys what is tremendously helping me by cutting my cluster pain down and making them last only 20 minutes or so.

I always have extreme pain on my right side of my nose when I am being hit with a cluster. So I bought a bullet vibrator for cheap, and as soon as i start getting hit I open a monster energy drink and immediately put the vibrator on full force and place it on the right side of my nose. By holding it there and also putting it on my right temple or back of my head, words cannot state how much this has helped. It may not work for anyone else but this has made me be able to reduce my cluster period, especially at night when i am woken up in full force of a cluster. I automatically grab a monster, turn the tv on and sit in my lazy boy with the vibrator on my face. Sorry for ranting about this but it has proven to be the most effective treatment for while i am in a cluster. I am also on the d3 regimen which i believe has reduced the severity of my clusters and i have been busting on seeds, and this past weekend was my first bust on vit m. I am tapering off zoloft to see if i get better results with busting. I truly hope this vibrator technique helps at least one other sufferer out.

Well I am stoked to hear some positive feedback. It all started when a lady told me she uses an electric toothbrush that she put an eraser head on. She said the vibrations on her sinus really helped. So i stared with an electric toothbrush which i used for almost 2 years but it would run out of juice after 10 minutes and it was not powerful enough. But the vibrator does wonders. 

I am thinking of trying the licorice root and skullcap once I have been off of ssri's for a while. Anyone have any positive or negative feedback on that method?

Well I am stoked to hear some positive feedback. It all started when a lady told me she uses an electric toothbrush that she put an eraser head on. She said the vibrations on her sinus really helped. So i stared with an electric toothbrush which i used for almost 2 years but it would run out of juice after 10 minutes and it was not powerful enough. But the vibrator does wonders. 

I am thinking of trying the [highlight]licorice root and skullcap[/highlight] once I have been off of ssri's for a while. Anyone have any positive or negative feedback on that method?

Bullshit.

Potter

I like the vibrator idea. Years ago I used a professional model hand held massage machine.

It had springs that wrapped around the palm of my hand to hold it in place and sat on the back of my hand like a power pack. I got it from my chiropractor. I remember it helping a little.

I think you will find the 02 much more help though. At least I hope it works for you.

Skullcap on the other hand....

It is supposed to be used WITH any of the psychedelic treatments. Not as a treatment by itself.

It does help with the anxiety that sometimes hits people when using the psychedelics.

Some people say it works wonders in making the dose much more relaxing.

For anyone looking for a natural form of valium......try skullcap tea.

Helps some people relax, others use it as a sleep aide.

Bob

I am thinking of trying the licorice root and skullcap once I have been off of ssri's for a while. Anyone have any positive or negative feedback on that method?

You'll find some of what you asked for--positive and negative--in this "poll" thread: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296960364/3

Quite a few people report positive experiences (and non-positive ones) in this long thread: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1293084254/0

Back before oxygen I got very adept at finding distraction methods to give precious seconds of relief... I like this one.

I have found some points in my skull where with pressure I can block a blood vessel (feel it throbbing under my finger), gives good relief for about 10-15 seconds, but if held too long makes things worse. The trick is to move around to different points... but again just buys time till I can get to oxygen.