Why I'm so into Santa

rufftime

That's a heckuva news story - I'd never heard any of that before about why Christmas presents are red and white under a snow flocked tree, why red and white dressed Santa comes down the chimney, and why he has flying reindeer.[smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

http://news.yahoo.com/magic-mushrooms-may-explain-santa-flying-reindeer-210334389.html

ruff,

Hey, I know a funny-dressed guy who used to drop into locals homes with a bag full of hallucinatory mushrooms as presents .......... :D

Oh wait, that was in July.

Just kidding.  Great story.  I like the explanation about presents under the tree.

Thanks for sharing!

weatherman

Dear Family,

Looking back on the year debilitating pain. I think of the early gift I received for Christmas in September, meeting most of you at the Conference. Sharing comforts (some Southern) & concern for another's well being. Never feeling after, like I"m all alone. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You all, especially Thank You Jesus for hearing my prayers.

Never in my mind this time last year would I've been able to accomplish the Huge task under taken this Season. The fear of turning into Mr Hyde ran through my thoughts as I was interviewed & Photographed for the media. I Love you at hand for Helping me with that prevention. The sword learned to slay the beast bestowed the BEST feeling I've enjoyed,  being chronic close to twenty years.

Wishes for the coming year-

Dear Heavenly Father,

A CLUSTER HEADACHE PRAYER

DEAR GOD,  PLEASE GIVE US

THE STRENGTH TO ENDURE

AND THE KNOWLEDGE TO DEFEAT

THIS DEMON IN OUR LIFE...

This Prayer was drafted by Cluster Brother who has been going through so much this season with rebounds. Please keep him in your thoughts as you recite the Prayer.

In closing I wish the MOST pain free days and years ahead for all of You.

May it be the Merriest Merry Christmas for All...

Blessings,

Now Dasher, Now Dancer, Now Prancer & Vixen on Comet On Cupid On Donder and Blitzen to the top of the porch to the top of the wall, Now dash away, Dash Away ALL!!!!!....

HoHOHo!!!!!!

I love this story!  ;D

The symbiotic relationship of tree to fly agaric is a "mycorrhizal association". 

Among the poisonous fungi is the fly agaric (Amanita muscaria), which forms mycorrhizal partnerships with birch. This is the familiar toadstool of storybooks, with its vivid red cap and white spots. Although potentially lethal, it is also known for its psychoactive properties and these were apparently utilised by European witches and Siberian shamans.http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/forest/ecological/mycorrhizas.html and http://mycorrhizas.info/ecm.html

I don't think I've been on here since attending the conference in Vegas :-[.  Still PF :), although my maintenance busting has gone from once every 3 months, to about once a month.  It was an incredible experience!  And I can't wait for Headache on the Hill this year!   

Be well, friends!  Merry Christmas!