Fell asleep while dosing

clankfu

First time this has ever happened to me.  I usually make a tea with Vitamin M but this time I wanted to just try eating the dose with nothing added.  I laid down on the couch with the lights on to watch some TV and I think about a half an hour in, I fell asleep.  Opened my eyes about an hour later all discombobulated and it felt like I woke up in a video game world. Pretty interesting experience to say the least.

Hi clankfu,

I do this a lot, and now generally dose before bedtime so I can sleep. I just try and embrace it.

I do find, though, that when I close my eyes and am in that world between awake and asleep, that I see the most amazing colours. Very much like a kaleidoscope with 1000's of facets.

If I watch anything, I make sure I only watch a show or movie I've seen before, so no surprises and I don't have to think about it much, and I always go for something light hearted and funny.

Don't think I could ever do this recreationally though. Am going to bust tonight, and even though I've found the right dose for me that doesn't cause much trip, I never look forward to it.

MG

Am going to bust tonight, and even though I've found the right dose for me that doesn't cause much trip, I never look forward to it. 

Hi Moxiegirl,

Can you tell me what dose you use?  I am struggling with this as I need to dose practically every single week which is getting pretty old but much better than the alternative, migraines several times a week. 

I have tried everything from 1.2 or 1.3 all the way down to 0.5 g in an attempt to use the lowest amount possible to relieve my HAs.  I really don't enjoy "tripping," especially every single week and want to achieve good pain relief without having to do that.  I find when I take enough to feel the effects, it's pretty much a 5-6 hour event and I cannot do much else productive. 

Thanks,

Hi all

Took the m-vits 8grams fresh first time two weeks ago, but did not read enough, and it had no effect that I could feel. Took it again Thursday, .9grams dry with the tea, and what an amazing experience I had, only when I closed my eyes! It was the most wonderful colors and forms in 3d I ever saw in my life! Was woken after 1hrs sleep, like normal, but this time, with a terrible nightmare!! And 5min later I had the CH, drank coffee and O2 and then sleep was gone, afraid of the nightmare returning!

Yesterday I had the most PF day ever! Today I felt "it" happening, hot flash and heavy breathing, but no pain!!!

Just telling you as a new user of m-vits!

Pain-free days to all

h

Am going to bust tonight, and even though I've found the right dose for me that doesn't cause much trip, I never look forward to it. 

Hi Moxiegirl,

Can you tell me what dose you use?  I am struggling with this as I need to dose practically every single week which is getting pretty old but much better than the alternative, migraines several times a week. 

I have tried everything from 1.2 or 1.3 all the way down to 0.5 g in an attempt to use the lowest amount possible to relieve my HAs.  I really don't enjoy "tripping," especially every single week and want to achieve good pain relief without having to do that.  I find when I take enough to feel the effects, it's pretty much a 5-6 hour event and I cannot do much else productive. 

Thanks, 

Hi HeadacheRelief,

A little back story (will try to keep it brief).

I have daily chronic headaches, usually have a headache 5 days out of 7, migraines, and clusters.

Busting has virtually stopped my migraines (had 43 the year previous to busting, and have had only 3 in the year since busting). January and February are normally hellish months for me where headaches, migraines and clusters are concerned, but so far this year things have been really good. Only 2 clusters and no migraines.

Busting has not altered my daily headaches at all, for the better or worse. Just doesn't touch them. But has been fantastic for the migraines and clusters.

I grow my own mushrooms (Ecuador strain as I find it doesn't make me itch for 20 minutes after I take it - allergic reaction to other strains I expect).

I started out with 1.1 grams over a year ago, and slowly worked my way up to 1.8 grams. I found the 1.6 - 1.8 range generated some rather intense trips. Nothing like a recreational dose (that I understand to be nearer 3 grams), but still, was more intense than I enjoyed. So I have pulled my dose back to 1.2 grams, and have made up a dozen or so packets all ready to dose with.

But even at 1.2 grams, like you, it shuts me down for 4-6 hours. I get some nice visuals when I close my eyes, and have just learned to enjoy them. I get a bit light headed, and a slightly upset stomach. I find it helps to avoid food 2 hours before, and after, busting.

With seeds, I would generally just crash and have a really good nights sleep. I'm finding with this strain of mushrooms, I get really sleepy an hour or so after dosing, but then only sleep for a half hour or so. Then I'm awake and restless, my body temperature goes up, and/or sometimes down, and I just can't settle.

But this all wears off, and I eventually sleep quite well. But yes, expect to be completely non-productive for 4-6 hours.

I haven't tried any dosage below 1.1 grams. My clusters have been REALLY bad for well over a year now, so am trying to hit them as hard as I can for a few months. Might one day experiment with lower doses.

Hope that helps in some way.

MG

1.5 grms of fresh works well for me when I can get them.Some awesome surrealism and good laughs and good relief.   As far as unproductive time goes I cant think of anything more productive then freeing yourself from this nonsense. Unfortunatly I lost touch with the person who was helping me so gonna try to grow them myself. Any pointers or starting point would be greatly appreciated. PFDAN to all 8-)

1.5 grms of fresh works well for me when I can get them.Some awesome surrealism and good laughs and good relief.   As far as unproductive time goes I cant think of anything more productive then freeing yourself from this nonsense. Unfortunatly I lost touch with the person who was helping me so gonna try to grow them myself. Any pointers or starting point would be greatly appreciated. PFDAN to all 8-) 

To add, I was so very fed up of taking pills every day, twice a day, three times a day.... Was getting SO sick of pills. OK, so busting takes out a few hours of my day. Once a week or so, and then no pills. A trade off I like.