No Improvement

MoxieGirl

Hi guys,

So far this year I have busted 5 times, a week apart. I'm busting with 1.2 grams of dried mushroom.

I've not seen any improvement, and have had 19 attacks in those 5 weeks. Am getting attacked at the same rate as last year.

Am thinking maybe I need to up my dose to 1.5 grams. My goal this year is to bust weekly for a few months in hopes of breaking my 6 year chronic cycle. But so far, it doesn't seem to be having an impact.

Any ideas?

MG

Spoke with a fellow CH'er yesterday (Blueballs) about same subject. You may have to mix it up. Vit M/ seeds as he was saying we all are different, but similar when getting used to meds.

Been trying to do the same(chronic for 18yrs) to try fool the beast. Even after day or so after treatment I will feel a pressure change, but very mild & 3-4 min. on oxygen will to take it out, compared to taken out a oxy tank-closer to hour or so.

You mentioned about 19 in 5, for Chronic that is a heck of an improvement. Less than 4wk compared to 3-7"day" for severe Chronic. To me this frecken thing is like a cockroach hard to kill.

Many Many Pain Free days...

Blessings,

Hi MG, I think your idea of at least upping the dose sounds worth trying. I do think of 1.2g as being a little on the lower side dosage-wise.

Mixing it up does appear to have brought results on occasion for some others - I know you've tried RC aplenty, so yeah that mostly leaves paper I guess. Well unless you have some peyote growing in there in your english garden, or if there's a surprise announcement this week that BOL-148 is now available over the counter with special introductory coupons.  :D

Dan has mentioned that facet (as opposed to regular old occipital) nerve block injections have been providing him relief from chronic-ville for a couple weeks at a time....

And heck for all I know, Potter's classically succinct reply could have it's merits for a very daring and extremely motivated pyschonaut/buster...?  :o

a tracer?

I had gradually taken myself up to 1.9 grams last year, but that was getting quite trippy for me, so I dialed it back down to a level I felt more comfortable with.

But, I am no longer living on my own, so feel safer if I trip at a higher level. My house-mate is my best friend in the world and is VERY supportive. So I am going to try a higher dose again. Maybe will combine 2 of my 1.2g pouches tonight.

I have, for about a year now, been trying to have an out of the body experience. Have tried a lot without taking shrooms, but have also been trying it when I dose. So maybe a higher dose will help with that little experiment too.

MG

I bet a higher dose would be helpful, but I bet a week (or 2) off would be even better.  For me the most beneficial seems to be busting once a week for 3 weeks, then take a week off.  Tolerance to the shrooms build up pretty quick.  When I was busting once a week continuously they stopped being very effective, even when I was taking sky high doses.  I would get relief while on the shrooms, but that was about it.

-Ricardo   

Well Ricardo, as it works out, I'm not having much of a choice but to take 3 weeks off. Timing just didn't work out this weekend that I was able to bust. My daughter is down next weekend, so can't bust then. So is going to be 2-1/2 to 3 weeks between busts, so will see if that helps.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Moxie

I have tried the D3, and was talking to Batch?? about it quite a bit about 2 years ago. The problem was, I was also on a high dose of Topiramate at the time, and the combination of vitamin D3 and T turned my wee into fire. Well, felt like I was peeing a stream of fire anyway.

When I came off the T, I was so glad to not be taking pills everyday I wasn't inclined to try it again. I travel A LOT, and is just one more thing to try and pack every week. Poor excuse I know, and am sure if I got organised it wouldn't be a problem.

My other excuse is that I hate fish. Taking Omega 3 gave me fish flavoured burbs. Ick beyond words.

That said, the short time I tried it, there was some indication of it working.

I suppose, if I could reduce the number of pills taken so I don't have to pack another bag JUST for pills, and could find a solution to the fish-burps, it would be wotrth another go.

...a solution to the fish-burps....

I find that getting my Omega 3's from flax oil doesn't bring any burping issues. What this means though is that I'm not buying into the assertions I've seen from the very vocal (and sometimes hysterical IMO) Dr. Mercola that animal source Omega 3's are the way to go.

As loathe as I am as a vegetarian about advising anyone regarding chowing down on animules, there is this claim from Dr. Mercola about Krill oil and fishy burps avoidance:

"...it is now best to obtain the important omega-3 fats with DHA and EPA fatty acids from a high quality krill oil. In addition to being very high in omega-3, krill also contains almost 50 times more antioxidants than fish oil, which prevents the highly perishable omega-3 fats from oxidizing before you are able to integrate them into your cellular tissue.

Additionally, the omega-3 in krill is attached to phospholipids that increase its absorption. This means you need less of it, and it will not cause belching or burping like many fish oil products."

All I can relate is my own experience: I've found a fish oil capsule that states right on the label "No fish burps." I've taken the D3 regimen, and all of it fits in one double-sided pill caddy, similar to these (along with the prescription meds I take):

Pill_Box___Weekly_Pill_Dispenser_7056.jpg

No need to take all your pill bottles with you everywhere you go. Takes 5 minutes to sort an entire week's worth.

Following is a list of my daily regimen. Just had my 25(OH)D level checked last week, and I'm at 70 ng/mL.

It's a somewhat flexible regimen - and should be based on one's 25(OH)D serum test results. Here's what I'm currently taking each day:

Pain free since April of last year.

Like Potter and Jeff said - go for a mental drive. The first bust for me was like you - now when I go to bust I say screw it and eat at a minimum 2.5 grams to 3.0 grams. I want to make sure I kill it. I just dont like the hangover affect the next day - but I would rather have that then clusters.

Like Potter put it eat enough till you see god. Or at least kaleidoscopes on your bedroom walls and you keep playing the same song over and over again lol....

MG -

Seriously do double your dose. I think that maybe what you have had in the past your body has gotten used to it not really building up a tolerance but just busting as many times as you are. I also think it could depend on your shrooms and the quality of them. It is so hard to tell how potent one batch will be over another. For instance I have noticed if I bust with B++ I have to use a much heavier dose than I do with golden teachers. I dont think the strain has much to do with it but I think the amount of Pcslio in them would measure differently.

I also think it matters how they are grown has alot to do with potency i grew B++ and i didnt much care for them 2.5 dried grams hardly did anything but golden teachers grown the same way on the same dose was wow. When I go for strain now I tend to grow some of the more potent strains out there. PE is one of them and Golden teachers are another. Also I think the genetics of the spores you are using make a difference too. If you take prints - I think by the time you get to the 4 th generation maybe it wont be as potent? Some say tho that a cube is a cube. I strongly think that your diet for the day and hydration for the day makes a difference.