Episodics, how do your cycles end?

shahooty

Just wondering if any of you episodic sufferers, like myself, have noticed any patterns when your cluster series comes to an end? In the past they've always sort of petered out for me.

But during my last cycle, they built to a crescendo and then I had a really bad one, that seemed to last all day. Then as the headache finally left I felt drained and had a good nights sleep and they were gone. But this was the exception for me not the rule.

Shahooty

During 2010 my clusters followed a pretty distinct pattern. Don't think I could be classed at episodic at that point, but I knew after I had a really bad one, I'd have a 1-3 weeks cluster free until they started again.

This is the closest I've ever been to episodic.

2010pattern_zps6689b14b.jpg

The same way they begin. I start with shadows that become more and more frequent, then 1 to 3 attacks per day, at kip 6 or 7, and I'll work up to 6-8 attacks per day that are extremely painful. Then, they'll gradually get better pain wise, and I'll get fewer per day, ending with just the shadows.

All my cycle were like this, except the two cycles I had after childbirth (2007 & 2009). They were hell, starting full blast hours after the birth of my kids, and lasting longer than usual (though that might have been because of lack of sleep!  ;) )

Just wondering if any of you episodic sufferers, like myself, have noticed any patterns when your cluster series comes to an end? In the past they've always sort of petered out for me.

Mine peter out also, but they start acting differently too. Like a spinning top that becomes erratic as it slows done, my headaches become erratic as I come to the end of a cluster. That is they might come at an odd time. If normally I'd get three headaches at night, and then I get one in the daytime, it could be signaling the end of a cluster.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The same way they begin. I start with shadows that become more and more frequent, then 1 to 3 attacks per day, at kip 6 or 7, and I'll work up to 6-8 attacks per day that are extremely painful. Then, they'll gradually get better pain wise, and I'll get fewer per day, ending with just the shadows.

All my cycle were like this, except the two cycles I had after childbirth (2007 & 2009). They were hell, starting full blast hours after the birth of my kids, and lasting longer than usual (though that might have been because of lack of sleep!  ;) )

the fact that yours started after childbirth really wants me to continue down the hormone path

most of the time they just peter out but i can think of two cycles that ended with a real banger then nothing ....yet sometimes i get a really bad "regular" headache but can sleep through the night and wake up pain free but when i can bust them they just go away. strange goings on i tell you. :D ;D