RIP Barry T Coles

Guiseppi

I copied this from CH.com, I'm sure a lot of you knew Barry.

I, Ben, was today asked by a member here to contribute an Obituary for a man who helped many people

- Barry T Coles.

I will attempt to do my best.

Barry recently lost his battle with lung cancer, but I am sure he would rather be remembered by what he did for people while he was alive. Barry helped in a lot of places that I have found online, not just us CHers.

When it was all many could do to stop themselves from sticking their head through a wall, Barry was there with a joke; as quick as.

He pulled put some cracker one liners, spoken like only a true CHer can.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Barry's sense of humour saved my life by pulling me out of a big hole on one occasion in particular; out of sheer desperation and curiosity, we discovered we had both measured the voltage across our teeth and fillings with voltmeters, just looking to find answers to CH.

Mine was DC current, his was AC.

Much head scratching ensued about the batteries in our heads and we shared a few insider's engineering jokes, some at the expense of his Dentist's Porsche, which Barry said he had significantly helped to pay for.

Barry made me laugh, no matter how bad the pain was.

That is life saving kind of humour, that you don't often find in people, let alone a CHer.

Barry tirelessly educated us on O2, with his mantra - "I'm an O2 pusher" on the Aussie CH site.

Never an unkind word from Barry was spoken.

This morning, the O2 treatment page was renamed the BTC O2 treatment page with a footnote, in honour of Barry's contributions to all of us.

Barry will be sadly missed by all at the Aussie CH site.

We lost one of the best and funniest moderators the site was privileged enough to ever have had.

His last post, to a member said "Thanks Kim, needed a laugh"

I could do with one of Barry's laughs right now, I know that much.

An official obituary notice can be found at the newspaper, The West Australian.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Barry.

This is a link to the obituary and guest book

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/thewest-au/guestbook.aspx?n=barry-coles&pid=163...

Joe