Where do you shoot up?

b.g.

Just a fun type question with no real good answer.

Personally, I shoot my Imitrex in the top of my right thigh.  When I was finally diagnosed, Dr. Tepper pulled out a kit and had me "practice" injecting myself.  There was no needle or trex in the kit .... it was just so I got familiar with it.  I just happened to choose my right thigh and I guess that's why I have always shot there.

Just out of curiosity, where do you shoot and why?

Abdomen, just to the side of the navel. After seeing it recommended by several CH'ers I tried it and I too find it to be preferable to arm or thigh. For one thing I find it hurts less.

Not to get all semantic on ya b.g. - I know you're just using a casual figure of speech (something I tend to do at least once in almost every post), but just so nobody gets the wrong idea, "shooting up" ordinarily refers to mainline injecting a drug right into a vein (doesn't it?) and of course that's something that should never be done with trex, which should only be injected subcutaneously.

Also I figure you don't use the auto injector anymore b.g., you use the conventional syringe in order to be able to inject partial doses and conserve supply / lessen side effect risk..?

Abdomen, just to the side of the navel. After seeing it recommended by several CH'ers I tried it and I too found it to be preferable to arm or thigh. For one thing I find it hurts less.

Not to get all semantic on ya b.g. - I know you're just using a casual figure of speech (something I tend to do at least once in almost every post), but just so nobody gets the wrong idea, "shooting up" ordinarily refers to mainline injecting a drug right into a vein, and that's something you'd never want to do with trex, which should only be injected subcutaneously.

Also I figure you don't use the auto injector anymore b.g., you use the conventional syringe in order to be able to inject partial doses and conserve supply / lessen side effect risk..?

yes and yes ... and good point.

I don't have to inject myself very often, and that is kinda why I asked this question.  yeah the thigh hurts .... not just instantly, but for a day or 2 afterwards as well.  When I was first prescribed Imitrex I ran out and completely filled my script, which was 6 kits of 2 shots each, and each shot is 6mg.  So yes, I have learned the rationing thing and it works well for me.  It seems i have seen pics of 2mg shots now?  Is this true?  Do they exist?  That sure would make life easier and a bit less painful.  I would kill for an autopen with 2mg in it. (there's another one of those figure of speech things :) )

GOOD TO SEE ya bejeeber .... I might try the belly next time.

I try to avoid the jugular.

LOL .... good idea :)

I have to inject a different drug (for a different condition) twice a week, and I follow a clockwise pattern around my gut, always 2-3 inches away from my belly button:

L - upper

L - middle

L - lower

R - lower

R - middle

R - upper

It's always 3 weeks before I'd have the chance to hit the exact same spot (which I'm sure rarely happens anyway).

You are gonna fit right in here BG >:(

Oh i have been around for a couple years .... I just haven't "been around".

And, if I didn't already know who you were (I still feel bad about that) I would think you were this guy  :)

He's cool, he's clean ... he's a love machine.  It's THE LADIES MAN!!  :)

I'll bring the Courvoisier.  Stay away from that Patron stuff :)

THE-LADIES-MAN_La.jpg