How Many Ya'll Are Chronic

Donnie S

well.....most of my big hits are in the middle of the night,couple times didnt seem to help at all,couple times it seemed to shut it down in about 15 mins. the seeds i ordered over a week ago not here yet but should be soon.

Thanks a bunch for askin,i appreciate it.

Thanks Steve ....and no mail today :-?

Never a problem.  And yeah that's a bummer on the seeds thing.  Customer service is such a shady thing nowadays :(

I ordered an iPad power cord off eBay on Monday LAST WEEK, and after 2 emails they just finally shipped it yesterday .... 9 days after I ordered and paid for it :(

Makes you wonder how these places stay in business with such poor service.

How many is reccomended?

You will get different opinions on this from everybody, but personally, I subscribe to the "go big or go home" theory.

There is a great thread here that you should read.  It goes over all the basics of preparation and storage and all the goodies:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290128974

But, my personal opinion is to skip the "easing your way into it" method .... especially if you have experienced mind altering substances in the past.

I would go with at least 30 and judge yourself from there.

Again, I'm not a doctor, and none of this is an exact science ....  I just don't like the idea of taking 10 or so with no real effect and then waiting 5-7 days before trying again.

But we are all different, and there is no "right" answer to your question.

Best regards, and best wishes.... I hope you get some relief,

steve

I'm absolutely with b.g. on the seed dosage thing and glad to see you're on the same wavelength Donnie.

Plus 30 seeds seeds isn't even going big in my book, it's more like going cautiously low-moderate. 40 is the lowest I've ever taken.

Personally I find 1.5g of mushrooms to be decidedly in the going big category, while 65 RC seeds before bed is still comparatively....nothing.

The only benefit I can think of with an ultra minuscule 10 seed sub therapeutic dose (which is still officially recommended in places - I'm not sure why) would be that someone who is out of cycle, or someone who doesn't mind getting hit with devastating CH attacks for 5 more days (who is that??!!), could dip the tip of their little toe in with it to see whether they have an adverse reaction. Not that I recall anyone ever reporting any sort of allergic type reaction.

Yes, yes, yes.  35-40 is almost certainly "safe" ("safe" in the sense that it's probably enough but won't cause any psychedelic effects).  I'd say that most people, after a tentative first dose, seem to be winding up at 60 as a nice level these days.

MoxieGirl's preparation guide is good, and detailed: http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1357378289  I would make three comments about it: (1) There has been debate here about whether an electric grinder (coffee grinder, for example) is okay to use. Some insist that it creates heat that harms the LSA; others dismiss that, since the pulse you need to grind them is so short.  I think MG's suggestions, of a mortar and pestle or hand-operated pepper grinder or spice grinder, are wisest.  (2) You don't need to add the lemon in order to extract the LSA, but some people think it helps with the taste.  (3) Some people drink the "slurry"; some don't.  I kinda figure why not?  It might have some nice LSA in it.  You can wash your does down with something other than water, if you want -- something more palate-cleansing, like juice.

Most people do their dose near bedtime, since a good night's sleep is often (not always, unfortunately) the first "side-effect" of a dose.

Hey Donnie -- Lots of folks here pulling for you, big-time.

I started with 60 which seemed about right according to what i have read about the desired effect. Did them about 7pm went to bed th 1am and got hit with a bad one at 330 am.dealt with that one went back to sleep woke with another about 4 hours later tho not as bad.steady shadows and pressure today stayed pretty close to the tank and energy drinks.I understand that reaction is not uncommon and should get better after a few busts? I hope :o

Ginger tea....interesting. I usually take prescription sleep meds which id like to get off of,gonna try melatonin instead.But even with the meds i cant handle the energy shots when the big one hits about 3am,without takin more sleep meds again......you get the picture. Anxiety meds as well most days.And to think i stopped takin about several prescribed prevenative and abortive meds just last week so i could try the busting.

I hopefully things will fall into place soon.....I still cant to in to see the neurologist til Oct. Not that i think thats do help much.Im sure the docs around here dont know as much about this insanity as most of us on here do.

The 02 is a blessing tho sure glad you guys set me straight on that real quick.

Glad about the O2, Donnie.

I hate to ask this, but do your anxiety meds include Prozac, Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Pristiq, Cymbalta,  Elevil, or Tofranil?  These are all considered to be likely to block busting. (The general categories for these are SSRIs and tricyclics.)

Well based on the reports of others here who have taken lorazepam right during a mushroom bust for anxiety and haven't seen it interfere with the effectiveness of their busting, it seems reasonable to me to hope there'll be no major issue there. :)

Hoping the slapback factor has died down for you Donnie :o, and glad to see the good people here have advised you well with the O2.  8-)

Are slapbacks generally severe or just several smaller hits? The night after my second busting attempt i woke with by far the worst cluster ive ever had or the worst pain ive ever thought was possible. I had decided to stay at my girlfriends that night and didnt even have my 02. Gotta get a smaller tank i can take with me cause this is like being under house arrest.

First trip to see a neurlogist yesterday....no surpsises there.He wanted to put me on verapamil til i showed him the info i had brought on the psychedelic solution.He read it,didnt scoff at it,but obviously couldnt advise me to either.Im pretty sure he didnt know much about cluster headaches.I did a little diggin before i went....he specializes in movement disorders and huntington disease.

In an effort to cut down on the dif meds im takin for this and that,and hopin to add something for depression, they prescribed xanax 1mg three times daily.

My third bust comin up on saturday,my god i hope something changes soon.Ive had several hits in the last year i rated as 8's and a couple 9's.....but that one couple nights ago takes this shit to a whole new level for me.Cant be sure cause i wasnt home but i cant imagine the 02 doin much for that baby :o

Donnie,

Generally (to the extent that "generally" applies to any of this), there's at least one very severe hit, in addition to a shift in the pattern of attacks.  And generally, things settle down after a third bust.  Really, really hoping it works that way for you.

I just looked at Nova Scotia weather, and it looks like maybe you've been having some pretty big swings in temperature and precipitation lately. (Since I don't know what Nova Scotia weather is usually like, I can't say that for sure.)  A lot of people here do find that their CH is very sensitive to changes in barometric pressure, so I'm wondering whether that might also have something to do with what you're experiencing.