Take the Jeebs-o-matic memory booster challenge!

Bejeeber

OK, I'm throwing down the gauntlet!

The currently very active thread regarding short term memory loss and how many of us experience it has me now ramping up my message about the potential benefits of phosphatidyl serine, and I'm officially challenging those with krap memories to try a bottle.

For a minute there I was thinking I should tread lightly, so as to avoid coming off as a vitamin salesman on commission, but heck that didn't stop Batch from doing a marketing blitz with vitamin D3.*  :D Come to think of it though, the first guy who tried to make a strong case for D3 at ch.com was tarred, feathered and run outa town on a rail.  :o

ANYHOO, here's what ya do:

1) Getcha one 120 pill bottle of Phosphatidyl Serine 100 mg

2) Take one pill 3x a day (one with each meal, makes it easy)

3) Upon finishing the bottle, assess whether you've been forgetting whether you've watered the plants etc. like you used to.

What it's done for me:

Over the years I have gone off and on the PS, and each time I go off, I'm back to a sad state where I routinely have to  feel the toothbrush to see if it's wet, so I can know whether I brushed my teeth! That sort of thing doesn't happen when I'm on the PS. I do still tend to exhibit some very public memory lapses on the forum here, my memory isn't GREAT, but it's significantly improved.

Here are a couple brands I know of that work, any vendor oughta do (I do like iHerb though):

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Phosphatidyl-Serine-100-mg-120-Vcaps/745

http://www.vitacost.com/jarrow-formulas-ps-100-phosphatidylserine-100-mg-120-capsules-1

image_26223_450_white.jpg

300.JPG

I haven't noticed any effect of PS on CH, so I'm assuming it's innocuous in that regard.

This isn't isn't the cheapest supplement out there, dammit, but considering how much memory capabilities can affect work performance, etc., I realized it was penny wise / pound foolish for me not to spring for it.

I think Dan should consider trying it toot sweet.  8-)

From Web MD:

"Phosphatidylserine is used for Alzheimer's disease, age-related decline in mental function, improving thinking skills in young people, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), depression, etc...."

"Phosphatidylserine is an important chemical with widespread functions in the body. It is part of the cell structure and is key in the maintenance of cellular function, especially in the brain."

*I'm no Batch, obviously - my font is much smaller, and he's all scientific researchy and junk, whereas I just heard of the already researched benefits of PS, tried it and found it worked for me. Also, Batch has developed an entire multi pronged regimen around D3 for CH, while this memory "regimen" involves just one pill down the hatch.

Howdee b.g., I haven't seen (or experienced) much o' nuthin' regarding interactions - all I've seen is this sort of hypothetical thing (from Web MD again):

"Phosphatidylserine might increase a chemical in the body called acetylcholine. This chemical is similar to some medications used for glaucoma, Alzheimer's disease, and other conditions. Taking phosphatidylserine with these medications might increase the chance of side effects."

Acetylcholine is a naturally occurring neuro transmitter BTW, and PS is a naturally occurring phospholipid that is vital to brain cells.

Well, since I am rather tired of sitting up in bed at 2am or so and yelling something like Tarragon! (forgotten in cooking) or Beth! (whose name I could not recall at 2pm) I too will hunt some down. :)

Jeebs, this won't reduce my psychic abilities will it?  ::) Sometimes I need that help! ;D

I feel Lee Ann's tooth brush in the morning ?...what the F is wrong with me. 

LOL ;D :D ;D

thank you very much for the post

You're welcome CHS. :)

Jeebs, this won't reduce my psychic abilities will it?

For all I know it might enhance them...I don't know if that'd be a good thing though!! ;D You might reach a point where you wouldn't ever have to actually go online to find out what's the latest with your headbanger crew here, you'd just always know. :D

• 3 weeks later...
there's been a noticable improvement in my memory since starting the phosphatidyl serine. 

I wonder if the phosphatidyl serine is particularly good for CH'ers with memory issues? Well I guess it could take a study to determine that, but we know it works for you and me Jeff, to which I emphatically state YEE-eee-EEHAW! 8-)

Will be very interested to see if we get some reports on whether it's working or not from from Dan, Spiny, b.g., et al.

am waiting for me results April 17. I post what they find, god,bad or nothing.

Well you got people here keeping fingers crossed and/or praying, depending on religious affiliation, that it'll be GOOD. My money is on good.  :) [smiley=thumbup.gif]

there's been a noticable improvement in my memory since starting the phosphatidyl serine. 

I wonder if the phosphatidyl serine is particularly good for CH'ers with memory issues? Well I guess it could take a study to determine that, but we know it works for you and me Jeff, to which I emphatically state YEE-eee-EEHAW! 8-)

Will be very interested to see if we get some reports on whether it's working or not from from Dan, Spiny, b.g., et al.

am waiting for me results April 17. I post what they find, god,bad or nothing.

Well you got people here keeping fingers crossed and/or praying, depending on religious affiliation, that it'll be GOOD. My money is on good.  :) [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Opps Typo, I meant Good,Bad or nothing.

I save my God for prayer...