Thankful Jar

MoxieGirl

Hi,

There is an idea I've heard about. Put a large glass jar in your kitchen with a small pad of paper next to it. Every time something good happens in your life, write it down and place  it in the jar. At the end of the year, read all the notes and remind yourself of how good of a year it's been.

I often say that life is what happens between cluster attacks. But there is more to it than that. Yes, I have a really bad, rare, painful condition that impacts my daily life. But yet, there are many things I am thankful for.

I was talking to my best friend the other day who's mother had trigeminal neuralgia. She hated how that very painful infliction turned her mum into a bad person. Made her grumpy and angry ALL the time. It severely impacted their relationship in a very bad way. She told me how grateful she is that even though I have clusters, it hasn't turned me into an evil bitch. I still laugh and love life despite the pain.

I'm grateful that my clusters aren't SO bad that I'm not able to work. In fact, I've been blessed with a good living.

I'm thankful that I have some truly awesome friends. Friends that I'd take a bullet for, or give a kidney to, and I know they'd do the same for me.

I'm grateful for my 2 wonderful children, and although I don't see them as often as I'd like, our relationships are getting better.

I'm grateful I'm no longer trapped in the wrong body. OK, yes, it was probably the cause of my clusters, but having clusters isn't nearly as bad as having the wrong body. It was a fair trade.

My list could go on, but I'd like to hear about the good things in your life. I don't know about you, but I find if I spend too much time reading about clusters, that in itself is a trigger for a cluster.

So let's fill a thread with some very positive vibes. It's not a glass jar in the kitchen, but we can still come back to it and read the positives when times are tough.

MG

HIYA MG!!

To begin, you come off as a wonderful person.  I have perused your website and seen your gift of creativity and goal orientation.  It is an inspiration.  Believe that.  I hope that we may meet someday.

Secondly, I don't have a "jar", but I do have this little bar between my living room and my kitchen.  In the corner I keep a pen and paper so that I (or anyone else) can write down their feelings....... or whatever strikes the mind.

I know I have used it more than a few times, and I recommend it to others as well.

IMG_0352_zpsc55600c6.jpg

Personally, I think I am in a little worse shape than you are, but I am sooooo very thankful for my daughter.  My love for her and her love for me truly keep me going.

I am thankful for all of you.  The people that just don't quit, when quitting would be the easy and acceptable way out of this mess.  I am thankful for my dog, who has become my best friend, champion, and savior over the past year.  I am thankful that I was imbedded with a little bit of fight instead of a little bit of laziness.