Any baseball fans out there??

b.g.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worlds first documented baseball game was in Beachville Ontario Canada. 15 min drive from my home. Town so small if you blink, you pass it.

Also Labatt Park is Canadas or if not North Americas oldest baseball field right here where i live.

I wish I could get out to more games.

Id love to see the Yankees play one day. On my bucket list

I just hate it. I'm a Twins fan, but the players I liked are spread all over the country.

So now, it's Twins, Tigers, Brewers,Giants and not necessarily in that order. And the Rangers, because of Joe Nathan, who is struggling.

What to do?  :-/

Tigers WIN!!

8-)

Yes, that means the Twins lost Cassidy :)

We (the tigers) are having amnesty day today.  You are more than welcome to become a true and die-hard Tigers fan with no foul implications today!

So come on over and join a real fan club!!  :)

(plus, you know we are winning the World Series this year)

I know Bob is a big Cubbies fan!!!  lol ;D

I have been a Tigers fan my entire life.  My father is a big baseball fan, and Tigers fan, so I was kinda born/raised into it.

BUT ....... I have the utmost respect for Cubs fans.  Truly.  The Cubs haven't won SQUAT in 105 years but yet they sell out every home game.  Amazing fans, amazing city, amazing program.

My DREAM is to see a Cubs/Tigers World Series.

And I know TONS of Tigers fans who feel the same.  There was a poll last season to pick "rival" teams in the opposite league as the MLB was looking to make some solid changes concerning inter-league play.  The Tigers fans voted almost unanimously that the Cubs should be our inter-league rival and we should play them every year.

I went to Wrigley field for the first time last summer to see the Tigers play 3 games there. (first time in forever that the Tigers played there).

WOW .... DOUBLE WOW .... I had goosebumps from the moment I walked in the stadium.  SUCH A WONDERFUL FEELING to be amongst so much history and so many great fans. 

I even plucked a couple pieces of the ivy off the wall, brought it home, and cloned it :)

b.g.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm going to keep pulling for the Twins. It is a family thing, my Dad and I watched so many games together. Besides, I have a Twins cap and shirt.

Did Prince really have ear muffs and a scarf on for yesterday's game? Ha!

I'd like to see Leyland get to the series.

Brewers game was great.

I like the history also. I was taken to a game in Sioux City, Ia. one night. There were rumors about a new player. Yep, it was Willie Mays. And so it goes.

I was taken to a game in Sioux City, Ia. one night. There were rumors about a new player. Yep, it was Willie Mays. And so it goes.

WOW!  Now that's a memory!  I'm a bit younger than you (you kinda aged yourself with the Mays thing :) ) but my memory that fits into the same category was from the old Tiger stadium in 1988.  We sat in the front row of the center field bleachers and at the old stadium the bleachers actually hung out over the field.  Tigers v. Mariners.  Lou Whitaker hit a SHOT that was coming right at me.  I though for sure it was a homer, but it fell just short.  I leaned out over the rail and looked down underneath my feet to see if the Mariners center fielder made the catch.  He was running at the wall full speed, looked over his shoulder and made a backwards basket catch "a la Willie Mays" ... I couldn't wait for him to turn around to see the name on the back of his jersey to see who it was that just made the most amazing catch I had ever seen.  It was a rookie named "Griffey Jr."

Did Prince really have ear muffs and a scarf on for yesterday's game? Ha!

HEY ... it was COLD out there :)

I'm all geeked up for this Fri-Sat-Sun as I will be at all 3 of the Tiger's home openers against the much hated Yankees

I was very young, when I went to that game. My mother wouldn't let my dad go, unless he took me along. I liked the snacks and the atmosphere. I remember the hard bleachers and the dirt field. Not exactly a "Target Field." The ball park was near the train yard. But you are right, it was almost 60 years ago. (long term memory--good**short term not)

Twins did it today. That will make your Tigers tough for the weekend. Wow, all 3 games. I'd be geeked up also. Not sure what that means, but bet you are counting the hours. They will be great games. Tigers and Yankees. Exciting!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]   Leslie

Hi all,

Rockies 5-1 leading the west! I'm off to Vegas Wednesday for work, think I'll drop some dough on the Rockies winning the series. They have to be about 250-1 shot.

I love opening day everyone starts with a clean slate and anything is possible.

Dave

Hi all,

Rockies 5-1 leading the west! I'm off to Vegas Wednesday for work, think I'll drop some dough on the Rockies winning the series. They have to be about 250-1 shot.

I love opening day everyone starts with a clean slate and anything is possible.

Dave

Hi Dave!

Well, that bet would probably make the rest of your season pretty interesting, but the Tigers will be winning it all this year :)

I just got home from a full weekend in the "D".  Saw all 3 games.  Even got a final glimpse of Mariano Rivera today.  Kinda bittersweet since the only way we got to see him is if the Tigers were down late in   the game .....  But he is a legend nonetheless, and today was his last game at Comerica.

2 wins and a loss, and good weather too.  Decent weekend.  So glad to have the boys of summer back!

steve

Don't overlook the Braves at 5 - 1 in the East.  :)

They have had a great start!  But I'm seeing the Mets take that division.  I think it will be a tight race though.

...and my Brewers - already tied for last and three games out of first.

Nothing like digging yourself a hole to climb out of before the season's even a week old.

For the last 4 seasons I have made the trip to a "different" stadium to see a game.  This summer I will be seeing Miller Park!  Have you ever been there?  Have any tips?  Things inside the park I must see? A food I must try?

Haven't been to Miller Park since the first game of the 2011 playoffs against the Diamondbacks. I don't go in for most of the hoopla - what I know is that it's a damned fine place to grab a couple of dogs with mustard and kraut, a tall cup o' suds, a bag of peanuts, and watch a baseball game. The beauty is that they play - rain or shine.

Let me know when you're coming - I might have to meet you there.

Let me know when you're coming - I might have to meet you there.

As of right now, I'll be there to see them play the Nationals on Aug. 2-4. (Fri-Sun).  I'll be going by myself, so heck yeah .... come on out!!

From worst to first.  Watch out for the Red Sox this year!

Can they keep this up?? WOW, big surprise in opening week for sure. 

I've been known to drop a few dollars on a "daily fantasy" site and I picked Will Middlebrooks for my team the other day.  3 homers, a double, 3 runs scored, and 6 million rbi's.  He had more fantasy points than some complete teams that day!!  Needless to say I won a few bucks off of him :)

Cubs are going all the way this year. :D 

HAHA, all the way where? 

To the edge of the cliff?  All the way to the cellar of the division? 

Hopefully they will have a winning season in the near future though ..... I can see that happening!!