Shroom for depression - UPDATE

MoxieGirl

Hi,

My best friend is struggling with depressions. She doesn't want to go back on doctor prescribed emotion killer drugs, but is struggling to beat it herself.

I want to give her a small dose of shrooms, as I know there have been some very promising reports on how they help with depression. My question is about the dosage.

I normally take about 1.2 grams of dried shrooms when I bust. As she is really concerned about the trip, I am thinking of giving her 1/2 that. I once gave her Zomig for a migraine, and her body really did not like it. So I would rather err on the side of caution, but I also would like to see her experience an improvement.

What do you think?

MG

There's a good chance it could backfire. Intense introspection could be just what someone feeling down about themselves doesn't need.

Also, if she's really sensitive to medication, she might have a freak out at the sensation.

Then again, there's also a chance it could really help.

I'd say walk her through everything beforehand, tell her what to expect, and if she wants to try it, stay with her through the whole thing in a safe place with no distractions.

So, gave my best friend a small dose of shrooms last weekend for her depression. To play things safe, we went with about .6 grams of dried mushrooms.

Her trip was very enjoyable, which I think was her biggest concern. She's well aware of the dangers of a bad trip, and was quit worried about it. So we are all very happy that part of the experiment went well.

Over the course of the following few days, her mood has showed a considerable improvement. She isn't hiding from the world in her room any longer, and has started communicating with friends again. She's even started chatting with a few perspective dates - which is awesome!

She told me yesterday that none of the medicines doctors have ever given her for depression has helped as much as one small dose of shrooms.

MG