From Neurons to Nirvana

An in-depth analysis of psychedelic drugs in light of current scientific, medical and cultural knowledge and on the validity of psychedelics as adjuncts to therapy, as crucial but neglected taboo medicines, and as technologies of consciousness.

http://www.neuronirvana.net/oh/From_Neurons_to_Nirvana.html

A PERFECT PILL : FROM NEURONS TO NIRVANA, a feature documentary in development, has already shot several interviews with the worlds foremost researchers, writers, and pioneering psychedelic psychotherapists. These radical healers and dissenters are using ancient concoctions and what were once considered the demon drugs of the 60s as essential medicines which they believe should be available for use in sanctioned treatment.[ch65279]

In the last few yearsÂ’ psychedelics have been given new respectability in science and in therapy. Universities in Zurich, at Harvard, at the University of California, at John Hopkins, are conducting human trials with psychedelics to treat a number of afflictions from posttraumatic stress disorder, cluster headaches, addictions, to end of life anxiety issues. The FDA, in April of 2010, has approved a phase two trial with MDMA for posttraumatic stress disorder. All of the patients in this trial will be U.S. army vets from the war in Iraq suffering from PTSD.

This richly illustrated documentary is poised to tap into a phenomenon which has only recently and superficially touched the mainstream media. November 2008, CNN[ch700]s Dr. Sanjay Gupta talked of Iraq War PTSD veterans who testified to the efficacy of therapy enhanced by MDMA.

A December 18, 2008 headline on a double-page spread in The Economist stated, “Ecstasy may be good for those who can’t get over something truly horrible.” Even Fox Network ran with a (misleading) headline stating that LSD might ‘extend the life of terminal ill patients’. What’s new is that the use of these drugs is not being presented as harmful or as mind candy, but as a rational and valuable addition to therapeutic practice.

Critically acclaimed filmmaker Oliver Hockenhull employs state of the art HD image processing and the techniques of montage — combining fresh interviews, dynamic animations, engaging and imaginative CGI, motion graphic illustrations, brief text insertions, archival news clips, and punctuation of b roll footage — with a nod to the work of the brilliant and popular BBC documentarist Adam Curtis. The audience will be introduced to the hard science, the neurophysiology and neurochemistry of the psychedelics, the subjective experiences associated with their use, and their medical, social and spiritual significance.

shocked

Thanks for this Ben.

It's so encouraging to hear the scientific community now openly discussing the positive effects of hallucinogens.

Lets hope that the people who make the laws begin to put pain relief before profit when it comes to making decisions in the future.

We live in hope.

CArl...

Absolutely the perfect post (for me) to read & commit to my favorites. 

The discipline I've learned through this experience would be;

"methodical and mindful"

An in-depth analysis of psychedelic drugs in light of current scientific, medical and cultural knowledge and on the validity of psychedelics as adjuncts to therapy, as crucial but neglected taboo medicines, and as technologies of consciousness.

Thank you Shocked.

• 4 weeks later...

Medical Research on Psychedelics Documentary in progress

Director: Roslyn Dauber

http://doc-jukebox.com/film/medicine-trailer

Our documentary introduces you to a remarkable group of 21st Century medical researchers who explore the potential of the human mind with carefully screened

volunteers who ingest psychedelic medicines to assess their therapeutic value.

Luminaries in the field, Alexander Shulgin, Dennis McKenna, Kat Harrison,

Charles Grob, Bill Richardson, Roland Griffiths, and more, contribute insights

at the cutting age of neuroscience, spirituality, medicine and consciousness.

Quote -

"We invite you to help grow the Documentary"

shocked

• 2 weeks later...

Oh!!! Fantastic!! Did you love you`re work?

There are so many incredibly, perfect, just beautiful masq`s.

It is really art. There are not many making real masq`s, are there?

Sorry if i`m impolite, don't answer if you think it is. I just find it incredible, this art. :)

There are so many incredibly, perfect, just beautiful masq`s.

Hello tingeling,

Ben designed Clustermasx. An oxygen mask designed to better deliver 02, & abort the pain of CH quicker.

Many CH sufferers still use his idea today, & adopt his system to masks which are supplied ,by suppliers.

CArl...

The best abortive treatment isn’t even a drug. Inhaling pure oxygen works for about 80% of cluster headache sufferers, although the attack must be caught within five minutes. Access to the bulky cylinder also isn’t always possible. Frustrated with the poor functionality of existing equipment, lifelong chronic sufferer Ben Khan invented the ‘Clustermasx’ which, Khan says, uses less oxygen, is more effective and can abort an attack in five minutes. One reviewer of his method raved that “a layer of pain is shaved off with every inhalation.”

http://www.maps.org/research/cluster/psilo-lsd/nm0107-10.pdf

BenÂ’s own research into oxygen therapy and its delivery systems has made him an authority on the subject and led to his design and creation of Clustermasx . Ben will be explaining how Clustermasx became a reality and will be demonstrating the qualities of this new system, which is now being used with amazing worldwide results. An oxygen delivery system, the first ever specifically designed for cluster headache treatment, for delivering pure O2 for maximum relief and effect.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/convention.htm

Golden Regulator

http://www.ouch-us.org/gatherings/milcon06/goldenreg-khan.wmv

shocked

Hi

Ok, so you have actually made the o2 system i have here at home :o

I don`t have tho high flow vent, they refuse to give it here, dangerous they say. But at least, in the end i managed to get 25 flow.

Thank you so much!!!! :)

You wont believe what a difference it made..... I didn`t get any effect using O2, mostly because i had to breath as a maniac for ever. Hospital wouldn`t get me the right mask i had only heard about once. To make long story short, i kind of refused to go before i got it, got telephone number to supplier who new about it. They said nothing else workes, this mask make the difference for you, i will give it to you for free, because i know it will make life better.

If i use the O2 just in a couple of min, it now makes a big difference for about 2 days!! this country unfortualy isn`t a beliver in O2, or maybe it is the money. Because it will be deliverded from a gas supplier and not a pharmacutical comp.

I can`t believe i get the chance to thank you!!

Again, thank you so much!! You made many peoples life better. I been an athlete, and what the imitrex and stuff did to my cardio, and how this gave me back my well being in everyday life, and made it possible for me to get back at the excercises, nearer and nearer the level i wish to be, you wont belive how much i appreciate it!!

Because of this, i beginning to wonder if it is possible for me to go for a duathlon again :)

I am so grateful, thank you so much :) :)

• 9 months later...