Nitrous Oxide

Ricardo

Nitrous Oxide has completely saved me 3 times over the past couple months.  Each time was when I was out and about and the Ketamine was just not working.  Each time was a level 8 or 9 on the pain scale, about to puke and getting light headed and shaky.  Each time I got home, ran into my house and grabbed my whipped cream nitrous dispenser, loaded it up and sucked the nitrous down. (This thing  http://compare.ebay.com/like/310587804293?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar) 

Not once have I had this thing actually abort a full hit, what it did do was bring my level 9 hit down to a 4 or 5 for a little while.  This might not seem like much, but each time it gave me the chance to not panic, not go straight for the immediate relief of the Imitrex.  Instead I was able to think about my options for a minute and gave me enough time to get mushrooms into me instead, each time making a succesful bust.

As far as aborting a full hit, like I said it doesn't work with this. (trust me I have tried pretty hard :) ) At the dentist though, with a mask on at a high flow rate it has worked 100% at least 4 times now, and it was damn close to instant.  Hardly anything has worked quicker.  Definitely quicker than Imitrex. 

What I'm thinking now though, is "How hard would it be to get a hospital to carry a nitrous tank for clusters?"  I have some people that I know who are higher ups at 2 different hospitals and I am going to push this idea on them.  Additionaly I have found that there are at least 2 hospitals that still carry nitrous (for labor pains in pregnancy) most hospitals do not carry nitrous, but these 2 do and I am going to get in touch and see if I can convince them to let a cluster sufferer who comes in try it.  Who knows....

-Ricardo

Automotive grade nitrous oxide

Automotive grade nitrous oxide is used in car racing. To discourage recreational use of this type of nitrous oxide, it is mixed with sulphur dioxide, which is very unpleasant to inhale and can be harmful to the lungs. Automotive grade nitrous oxide should not be inhaled.

That is what I found on automotive nitrous oxide

I have also done the whip cream nitrous (high in O2 and a pain killer/anesthetic to boot), didn't think it did much, but those are small quantities not breathing like O2. I do imagine it would kick harder with Ketamine. I would try a tank if I could get it.

The kind you buy for your car is not the same as medical grade, or whip cream cans. Please don't go buy car nitrous oxide and inhale it!!!

I agree completely. 

The thing that keeps coming into my mind though, is that lots and lots of hippies end up at music shows with tanks of medical grade nitrous.  It can't be that hard to get, I am going to ask around.

-Ricardo

I once knew a dentist that would get an H tank for parties/festivals... but he also drove a psychedelic school bus (the good old days). I found a site on the internet that talks about filtering automotive nitrous through a high PH system to remove the H2S, seems pretty sketchy to me considering how dangerous H2S is. The other suggestion was food service N2O, catering company or ??

http://www.justsayn2o.com/nitrous.obtain.html