Psilocybin grows new brain cells

Effects of Psilocybin on neurogenesis, a talk by Zeno Sanchez-Ramos.

A little dry but good info.  One of the more interesting things found in this study was that Psilocybin was growing new brain cells, but not from one dose.  Not until they gave 3 doses--One dose a week for 3 weeks did they find this as a result.  This may point to better clusterbusting relief if taken on this schedule (or maybe not...)  Even if it did not up the effectiveness of the mushrooms, I would bet money that it WOULD help fight off depression. 

I found this extra interesting because I take my mushrooms once a week, for three weeks, then take a week or two off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRNSEG1DY2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

-Ricardo

• Thanks 1

I find this to be most interesting...

"Ability to dissociate unpleasant emotional responses from stimuli that trigger those responses is facilitated by psilocybin"

"This may explain, in part, the utility of psilocybin in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder and other conditions in which environmental cues trigger a need (eg drug-seeking)

This seems spot on to me from my own personal experiences. I also do "chronic" dosing (once a week) to achieve the desired results. I have had a recent breakthrough in this area... will publish results in a new thread after I gather a little more data.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just makes me wonder about my long time theory about why "we" get CH.

We are the mutating part of society for where and what the future human race is preparing itself for.  So it is only natural to resort to nature to ease us into the transformation.

"As head researcher Dr. Briony Catlow explained to Real Clear Science: ”Memory, learning, and the ability to relearn that a once threatening stimuli is no longer a danger absolutely depends on the ability of the brain to alter its connections…We believe that neuroplasticity plays a critical role in psilocybin accelerating fear extinction.”

And I believe that all mutations (evolution) throughout existence came with a selective group heralding these changes through some pain. 

What are we gaining and what are we losing? And why in the primitive part of our brains?

Life full of questions and maybe possible explanations?

Jazz ;)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new here and saw this topic.  I have tried everything!  I'm in a nasty cycle now and I can get no relief.  I've done the prophylactics, injections (Imitrex) , Cambia, Diclofenac Sodium Gel on my skull, my trapezius muscle, Occipital Nerve block ,Trigeminal nerve block, Cervical Epidural on Monday 10/21 and scheduled for another November 19.  I tripled my dose of Lyrica from 50 mg. twice a day, to 150 mg. twice a day!  I've been involved with some excellent species of flora de happy chill, but no help!!  I have yet to try the silly sigh buns but am open to any thing... Oh, I have even had acupuncture!! How can I get in on a trial for the shrooms?  I have had clusters since I was 17.  that's 38 years.....a long damn time to suffer through these monsters , even on medications for them!  My personal life is suffering.  It's very hard for your partner to witness a severe attack, they are scary to watch.  They interfere with everything.  I'm sure I am not the only one asking "Why!" , "Why me, damn it!!!" !! I would like some information about the mushrooms to see if I might qualify for treatment!!.  End of the rope here!  With thanks and hopefulness for you all!!!

Respectfully,

Sony

• 2 months later...

Hi all, not interested in growing new brain cells, but need to know how to take these mushrooms. I take 2 sets 6 days apart every 3 months, but I have still ended up with a cluster period after 10 months of taking them. 

Does anyone have any experience as to how often to take them? Need help as they really have helped for me. I had 2 years headache free at one point because of them, which was my longest headache free period in over 20 years. 

Let me know please. 

Thanks. Danielle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, Freud said:

I’m chronic and I dose once a month and that usually does it for me. 

On 1/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, Freud said:

I’m chronic and I dose once a month and that usually does it for me. 

On 1/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, Danielle said:

Excellent to know. Anyone else?

How much do u dose 1.5g?

• 1 month later...

Some have tried microdosing but I have not read many posts that it works as well as taking a larger dose every 5 days. The standard practice is taking at least 1 gram every 5 days for 3 doses. Some take more and do more then the 5 doses until it busts the cycle.