Crying as a trigger?

donkeytaco

Hello all....

Yesterday I had to have my longtime best pal / doggie friend put down after almost 15 years.  it's a sad thing, but not positng this to garner sympathy....

I had a really good cry after I got home, and almost as soon as I stopped, I had the longest and one of the strongest CHA's yet of this cycle.

Anyone else ever had crying be a HA trigger?

My sympathies for your beloved dog Taco.

I don't remember crying as a trigger, but it very well could be. I think this could be linked with any other situation that have us relaxing, like eating too much, sleeping, after-work stress relieving... alcohol...

You were under a certain amount of stress prior, and the crying had you releiving this stress... makes sense to me.

Hiya,

My heart goes out to you for your loss.

Yes, crying, strong emotions and shocks are all triggers for me, but espeically crying. Doesn't have to be one of those gut renching cries either, a fairly mild tearful moment can trigger a cluster.

Was watching the movie 'Get Smart' for the first time, and there is a scene where someone gets hit by a car, totally out of the blue. The shock of the suddenness of the event triggered a cluster.

I read a really good article once about how (it is believed) migraine suffurers have a very sensative nervous system, so strong smells, changes in weather, emotions, etc. can all trigger migraines. That's me to a T. 50/50 chance if one of those events will trigger a cluster or a migraine.

hugs

MG

100% agreeable crying, sad, emotions ALWAYS get hit with a Kip 10. I was flipping through slides the other day(had those in 70s) and found a bunch of old family photos of me, dad and my brother. I havent spoken to my brother in10 years and my dad hasnt spoken to him in 16. My dad has since gotten cancer,beaten it but had a full lyrengectomy. I have CH and 4 brain surgeries. Looking back at all the pics got me thinking...of days when we all spoke, no one was sick, we enjoyed ecahothers company, no one was bitter....I balled all night. 1am...the mothership of all attacks(probably top3 worst attack of all time I have had)Wife said it was worst she ever saw me have..I damn well know it was from the pictures going down memory lane.

I am an emotional perosn to begin with. I wear my heart on my sleeve anyway. I get sad if I see a homeless person hungry.....so I get attacks. ahhhg

Im so sorry about your loved one .. we lost our dog last month (got out of the gate and went for a romp) and i was beside myself, she never runs away and i knew if she could come back she would have. I cried my eyes out.. fortunately for us we put up flyers all over the area and got her back. someone had actually taken her in overnight then turned her into the humane society.

but i digress

Crying hard like that can constrict the throat wherein lies the vagus nerve.  another one that goes into the brain. You all just made me remember that my son was very cholicy as a baby. I have not idea if any of this is connected. but i just wonder if the vagus nerve doesnt get involved at times.

DT,

You also have my condolences for the loss of a best friend.  I know my two dogs have been very comforting when I've battled with the Beast.  They just seem to understand what pain is about.  No need to explain anything to them.

Read an interesting article on "First Occurances of CH" being triggered by strong emotional effects ..... including orgasm!  It's from 2006.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077732/

The variation in body energy (especially the down swings) really appears to be connected to chemical changes internally.  Resting after a long day, emotional pitfalls and even sleeping at night must send a full blown news bulletin to the hypothalamus.  Tears are just one of the results of a huge emotional slump.  I always get them during and after a CH.  Figured it was just the juices from my eyeball getting squeezed from the skull.  :D

Anyway, a toast to your buddy (coffee in hand)  [smiley=beer.gif]

Hang tough and many PF days to you........

weatherman

And not crying can be a trigger also. Just like all the other triggers of many faces.

Releasing the pain of loss with tears, might be more healthy than holding back.      Tears of rage & tears of grief.

Leslie

All great info....interesting how deep everyone thinks....I've had plenty of sad times before and since then.....emotionally drained this week with all of it.....that never triggered a thing....  but the snotty, teary mess I was the other day triggered...and triggered quickly and deeply