New to this very groovy board

scottr1966

Hey folks,

What a joy it is to discover Clusterbusters! I was diagnosed with cluster variant 6 months ago. This whole cluster thing is a brand new experience for me. I am 43 years old. The first month of the ordeal brought me weekly acute attacks and I had what I believe are shadows everyday. The acute attacks have ceased but the daily shadows remain. Neurologist started me on an anti-inflammatory then switched to Verapamil 300mg per day. Tried Prednisone for one week and have been on and off narcotic pain meds 3 times. Currently no pain meds and plan to stay off. Two weeks ago was prescribed Depakote 500mg per day. Took that for a week along with the daily Verapamil. The Doc said the "shadows" may be an underlying migraine. Did not like the Depakote and concerned about long term effects. I do not do well with drugs that affect my mood. I did try acupuncture, 7 sessions, and it helped. I was never totally rid of the shadows but the kip level was way down to a minimum. Once I stopped, for economic reasons, the intense shadows came back. I suppose the Verapamil is keeping the acute attacks from occurring. Right not only taking Verapamil but stopped last night in order to detox.

Took 1g of potent dried shrooms last sat night and plan for 2 more doses increase to 1.5g. No relief from last weeks dose but could have been counteracted by Verapamil? I think the debate is still open about that. Since I've already begun the process and the next two weekends, including today, will allow me the time and space to do the alternative method. Perhaps by the 3rd dose next weekend the Verapamil will have cleared my system enough for the dose to have free reign. Perhaps some of you could comment on the concern of the Verapamil interaction.

Thanks for letting me share. Any comments and/or advise is welcomed.

Scotty

Of course it's better to be drug-free when busting. If access to shrooms isn't a problem, give them a try for a couple of weeks at 1.5g minimum and increase by .25g until they work. My son didn't get much relief till about 3.0g. Others are fine with and never take more than 2.0g. Many variables. Seems these little shrooms effect every clusterhead a little differently. Good luck.

Thanks Bonkers! I did 1g the first week, 1.5 the 2nd and it was a harrowing trip! A bit much. Man, I would really like to scale it back to 1g for the 3rd round. Do you think that will be ok? The week following the first dose there was no relief until the 7th day when I felt better than I had compared to the previous 10 days. Today is the 3rd day after the 2nd dose and I have had strong shadows and some minor hits all day. This evening it's been waning a bit so I am feeling better. My guess is it's too soon to tell if this will work? The shrooms I am using are potent. Seems that would be a factor when measuring the dose? From what I have read, only "sub-psychedelic" doses are necessary. I guess it varies from person to person but the thought of taking more than 1g of these things make my knees knock. Love to hear your thoughts.

Scotty

Don't take more than you're comfortable with. Take 1g as long as YOU feel it's working. As long as you have ready access to shrooms, you're the only judge that matters as to their effectiveness. For a lot of us, they're pretty dear and we find it necessary to get the most use out of what we have. Just my thoughts as of this moment. Others with more experience and other ideas will see things differently.

Swift, my headache has been less intense since I began the process 24 days ago. Last friday, a day before 3rd dose, I got a pretty good hit late afternoon. I was doing better on saturday. For 3rd dose I brewed 1g tea but could only bring my self to drink half of it.

Monday thru today the pattern seems to be overnite stab right side as is typical for the 6 months I had this problem. Like with acupunture,the new thing is that I've had some headache free moments in the mornings and a gradual increase mid to late afternoon. Then it may slack off in the evening. Pretty much a wax and wane kind of thing.

I am very lucky in that I have not had a major hit since december last year. This whole cluster experience is new to me and it appears I do not have as severe a case as other poor souls on this forum. However, I have been living with a butterknife, sometimes a steakknife, in the right side of my head everyday for 6 months. Cluster variant, migraine or whatever.

I do feel like this treatment method is trying to work but I may need to raise the dose back to 1 to 1.5g.The higher dose is tough for me 3 weeks in a row. Ive had back surgery so its also a bit of a physical challenge. I find it really hard not lay down with eyes closed on the higher dose

and I get fairly tense so its tough on my body these days.

Having said all that, I wonder if I need to suck it up and give it another shot since I feel close to a resolution. I am not exactly sure what kind of results to expect. No headache and no shadow would be nice but is it possible with this method? Perhaps it is for some. I just want to feel normal again. By this saturday I will decide if I should dose again. Maybe one more will blow this thing outta here. Maybe LSA is on tap next? I've rambled a bit and my thumbs are tired. Thanks for checking in on me and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Scotty

I find that a larger dose is what works for me. I went from kip 9's and 10's to 1's and 2's with a few shadows here and there. I also am still dealing with a really bad bout with prednizone that just about killed me about a year ago. I feel confident that the longer I keep the beast at bay, the less frequent I'll have to dose. I can tell you that it's getting better all the time. I've almost got it down pat. I don't mind the dose so much anymore. If I can get in the right frame of mind (not worrying about the hit that is sure to follow) I almost enjoy it. The colors are amazing!

I'm down to once a month to six weeks. The PF time just keeps extending. At first i had to dose every week. 2.5 to 3 is the dose that works for me. I adjust as to how severe the shadows are. I have let them get a little far before and it took a couple doses to knock cycle out. Remember, once you get the cycle broke it's easier to maintain. Breaking the cycle can be hard to do at first but when you do, you'll know when you need to dose again.

Wow 2.5 to 3 is pretty high. If I do that with this batch I will trip hard. I have 1.5g tea ready to go and should dose tonight but I am having a hard time bringing myself to do it. I really need to dose this weekend but I may wait till tomorrow. It's challenging for me. I guess it's easier for some but for me it's so hallucinogenic. Don't get me wrong, it's incredible and mind blowing but my knees knock pretty hard at the thought of it. Plus I have a family and I need the time and space to do it. "Mommy, what's wrong with daddy"? "Oh honey he's just tripping is balls off". Tomorrow they will be out of the house so it would be a good time. Day trip...oh shit.

Anyway, courage right? Think of the benefits and the reason we do it. Medicinal. Gotta remember that I will come down and be just fine. Oh but it can be so harrowing!

Thanks for the very helpful info.

Scotty

Hi Scotty.  My understanding (2 years of busting mostly successfully) is that it is the effect you want, not necessarily the weight.  So if you are tripping pretty hard on 1 or 1.5 grams, that should be good.  Busting is harder during the cycle as everyone says so it may take several doses.

Some psilocybes are more potent.  I think most people here are taking cubensis because that is more of the 'home grow' strain.  Wild collectors may be getting cyanescens (potent) here in the northwest r liberty caps etc etc.

So I think stick with what you are doing and don't worry as much about what it has taken others.  Unless it doesn't work for you over 3-4 weeks that is.  I don't weigh mine at all, so I can't tell you what weight it takes me.  6-10 little mushroom dudes is what it takes me depending on my cycle timing.

Good luck daddy-o!  Don't forget to enjoy the ride while you are there.  I have plenty of friends who think I got the clusters so I would experience the psilocybes.  That is of course after I tell them that the psilocybes have changed my life and the way I see the world  :)  Life is much better now.

--Shaggy

I had a hit this morn at 4. The o2 knocked it out. Been having light shadows all day. I guess the prednisone is wearing off. I was hoping to be out of cycle already. FUCK!!  I can't wait to try these shrooms and see if they work for me. And scotty, oxygen works dude. I'ts aborted the last 2 of mine in like 10 min. ;)

Prednizone will block the dose. Not the effects just the effectiveness. Don't get frustrated if the first dose doesn't do the trick. I had a hard time busting because of the steroids and being in mid cycle. I think Shaggy is right on the weight. I don't think my stuff is as strong as yours. You need to do what you feel comfortable with. You'll figure out how much you need to get the job done.

Mad6string

All good info guys...thanks. I'm on the other side of today's dose. 1.5g tea and I took about 1/4 of a muscle relaxer to take the edge off. It worked nicely. Been a long time since a day trip ;-). Are the faces always present in the trees and we just don't normally see them?

Anyway we will see how it goes the remainder of the week. Will not be able to dose again for two weeks. I hope I won't need to but who knows. Will keep posting.

Scotty

Hey guys, I was in a hurry this morning when I wrote and wanted to add some stuff.

You may already know this but day trips are good and yes, there are always faces in the trees.

There are other things about the trees that we don't normally see too.  A deciduous forest in the winter during the day is a fascinating place!  I learned many things about the woods during my December/January cycle a few months ago. 

By week three (3 doses to bust) I was kind of sick of my psilocybe friends and decided to stay in, meditate and listen to music.  I focused on the medicine and my gratitude to the fungus for helping me.  I also had some Native American flute music on which really found its way into my body.  I could feel the fluid and energy leaving my face and head at one point.  Then I got cold as the cluster left my body.  I knew my cycle was over.

My last maintenance dose I could barely feel and it seems to have cleared the shadows for now.  I will do the same the next time I feel daily shadows for 5-7 days.  About every 1 1/2-2 months so far.

Good luck gentlemens! :D

--Shaggy

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to read some honest responses to the hallucinogen effects!  I too am wobbly-kneed as I sip my tea!  The thing I think about is something my neuro told me when I told her what my new treatment plan was going to be......she said "Cindy, I just don't think you are the personality type that would do well on hallucinogens.  You're too hyper-vigilant." 

Oh just draw your little line in my sand, lady!

I've had 3 wonderful experiences just to spite her!  LOL

ps I started dosing on Mothers Day.  Today I drank my first sludge of rc seeds...trying to destroy any shadow that remains!  Good Luck to you Scott1966 :)

Cindy