anyone in DC, northern VA, western MD area?

inpatagonia

hi, i haven't been on here in quite some time... i normally live in southern argentina, but am up in the US visiting my family for the first time in 4 years, and have been struck by a cycle...

having never actually been face to face with anyone else with CH, i thought i might try to meet up with anyone around here.

my parents live very near Harper's Ferry, WV, which is just under 2 hours from DC... if there's anybody on this board in DC, western maryland, northern virginia, the WV panhandle, that i might be able to meet up with, drop me a PM if you want.

on another note, and as a quick background on me, back home in argentina i tried busting twice, once successfully and once not.  have not managed to get myself an oxygen setup, but have also gotten VERY strenuous exercise to work, if i catch it early enough and run myself into the ground... i live on a mountain and i basically just leave the house and run UP until i nearly collapse.  running like the devil's after me, as it were.  but it works

if anyone wants to discuss the ins and outs of exercise as an abortive, i'm game for that too.

at the moment the best i could come up with up here is imitrex, which cost me an arm and a leg since i don't have US health insurance and had to go see a doc to get a prescription... back home everybody has free health care... all you have to do is walk into a hospital. and i'm also looking into the D3 regimen, since i couldn't get the right supplements for in argentina, so i'm looking to try it up here.

anyway, if anybody's around my area, let me know, and thanks SO SO much for all the valuable information and experience everyone is putting up here.

with the name denali, i can see why you're drawn to mountains!  have you considered getting welding oxygen as the basis for an O2 setup?  i know of some places (via google) that are about 20 miles away from harper's ferry, but there might be ones that are closer.

Hi inpatagonia

I've read of exercice/running before to abort. Seems it works for some clusterheads. It wouldn't work for me. When I'm right into the cycle, even walking fast increases the pain, as if it increases my blood pressure (?).

What I find is that CH changes over time. It might have worked 25-30 years ago (I mean for me), but not anymore.

on another note, and as a quick background on me, back home in argentina i tried busting twice, once successfully and once not. 

It would be interesting to know details. Busting might be miraculous for some of us, but not for all. In the past month, I busted 4 times. One of these actually seemed to have triggered my cycle for good, but the 4th one worked, but not right away. Slapbacks were strong, but 4 days after (today), looks like I got it.

CH is very complex and mysterious, and I don't think there exists a simple and clear method of taming it. And it is different for each of us, and it is different over time.

... what I find interesting in your post is that you run uphill... climbing up a stairway is very difficult for me when in cycle, and going down is nothing. Bending down is nothing, but when I raise back up: ohhhhhhhh. So what I  find interesting in this is that you're fighting CH with actually... a trigger (climbing up). What I find after these past 4 busts and other things I noted this past month is actually that busting uses the same... I think our busting agents are also triggers. Fighting fire with fire...

I think we still don't know (nor science) how CH operates and why, nor how and why busting works, and that everyone's input and thinking is essential for us to try to discover its mysteries.

Hope you can find relief while you are in US, don't forget coffee or energy drinks, they sure help.

Denali, if you're going to be in the US for a while and you want to bust, you could order some rivea corymbosa (RC) seeds.  They're legal to order and possess (not legal to prepare and drink), and the effects are almost always mild enough that you wouldn't have to worry about any kind of trip, which I suppose for some people could be an issue while staying with family.  You'd have to stop the trex, though, and that's another reason why oxygen would be important.