Seed Bust Nightmare

River_Rat

OMG.........I was barely in cycle just a couple weeks and thought timing would be great for me to just nip this in the butt, I was only carrying around a shadow with an occasional hit kip 5-7 lasting maybe 10 min, I busted with 50 seeds Monday night, didn't really trip at all, just made my stomach feel a little upset and felt tired so I went to bed restless sleep but no hits, then Tuesday I had a light shadow most of the day then Tuesday night, I got slammed with a kip 8'ish at about 11pm that lasted about 45 min, then again at 1:45am with a kip 8-9 that lasted another 45 min or so then again at 4am with a kip 6-7 and it lasted about 15-25 min then got slammed again at 5:55am with a kip 6-7 that lasted about 25 min I was also very sweaty each time I don't really remember that happening before, but I had taken 2 500mg vik's I then went back to bed and woke up with a shadow at about 9:30am (thank god I have a flexible schedule) it is now 2:00pm central time and I've had that shadow all day (no hit so far). Is this normal when busting with seeds??  Not sure if I could handle another night like that?? Should I dose again Friday or Sat? Should I step up my dose? Or should I just go grab some trex, verap, vik's and amerge from my Dr. and go about my normal cycle routine. Look forward to you responses.

BTW Just for the record. I am very familiar with the kip scale, I don't call it a kip 10 unless my eye completely swells shut or I go into shock

River_Rat,

Sounds like a heck of a slap back day to me. Most here would suggest you go again in 5 days. Yes, you can up the dose, say 60-75 next time. Many take seeds at bedtime and go to sleep. Sometimes a little nausea comes with it. Day 2 should be better and then even better on 3 (likely PF :)). Some true PF time and then a return of the dragon is common. Therefore, more treatment. The slapbacks normally become easier and fewer as you drive more nails in the coffin. :)

Do you have O2 and energy drinks or coffee? All will help shadows. Eat well and stay Hydrated today as well.

I had taken 2 500mg vik's I then went back to bed

Not sure what you are referring to here. Help?

As for returning to verap, etc, that is a call only you can make.

spiny

So that's a "slapback?" felt more like a train wreck, still pretty good today it's 3:37pm and I just took a little nap still just a shadow. As far as Vik's go I meant vicodin rarely ever take them but after the 2nd hit I thought maybe it might take the edge off a bit, but it didn't or did it? Hell I don't know. I try to make it through the night tonight and see what happens. If what happened to me was expected, I understand and I'll try the seeds again and up the dosage a bit, but I felt like the seeds just made it worse. Let me know your thoughts, Thanks spiny

Is this normal when busting with seeds??

This kind of thing is pretty normal for me when I bust. But the last few times I busted I was in such a bad place to start that it didn't even faze me.

The way it was described to me is that busting is like shaking up a snow globe. Things get really frantic at first, but then, over the course of the next few days, it settles down very nicely. Then you find you're stretching out the time between busts - so much so that if you don't write it down, you may have trouble remembering when your last bust was or when you should do it again.

I know of one member here who does maintenance doses on the 4th of July and New Year's Eve - just so he can remember when he should do them.

In my experience, what you're going through is very normal. Don't let it scare you off. Keep at it every 5-7 days for at least two more times. And upping the dose will most likely bring you better results long-term.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks Brew, I needed to hear that. I don't think the Vicodin did anything anyway, I'll stay away from everything and try again. I do take Xanax daily for anxiety and have for the last 6-7 years, what do you know about Xanax in regards to busting? Cause I can't stop taking them? Thank God you guys are here.

I don't think Xanax would be a problem RR. Many take for anxiety during dosing.  Yeah, leave the Vicoden off. Just go to the bottom of the page to 'Forum Jump' go to Clusterbuster files and read 'Playing Well with Others'. It will give you an idea of what is ok and what is not.

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Ask more questions!

As far as any other meds go, I do take some heartburn stuff daily, then Xanax, other then that nothing, I do smoke and drink like most clusterheads LOL, not drinking now though. I'll let you know how tonight goes. I would like to believe that I just pissed him off so he slammed me last night, but with that said I'd also like to think I put a little hurt on him, and that maybe if I just stay strong stay off meds and dose again in 5 days maybe that will be a kill shot or at least a heavy wound, 3rd bust maybe the kill shot......Is this the right thinking about the seeds?

I would like to believe that I just pissed him off so he slammed me last night, but with that said I'd also like to think I put a little hurt on him, and that maybe if I just stay strong stay off meds and dose again in 5 days maybe that will be a kill shot or at least a heavy wound, 3rd bust maybe the kill shot......Is this the right thinking about the seeds?

Sounds right to me.  :)

Thanks Jeff!

Update....Have only been hit once since that crazy night with a 9-10 for about an hour last night (Thurs) right eye swelled almost completely shut, thought I was going to panic from the pain, worked through it with nothing but walking and pacing, other then that just shadows. Weird cycle! Just Weird. I'll bust again in a few days. NORM

Sorry for the hard times you have been through buddy. In my experiences the two days after I take seeds I get slapbacks and shadows followed by 3-5 days of relief. Keep at it. The beast doesn't go away without a fight. I just took my fifth dose last night. This is my first cycle using seeds and I did notice a great difference. I get through them with red bull or 5 hr energy drinks. Keep fighting!!!

• 1 month later...

Ya I'd say you pissed him off... good for you (good sign).

Bust every 5 days and watch those other meds(the playing well together thing, and look at the "Shutting the door" post as well).

https://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290130968

I am chronic and need to bust at least once a month, sometimes once a week. For episodics I have seen them go on for 5 busts or more to put the beast back in his cage. Pre-Busting (If your episodes are somewhat predictable) are effective in getting him in the cage sooner... or bypassing the episode completely. Keep up the good fight!

P.S. Look into growing your own fungus.