"Angel" Fundraiser- Can't make it to Conference?

[move] [smiley=engel017.gif]           [smiley=engel017.gif]           [smiley=engel017.gif][/move]

Support your buster buddies by donating to the "Angel" fundraiser!

It's similar to the Miracle Network fundraiser where you buy a hot air balloon in convenience stores, your name goes on your balloon and the balloon is displayed for all to see....only with ours you'll get a choice between angel wings and a lightening bolt! 

[smiley=engel017.gif] Somebody requested the lightening bolts last year.  We liked the idea and so we kept it! [smiley=engel017.gif]

Here's the link....remember to share with your family, friends and coworkers.  The progress Clusterbusters continues to experience has taken this family to a place where we no longer need to remain in the closet about how our lives are effected by this diagnosis. 

http://www.causes.com/campaigns/485

[move] [smiley=engel017.gif]           [smiley=engel017.gif]           [smiley=engel017.gif][/move]

Cindy, I don't know whether others have a similar issue, but I'm not comfortable giving "Causes" (or anyone) access to what they're asking for here -- "your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, hometown, current city and your friends' current cities."  Am I doing this wrong?  Or is there another way to donate?

Jerry

You know, I wasn't aware that they asked for all of that information hmmm....no spot to opt out?  I will send them an email right away.  It seems to me there should be a way to donate without having to share other than your credit card info of name, billing address, state, etc. 

Once I hear back, I'll post right away. 

If you'd rather send through the Clusterbusters website donation area, I'd be glad to add your CB username to the Angel Fundraiser updates on "Causes" and write a short note too....let me know.  And thank you!!!!! 

Cindy :)

UPDATE

Check out the $3000 gift Clusterbusters received today from an anonymous donor to our "Angel" Fundraiser!

https://www.causes.com/posts/796157

[move] [smiley=engel017.gif]                     [smiley=engel017.gif]                      [smiley=engel017.gif][/move]

WHAAA??!!  $3000???!!!

That is un-FREEKING-believable!  :o :o :o

There are angels, then there are ANGELS2. YOW. :o :o :o

Incredible.  :) [smiley=thumbup.gif]

[move] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif][/move]

Sorry guys :(

I just got the email sent out today and included both of your comments as my feedback.  I asked specifically if they had an "opt out" option for this info gathering quest they seem to be on.  I've been a member of their site for a few years.  It's a real pisser when things work and yet for some reason they decide they need to change it!

They did share that they're doing some major changes (which won't roll out until September....of course!)  I'll be looking for other fundraising site options to compare features before the "Headache on the Hill" fundraiser fo sho!

Yeppers, spiny...if you would like to send via friend that would be wunnerful, wunnerful.  Again so sorry.

Cindy

Hi guys,

Here's the response...If he's not BSing me, lol...it seems as tho our particular Angel fundraiser timing is smack in the middle of a site remodel going on at Causes.  Since he doesn't offer a bug work around, if I may, I'd like to suggest 2 options.

http://clusterbusters.com/?page_id=305

If you choose the website and use the donation button please send a note to me so we can add your Angel Wings to the Banner.

Or second, snail mail with a note saying you're an "Angel"

Clusterbusters

P.O. Box 574

Lombard, IL  60148

Thank you CHfather and spiney.  Getting your feedback was really helpful.  I'll do more research on options for sure....Cindy

James (Causes Support)

Aug 21 10:27 am (PDT)

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for the taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. We're sorry for the issues you experienced with your campaign.

We've always allowed for donations to be made without logging into Causes or Facebook, but unfortunately it looks like our updated campaigns have a bug where this isn't allowed. We're terribly sorry for this and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We know that we need to improve the sharing experience too. At the moment, sharing of campaigns is done through posts. If you click on one of the posts on your campaign, you can click the share button on the right side of the post page and share through Facebook. We're in the process of integrating more deeply into LinkedIn and Twitter as well.

I understand the frustration with links as text too and have passed this feedback along to our Product Team. We're working on polishing the site experience in time for our full upgrade the end of next month so that all of the pieces are working with one another and developed. We're sorry again for all of the confusion you experienced with your campaign. Your participation on Causes is highly valued and we really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback for our team please let us know. Thank you again for your honesty.

Best,

James

Community Support Lead

Causes Support