questions from a newbie

jgb

Hi all

My husband has suffered from clusters for 10 years. As he approached 50 we thought they would subside - rather the opposite is happening.  We are done messing around with traditional treatments!

We have a kit  to grow our own mushrooms - we ordered it during j's last cluster thinking we would have

time to get a crop growing before the next cluster.

However he dropped back

into a cycle just 5 weeks after finishing the last one.

Usually he has a year between - sure wish I would have acted quicker as now we don't have 8 weeks to get them started.

Does anyone have any ideas how we can safely locate mushrooms to get us through this cycle?

I am sick and terrified for my husband - he cant

continue this way much longer.

A fourth help to prevent attacks is Vitamin D3, just have your husband let his blood checked if his Vitamin D3 level is low, this really works also!

But just like Jeff said, oxygen (preferabely used with the Optimask) is THE #1 treatment for aborting attacks, CHFather, who is in my opinion, an expert in this can tell you anything about how to use oxygen the best way.

Lots of strenght and hopefully a quick end of this cycle.

Elly (also a partner of a sufferer)

Gotta agree with these guys....

The high-flow O2 is a GAME CHANGER.  Get it anyway you can, prescription or local welding supply.  The Optimask is also a must.  It will make life bearable until other methods can be obtained. 

CHFather will soon arrive with all the recommendations.  He's our local "guru de O2" and will certainly provide the details.  Good luck, I know it will work!

Wishin' ya pain-free days ahead!!   ;)

weatherman

jgb, I'm 51 years old... it's trough teenagers that I got a link to get MM, do you know any college students?

But in your case, apart from what others have said and they are absolutely right, you must order RC seeds as soon as you can, they work very well for busting, and you can order them rush, If I remember well, Tranceplants (first link) process their orders and ship on Wednesdays and can send rush 24 hours

here: http://www.tranceplants.net/product-info.php?pid141.html

(info about shipping and payment http://www.tranceplants.net/consumer.php)

or here http://www.ktbotanicals.com/rivea-corymbosa-ololiuqui-seeds-p-81.html

or here http://www.shamanic-extracts.com/xcart/shamanic-ethnobotanicals/rivea-corymbosa/

well, jgb, you can see you've come to the right place.  the people here are so great that i am touched every time -- whenever someone needs help, they're right there.

read the advice you've received, and ask questions.  get the seeds.  get the oxygen if he doesn't have it (or upgrade his system if it's not working as well as it once did -- see the oxygen page under the MENU tab on the left side of the page). use the energy drinks (or strong coffee). start the D3 regimen (see http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cb/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1314134804). read what's in the "clusterbuster files" section of the board.

only general thing i can think of that hasn't been mentioned is melatonin at night, starting with maybe 6-9 mg and working up to where it's helping (some people go as high as 20-30 mg).  i don't happen to be a big melatonin fan, but there are folks here who swear by it.

ask, ask, ask.  these great folks will be right there for you, and it will get better for your husband (and you).  he's lucky he has you.   

Hi CHF ,, i have a question please ,, my son's oxygen was delivered last thursday,, we used the OXY people that the doctors office recommended.  They are a LONG ways away from us so i thought they would balk when we told them where we lived so at first i tried calling all of the people in our area that actually advertise that they supply oxygen and low and behold NONE of them would deliver to our house ?? wth ??  anyway i digress..

the prescription called for 2 tanks .. a large one and a portable one  ,, i was not home when the delivered so when i got there my husband said the guy left us an extra portable ,, nice i think ,, then i see the large one .. HOLLY COW ,, its like 5 feet tall .. is that what you all have ?? its really huge ?  also the doc said no more than 15 minutes at a time on it at a flow of 8 and that he didnt need to hyperventilate just breath normally sitting in a chair leaning forward ,, does that sound about right ?  sorry to hijack this thread with all my questions .. thanks everyone !   just waiting now to see what happens .. my son isnt having headaches right now and hasnt since 4th of July weekend.   but sept/oct is when he has gotten them the last 2 years.  :-/

i agree with what jeff advised, didg.  the best way to keep from falling asleep with the mask on is to cut off the strap.  there's absolutely no reason to set the flow rate at 8.  your son is only going to inhale what he inhales (it's not like it comes rushing into his lungs on its own); the higher flow rate just makes sure the bag is full when he's ready to inhale.  as for hyperventilating, etc., he'll find what works for him.  most folks here would say you should order the o2ptimask.  look at the oxygen file under the MENU tab on the left for tips that will make his use better.  i would strongly recommend that he do a few inhales right now, so he's comfortable when the time comes.  also, you can make sure the mask fits properly and that he gets a good seal.  many people prefer a breathing tube (one comes with the o2ptimask) to a mask.

I just want to thank everyone who responded to my initial post. I am completely overwhelmed with the amount of help. Cant believe I wasn't here sooner.

We are digging in and implementing all this great info - haven't done a bust yet - waiting to finish a round of prednisone.

At any rate we are full of hope we can bust this cycle quickly and get back to the business of life!

Thanks again everyone!