Psychedelics and Mental Health: A Population Study

Thanks for posting this link.  I've read the first few paragraphs and am finding it very interesting.  It would be great for people who are hesitant to use the busting method of treatment due to fear of a mental break down of sorts as a result of  using psychedelics.  Or... a family member who may be reluctant to support this. 

Mentions of Busting in reports of this research -

Psychedelics DonÂ’t Harm Mental Health, May Improve It

http://www.ultraculture.org/psychedelics-improve-mental-health/

Psychedelics like psilocybin mushrooms and LSD not only donÂ’t cause mental health problems, they may actually improve mental health, say Norwegian researchers

LSD and psilocybin even hold promise for treating cluster headaches, a condition so debilitating and painful that it often leads sufferers to consider suicide

Psychedelic Drugs No Risk to Mental Health, Possibly Beneficial

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/809724

Using classic psychedelic drugs does not raise the risk for mental health problems; on the contrary, it may offer some protection, new research suggests

Their research also shows that psilocybin has potential in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and possibly cluster headaches (Researchers at Imperial College London)

shocked

"Results

21,967 respondents (13.4% weighted) reported lifetime psychedelic use. There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, lifetime use of specific psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, peyote), or past year use of LSD and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with lower rate of mental health problems.

Conclusion

We did not find use of psychedelics to be an independent risk factor for mental health problems."

• 8 months later...

well since secretly weaning off the dr's nasties....,

finding here ,

then MAPS ,

then wavy caps

and a couple of years passing by with a portable off button :)

(long enough for me to remeber who the heck i am)...

I seem to have shed a 10 year MH diagnosis  to the point they say I'm either cured

(-jokingly (their book says theres no cure to it)

or was misdiagnosed!   >:(

(secret psychedelics  :-X improving ya MH!)

and have even begun to pay me compensation!, because I suddenly found the sense to stand up for myself against them all  :o..-and anyone else in the pipeline ...

and taken my life back and getting on with piecing it back together minus the system's "help"(assisted suffering/dying)