Support From a Non-Sufferer

Libertas

Hey guys,

Although I don't suffer from cluster headaches I thought I'd sign up here to give support and to learn more about this debilitating condition.

I use psychedelic compounds as tools to explore my mind. I have much experience with lysergamides, including novel research chemicals such as AL-LAD (6-allyl-6-nor-lysergic acid diethylamide) and LSZ (lysergic acid 2,4-dimethylazetidide). I'm very interested in the use of these compounds in areas outside psychedelic exploration such as with cluster headaches, I hope that the new availabilty of legal lysergamide RCs will help people with cluster headaches.

Anyway that's all for now, I'll see you around.

LibertasMentis :)

[movedhere] General Board [move by] FunGuy.

This post got messed up by me.   accidentally deleted the account which deleted the thread I was reading at the time and removed this post.

I've restored the post, I've written Libertas and he has reestablished his account with the same user name, but the system will not link to this post. 

Sorry about that.

FG

I will just add to this. Here in Finland other CH patients quite often judge the ones who choose to bust and use psychedelics to treat their cluster headaches. But here in Finland there is a community of people who use psychedelics recreationally like Libertas and they have been a great help for CH patients. Thank you and everyone else who knows about the subject and is helping us.

Well it's the same everywhere really, using any mind altering substance for whatever reason is still very much taboo in most cultures. People always discriminate against things they don't understand and choose not to understand.

This is why I feel these online communities are so vital.

Hi Libertas, welcome here. I'm very interested in finding out more about the substances you mention and that I never heard of, their history, why and by who they were created, their differences and similarities (trip wise and chemically wise) with LSD, DOI, psilo... and possibly what receptors they might hit, and other findings. I'm certainly no expert but I've been reading and searching quite a bit recently on LSD and psilo and many other compounds and their mechanisms of action in the brain, and any link or any info you can provide on them I will try to digest with pleasure.

Oh, I now feel a bit stupid after claiming I did quite a few search... that I didn't know David E. Nichols who created LSZ, and had never heard of Al-LAD which is in TIKHAL... well there is a lot to learn haha... I wonder though how one can get their hands on such compounds

I will make a thread on the topic in the coming days when I have some free time, I have research papers to dig out too. Althoguh I did post a very brief description of the effects of AL-LAD and LSZ in someone elses post in the Science/Reseach section.

Such compounds are available on the UK research chemical market, a quick Google will list a couple of suppliers. Also on Silk Road (hopefully I'm aloud to mention that, if not please delete) ;)

All the off shoots of LSD research should be taken seriously.... the question becomes for us , is it really what they claim it is? I think for most of us, we grow our own cubensis just so we know what we have and can easily get a handle on dosage... batch by batch (safety and reliability). If you are talking about a standardized reliable product that can be leagally obtained... I am sure we would be all ears. As for all the 2C-XXX bla bla bla, this to me is just fine targeting for those seeking another target (getting  high or skirting legality). I would love to go through each of them to see which works better or not... might help answer questions about what it is we need to target ourselves. Until I can get reliable leagal sources for all of them, I will simply be content being a farmer.

Thats my 2 cents.

Hi Libertas,

You may be aware of this, but psilocybin is also effective in the treatment of migraines.  Research is finding it could help with PTSD and I have heard it might also help with depression.  

Yes Psilocybin is of great interest to me too, as are some of the other 4-HO substituted tryptamines. Although I do not have much experience with them yet. I know David Nutt here in the UK is trying hard in this area to start a legitimate trial for PTSD using Psilocybin.

All the off shoots of LSD research should be taken seriously.... the question becomes for us , is it really what they claim it is? I think for most of us, we grow our own cubensis just so we know what we have and can easily get a handle on dosage... batch by batch (safety and reliability). If you are talking about a standardized reliable product that can be leagally obtained... I am sure we would be all ears. As for all the 2C-XXX bla bla bla, this to me is just fine targeting for those seeking another target (getting  high or skirting legality). I would love to go through each of them to see which works better or not... might help answer questions about what it is we need to target ourselves. Until I can get reliable leagal sources for all of them, I will simply be content being a farmer.

Thats my 2 cents.

Well this is what I really want to discover... Is LSD (and it's derivatives) an effective treatment for CH - the literature certainly suggests so (with BOL-148 at least), as do the various reports here.

As for legally acquiring LSD derivatives, well that of course depends on your jurisdiction. Here in the UK only N-alkyl derivatives of lysergamide are controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 - this opens a massive window of potential compounds to be synthesised and tested. There is of course the Medicines Act 1968 and a whole load of other legislative crap to tackle if one was to try and bring these compounds to the NHS as an official medication. However for the sake of self treatment purchasing said lysergamides (AL-LAD, LSZ etc) as research chemicals would be completely legal.

As for the reliability of acquiring such materials, this of course depends on your source. Currently there is only one organisation producing these lysergamides (due to the complexity of the synthesis) for the RC market. Nearly all distributors provide NMR and LC/MS data for the compounds so structure confirmation/purity can be ascertained. Of course you could always have the compound analysed yourself should you manage to source it.