Today is World Suicide Day

ClusterHeadSurvivor

Today is World Suicide Day.

Today I will be at my local park supporting those.

I will be there for those who are no longer with us.

I will be there for those who constantly struggle with their demons, pain and mental illness.

Dec 24,2011 I was contacted from a gentleman while I was in church Christmas Eve. My emails from YouTube go directly to my email to my phone. I though to myself...sheesh all my friends know im a christian...why email/contact me in church. Anyone who knows me knows thats where I would be.

After church I got in the car. Started to read an email from someone who say my videos on YouTube. Said he couldnt live any longer, watching my video was like starring in the mirror. It was a suicide note.

I rushed home as fast as I could. I am not pc savy. But I tried eveything I could to reach him. I did everything I could but like hotmail or any other account. You can say you live in the states or canada but actually live elsewhere. This person could have been female or even my neighbour for all I know. There was NO WAY of me tracing the person. I tried in depseration. NOTHING. I emailed everyday for almost 2 weeks. Nothing. They never logged back into the account neither. From that day forward, I decided to help others best I could.

I been contacted a second time. A guys best friend. Said his friend had given him my account to watch the videos to try to explain what he was going through a few days before. He committed suicide. His friend emailed me and thanked me for making the videos explaining that awareness must be done because people do not beleive the life we lead.

and then there is me. Dec 2009 I was planning my funeral. I was seriouslly in December debating what was better for my son. A son without a dad, or a son with a very sick dad. I took a trip to Miami praying I would be mugged, murdered,ran over by a bus. I relaised I had to change my life, my way of thinking. My faith wouldnt allow me to heaven(NOT A DEBATE PLEASE) and my son would be without a dad. I choose to live last second. I told no one of my plans. There was no cry for help. I was planning everything down to will, suit Id wear, and who attended the funeral.....FF to now. Back then I would have never thought in a million years...Id be re married,have the wonderful life I live now and how blessed I feel. Yes like any CH'r Im still very sick, still get chronic CH and lived through 4 brain surgeries...I am glad I lived.

I also personally knew someone who committed suicide and another who tried.

Suicide is real, it is as real as this disease. There is no class of people with jobs, income, education, age or sex or background. It happens everywhere. Rich, famous or the opposite.

Today I walk and support those who are suffering,and who have lost their battle. Today I pray for those and support those.

Thank you. I don't know how many outside our realm take this seriously.

I feel like that guy walking the tight wire across the grand canyon... sometimes in balance feeling confident, while the next minuite struggling with even the breeze of a passing dragon fly sending me over the edge. Only this board and the beautiful soals here embracing the truth keep those dragon flys away. Not to be sexist, but the women here provide special insight into suffering. Too many to name, but they seem to expect getting worn thin, while still seeing strength and beauty. While we males (me) expect to power through it, and when we fail we crash hard. It is refreshing to hear their struggles and strengths.