Wisdom teeth ?? anyone still got um ?

didgens

OK so im still just waiting right now.. have the O's ,, have the imitrex injectables.  Son hasnt started his phase yet.  Winds have been HORRIBLE  (Santa Anas over the weekend) he's been sneezing and sniffling but not CH yet.  But the Dentist did say that his wisdom teeth are causing real problems in his other teeth.. his mouth is way to crowded.  I had read ONE report of someone whos CH's stopped after having a tooth/teeth removed.  So i was going to take a poll here  .. has anyone here had them removed ? or do you still have them ?

thanks all

Had mine removed after I sarted getting CH... no difference. In general, pulling teeth for CH is a pointless effort, and you can't get them back. However wisdom teeth do mostly cause teeth problems (not CH problems). I had impacted wisdom teeth growing out sideways, they were pushing the rest of my teeth forward, dificult surgery... so I was also "Having problems with them". Just not CH related.

if he does do that -- even though it almost certainly won't help his CH -- be very careful about what anesthetic is used.  many people get CH attacks from dental anesthetics. i always forget what the bad ones are, but if no one shows up to clarify this, i will look it up. (or you might check with dr. kudrow's office.)  my daughter's CH become at least a notch more severe, permanently, after her wisdom teeth were removed, using the wrong anesthetic.

I had my remaining 2 wisdom teeth removed to help with my CH.

It didn't work at all of course, and the world is littered with extracted teeth from hordes of CH'ers who hoped to find relief through dentistry, but failed. This is about the most classic wild goose chase I can think of related to CH. I even got hit when driving home from my teeth extraction appointment.  :D

Santa Anas over the weekend

I remember well those dry Santa Ana winds in Californy - good for air quality in the valleys, bad along the coast.

If you have CH and have to go in for dental work, do not let them deaden you with Xylocaine with EPI (epinepherine).  It is a major trigger for headache, and a dentist worth his or her salt will know that.  Instead request prilocaine or anything without EPI.

thanks alley ,, i will definately make sure the surgeon knows this.  Which is odd .. because I cannot handle the EPI.  Everytime I go to the dentist or everytime i ever got a cortozone shot they had to do it without EPI ,, my heart races and i see the little black blobs indicating im going to passout .. bad juju ,,, interesting. 

thanks all

the army removed my wisdom teeth for me... didn't have much of a choice there.  that said, it obviously didnt help.

i may just be weird though.  my last trip to the dentist happened after a tooth had already died and the tissue underneath became inflamed.  when my dentist asked about the pain, i told him i had mistaken it for another odd round of cluster headaches.   with the way i was changing my treatment at the time, i actually thought it was another form of the beast.  of course he just gave me a funny look...

now to the original post, my wisdom teeth were removed before i went chronic.  but, i really dont believe one had anything to do with the other.

and the next time i feel pain shooting up under my nose,  from my jaw, ill go to the dentist.

now i know.