CAN I BUST WHILE TAKING PAIN KILLERS?

Sabrinak

I am wondering if caffeine is a trigger for me.  Coffee doesn't seem to help at all so I thought maybe energy drinks would because of the Taurine.  It seems like soda makes my head worse but no difference with coffee.  What is a normal amount of time on the oxygen?

On this video --

-- starting at about 5:30, there's a potentially valuable suggestion about using the breathing tube with 25 lpm, and some suggestions for breathing strategies.  A well-known CH expert also suggests looking toward your feet while you do the O2 (and some people say that helps).

I am trying to do energy drinks but yuck they taste nasty!!

A relative of mine is strictly a migraineur, no CH - anyway, she routinely aborts oncoming migraines with the little energy SHOTS, such as the 5 hour ones. Just one quick gulp, then feel free to immediately chase it with any bit of pleasant tasting food or drink that will knock out the after taste.  :)

For oxygen, try the mask. If I used mouthpiece I got 10% relief on whatever the flow rate. Using mask 100% relief.

For me it was getting high-flow O2 to my pain side nostril. I have been told here and everywhere it does not work that way but for me it did and does.

Currently aborting with Liquorice Root only like mentioned and have O2 ready. You need to clean up to use Liquorice Root as well. Lately I have been a bit worried because someone who knows a lot mentioned LR is nature's cortisone and thinking it might affect busting. Don't know how I would've made it through last week without it though.

Suggestion, get rid of the pain killers. It's proven that they actually cause headaches. 1st thing my nuro asked me is if I was taking pain meds. I can't find the link but there is a ton of research now linking pain meds to Migraine and headache issues. Besides they don't work for CH anyway.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19622016

Suggestion, get rid of the pain killers. It's proven that they actually cause headaches. 1st thing my nuro asked me is if I was taking pain meds. I can't find the link but there is a ton of research now linking pain meds to Migraine and headache issues. Besides they don't work for CH anyway.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19622016

Amen

@Potter: Why do you suggest quitting opiates before busting? I don't know much about CH but I do know a fair bit about tryptamines and I can't imagine that Percocet (which acts on kappa and mu-opioid receptors) would inhibit 5-HT receptor agonism. The two neurological systems are entirely separate.

I'm not challenging the established knowledge, more open to learning something new.