Rant

birdman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update, had hits thru the night, one at 9:30am and had to go to a charity golf outing.  Was so nervous that it would be terrible.  Had one minro period of temple spikes but after 20-30 minutes that cleared.  After that no, none, zero ha's.  Had neck aches a lot but not ch's.  Hoping to get a good night sleep and will try again witout melatonin so it doesnt interfer.  Will keep everyone posted ;)

Birdman/Tim

When I first started dosing with 1 or 1.5 tea, I was very anxious. I had no prior experience and did not know what to expect.

You got it right, setting is very important. Also hard to achieve. I also had the worst "babysitter" that anyone could find.

I tried very hard to follow all the guidelines and knew that Valium/ativan could lessen the effectiveness of the dose.

However after convincing myself that I was having some allergic reaction to the tea, I took "mother's little helper."

I suppose the strain could cause the anxiety, but frame of mind plays it's part.

I hope to achieve that peaceful, easy feeling on my own, but

wound a little too tight sometimes. OK, all the time.

Think there are some varied opinions about ginger and melatonin close to dosing time. I believe some say to avoid 2 days before and 2 days after. Personally, I think melatonin backfires on me.

Bobb is right about the pain killers.

So if anxiety is your problem, I'd go for the anti anxiety pill, smallest dose made.

And good luck scoring that. Seriously!      Leslie

Thanks Leslie.  I went with a .5mg ativan and it calmed me down.  No problem getting them, just hate needing them.

Last night, feel asleep at around 10:00, woke at 11:00, 1:30, and 6:00.  Very random times for me, all aborted with 10 minutes of 02 at 15lpm.  Getting ready for my normal 9:30 hit and brought the m60 tank to work with me so I will be prepared.  Going to get a refill on the m tank tomorrow morning.  Hoping to have a relaxing weekend, not too relaxing for us clusterheads, and enjoying just a little quality of life with the family.  Must admit that the five-six hours of golf yesterday was mentally refreshing, even though I stunk it up.  Almost felt human for a little while. 

Got my normal 9:30 hit but for the first time in weeks, it responded to 02 and red bull.  Nothing after that until a little spike around 8:00 tonight so i jumped on the 02 and quickly beat it.  Sleep tonight would be so awesome.  Gonna pray to the sleep gods before I close my eyes.

Bad night, feel asleep at 10:00 as usual.  Hit at 12:00, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, 7:30 and my normal 9:30 whooper.  All responded to ten minutes of 02 except the 9:30.  That was a battle.  Not sure what I should do next other then wait the five days and dose again.  May switch back to rc seeds as my last dose was a little "dark".  RC seeds let me fall asleep while they do their work, shrooms have giving me some anxiety.  My personality getting in the way.  Maybe go back to the melatonin or give an ambien a try.  Decisions, decisions!!!!

Birdman,

If I have it right, you dosed on the 16th, so maybe you are dealing with some post dose hits. Possible that they could let up tonight. I would not give up yet. I'd think about maybe mixing the next dose with something like 1g  shroom tea and maybe about 10 RC seeds sprinkled in the mix.

Also consider using a sput for the wake up hits. Just put a tiny piece under your tongue. With a little luck you might catch 4 hours of sleep.

You have an option of leaving things alone and stretch out the time for the next dose. And you could go against good advice and dose a day earlier.

I think I would avoid ambien, it probably wouldn't do any good. If you are going to get the night hits no sleeping meds. are going to stop them. Just my opinion. I'd try to stay pure and keep on truckin.

Are you having anything to eat, after you dose? Something simple like toast? (and a ativan)

Sounds like a lot of double talk here, but I can only suggest what I have done.   

Leslie

Mixing it up would probably be a good thing to try. I know a lot of people who swear by it. I have a friend that had to mix a tab and some shrooms to knock em' down. Don't give up on it until you've tried all the options. You have good people here with the best advice and all the experiences of what works for them. With all the knowledge you have here, you'll definitely find a combo that works for you. Peace and love to you my friend.

Donnie  ;)

Another terrible night.  Almost ready to give up on the alternatives though I know I shouldn't.  Two rc seed doses and two shroom doses and no signifigant relief.  Starting to wonder if the nightky Wellbutrin is the culprit.  May start to taper off it and use zomig or imitrex in the meantime.  02 and red bulls have been very hit and miss the last two days.  Once off the wellbutrin, maybe hit it again with either seeds or shrooms.  Have a follow up with the nuero tomorrow and am guessing that she is going to give me a pred taper for a little break.  I could use it!

Birdman, don't give up. I'm a newbie on my first cycle and just 10 days in but found you guys and am pulling for you because I need to know that stuff works. I finally learned what a shadow is today as I had my fist break in 10 days. Hit the red Bull hard and avoided the last hit when I felt it coming back and now PF for almost 2 hours, but I feel that beast right over my shoulder. Staying for the first day and that helps too. Going to try to get a script for p2 tomorrow. Guess you still remember when you were a newbie. I'm 56 though and determined to fight this bastard. Hang in there and keep letting us know how you're doing. Jay

Wellbutrin is the culprit.  

All your other symptoms suggest this and a kwik read of the literature suggests so as well.

The two shouldnt be mixed doesnt go with CBs.

Birdman your thread just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time.

My Rant;

Many folks look for the easy way to kill CH but wont go the reccomended route laid out on the CB site where they have compiled many years of experience and knowledge through some of the brighter minds I have seen.

The mixing of some drugs with CBs can cause extreme issues and even death.

Sure a small minority of us have been able to break CH while using other more dangerous prescribed medications. Seems verapamil may be a non issue, methadone maybe. Probably 95% percent of all other RX and OC drugs have the potential when mixed with CBs to render the treatments ineffective and in some cases like immitrex and other tryptans can cause serotonin syndrome and even death.

Quite a few of us including myself have strayed far from the reccomended dosing procedures and have had to find our own way. That falls into the we are all different category.

I would suggest that anyone using these treatments at the least study and inform yourselves on the interactions between drugs how they work and how they can cause harm. Otherwise we are just playing russian roulette, win some, lose some.

If your not willing to go the 15 yards then we are no better than before with the doctors and blindly following.There are no doctors to legally guide us in the US. Though they should be there for the do no harm part of the oath.

The choice should be made to committ to one or the other treatments (RX or CBs) or most will be severely disapointed, some will be hospitalized and some may be buried.

The CB treatments (LSD,LSA,Psilocibin) on their own are completely harmless for 98% of us and have no lasting affects other than knocking back CH. Though seeds have other chemicals in them as well.

Worse the numbers for success rates begin to drop and soon this best CH treatment ever discovered gets blasted as an also ran.

Sorry if this offends anyone. Todays dose and up all night made me feel like saying something.

Have decided to taper off the wellbutrin and try again after that.  Till then I am gonna try and use the time it will take to get some rest.  That means, if its gonna take me 10 days to taper off the wellbutrin, I can get at least 5 days of rest using 02, red bull, and trex.  Then again, the nuero may override that tonday with a pred taper.  I figure if it'd going to take a little while to stop the wellbutrin (don't want to go cold turkey)I might as well have a few days of mentally refeuling sleep. 

But something must have still worked because my cycle switched from the right side to the left.  Something had to have occured for that to happen, right?  And while ice was helpful for the right side pain, heat is the only thing helping on the left side.  WTF????

Nothing to wtf about, I got similar, heat only helps me but on right side.

I don't get hit on left side, but I get shadows right and left sides depending if I make fast move or stand up quickly or it just bounces between sides by itself at times just slower.

MJ,

Excellent post. And no offence taken here. I believe that everything you said needed to be said.

When I did my first bust, I wouldn't even touch an aspirin. I was following Flash's advice on CH.com at the time. That was over 5 years ago. As time goes by and we get relief I think we fine tune to our needs, and that might not be the best idea. But some of us have extending circumstances.

I posted about using a valium for anxiety over dosing. So yes,I bent the rules also.

Bottom line, you are so right and your words deserve attention. Not only do we want success, but it does not help the cause to have some terrible result due to mixing the wrong chemicals.       Leslie

That is why I am getting off the wellbutrin for the next bust.  Gonna try my best to follow the rules.  That is the only different med I am taking as compared to my bust two years ago that worked after the first try.  Hopefully, off the wellbutrin by next week and ready to go. 

On a lighter note, my "crop" seems to be progressign nicely.  At last peek, all five bags were turning white starting at the injection site.  May use an old tip and break them up to spread it out and speed up the process.

No jealousy needed David.  I owe you after the regulator, lol. 

Went to the doc today and found out that the mri on my hip revealed that  I do not have avn of the left femur head.  This means that prednisone is available and she wants me to do a two week taper.  Also wants to give depakote a try.  I am getting the scripts filled but will hold off until after my next dose attempt.  I am going to use the imitrex or zomig until I know that the wellbutrin is out of my system.  Will make the imitrex and zomig is too.  Then I am going to hit it again with dose three of shrooms.  I need to get a little break between then and now so the trex/zomig will be used for about a day or so.  Hopefully, by Sunday night, I can be med free and try again.  If not then I may go for the pred taper just to get a sanity check.  I know this will be questioned by many but the psyche needs a break real soon.  Hope all are doing well and welcome summer!!!!!

I hear you Tim, you got to do what you got to do to get some sleep and sanity. I think where I was lucky was I found the dosing information before my cycle got completely ramped up to my normal 6-10 a day and throughout the night. Also I had my 02 set up already in place as I own my own regulator and I always have a tank or two around just in case. Keep me updated.

David

have not read much on this thread till now and though maybe I could say something, I tapered off everything I was on as far as RX other than the Zomig, I keep it for when I cant get to my O2 but don't use it very often but when I do it seems to help, I did my 4th dose of RC's last Friday and I cant tell you how happy I have been, like David I am use to 10 -12 hits a day and through the night but I have been chronic far to long to be able to stand it like that anymore, and I thank my lucky stars I found CB's..

I had tried many treatments that did nothing but temp relief and then got worse and that's what it sounds like you are going through.. I sure hope you detox and find the method works I wish we all knew exactly how it worked but it seems a little different in all of us, my last dose was 40 seeds and I cant tell you how much better things are.

I sure wish you the very best finding PF time.

and if anyone is still paying out the @$$ for zomig, I will try and post a web page here real soon for a coupon that's $30.00 off price, mine are free for 8 months. With insurance it costs me $30 and you can use it once a month for 8 months, let me get the info from my wife when I can.

Darrin

Texas Cluster

Darrin, thanks for the support and motivation.  Trying to get myself off everything and dose again.  My concern is my mental state right now from lack of rest/sleep and unbelievably just lost a neighbor to suicide.  48 and took his life with three young kids.  Things are tough right now so I may put off using the precious materials that I have left until I am both med free and mentally ready.  No more then a week or two.  Probably gonna start a short pred taper tomorrow.  Will keep those who are not disgusted with my decision posted on my progress. 

Birdman,

No one will be disgusted with your decision. None of us really know what the others are dealing with at the moment.

We share our knowledge and opinions and sympathy in regards to this curse. But in the end you alone have to decide what is best for yourself at this time, or any time for that matter.

I will be looking forward to your posts.

First things first. Get some relief from the pain, so you can sleep and function.

And when you really do something disgusting, I'd like to hear the details.       Leslie