Rant

birdman

Hell Tim, that was 46 years ago....damned lucky that I could even remember there was a Myrtle Beach!!!   lmao!!!! 

Seems like it was close to the Pavilion (saw James Brown there in 66)......right off the boardwalk.....it was a crazy place!!!  As alleyoop stated, they sold 3.2 draw beer......and they were open 23 1/2 hours a day (closed for a half hour to clean all the puke outta the restrooms...lol).....beer was 10 cents a cup or a buck a pitcher.

If I remember correctly, Alabama paid tribute to the Bowery in "Shaggin on the Boulevard" as that was one of their early gigs.

DD

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update.  Spent two days in Atlantic City, surrounded by smoke (so sensitive as a former smoker), lights, lack of sunlight and time awareness.  Lost money but no hits, no runs, no errors.  Not even a shadow.  Psyched!!!!

Well, thankfully my cycle has ended, I have passed mutliple beer tests.  Unfortunately my farm is not doing so hot.  Mycobags just do not like to work for us do they?  Guess it is about time to take the growing a little more serious and use the tried and true method.  Hope everyone is enjoying at least some pain free summer.  I am sending out positive vibes to everyone who is suffering.  Stay strong!!! 8-)

Birdman, welcome to the PF world...enjoy. I'm in between too and deciding how to be ready for busting when the time comes. Guess I'll go with the traditional method too after seeing your experience with Mycobags. Was hoping to make a local connection as I'm not a real good farmer but may have to learn. Have you done RC seeds. Any comparison. David seems to have had better luck with shrooms.

I have tried the RC seeds in the past and recently as well.  I think the shrooms are more effective, hard to put into words but I would recommend them over the seeds.  Obviously, the seeds are easier to get, but the results I think are worth the effort.  I used the seeds this time around for shadows.  Stuck a few crushed inder the tongue and it helped greatly.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry David, was offline for a few days.  Just got back from Delaware, son's baseball tournament.  And yes, suprise, suprise, suprise, I had a few cold ones.  I actually did the Gomer Pyle voice on that last line.

Hope all are feeling at least some pain free time.  Stay strong!

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has been two weeks since my last post!  I have spent five days in the Pennsylvania mountain area and enjoyed many a frosty glass.  Glad to say that the climate, altitude, and alcohol have not (fingers always crossed) started any new symptoms.  Let's hope there is a long reprieve in store.  Hope everyone is feeling well!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody wants something for nothing.  GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Sorry, bad work day and using this to get some of my frustration out.  Everyone wants weeks and weeks of vacation, more pay and bonuses.  But not too much work. 

I want to bang some of my employees heads against the wall.  We have jobs during a terrible economy, shut the

#$%^ up!!!!