It's the smell...

MoxieGirl

I've always used Peppermint Tea when I make my 'herbal tea', as we call it. The peppermint helps with the taste A LOT. I've also started adding honey and lemon, which helps with the taste (and from what I understand, the psilo to break down).

After my first cup of 'herbal tea' two years ago, I can't smell peppermint tea without it triggering the taste of mushrooms (which I hate). The smell alone can give me a sickly feeling in my stomach, even though the shrooms themselves don't make me feel ill in any way.

They say smell is one of our strongest senses of association, and it certainly plays a part here for me.

Does anyone else experience a strong smell sensation?

MG

Wow, MG amazing reading something about a feeling I just experienced just a few minutes ago.

Preparing a dose of HB in lemon juice just turned my stomach. After soaking several hours then straining through a coffee filter(sludge) the smell always catches me. Just the thought of it nasty..nasty

Associating smell, say with something Good..walking in the door smelling food cooking making you hungry or knowing something that taste like S#%T firing up those gag reflexes.

Spiny, is right on target. As for myself vitamin M in a capsule is the way to go. Nausea was virtually eliminated.

Blessings & Pain Free New Year   

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I may try capsules, have thought about it before. I've finally gotten a mix where I don't mind the taste, just the smell. Even the thought of chopping up shrooms for soaking makes my stomach knot up a little.

But the effects aren't bad. I don't get nausia. Was a bit bloated last night, but had had a heavy meal earlier in the day.

Have woken up this morning with an almighty thumping headache just behind my left eye. Not sure yet if it is the start of a cluster, a shadow, or just one of my normal headaches greating me on a new day.

MG

Wife made a mushroom casserole last week and I almost threw up when I walked in the door.  I HATE the smell and the taste.  But, I would eat anything to kill the beast.

I use a tea recipe I got from this board.  With the lemon, Vitamin C, and maybe some honey it is pretty acceptable and far easier on the stomach. 

Agreed Ajax, the smell is revolting.

I used to didn't mind the smell of frying mushrooms (normal mushrooms) and sometimes will fry some for my housemate or put them things I am cooking. Recently though, when my house mate fries up a bunch of mushrooms to go with her bacon and egg, the smell makes me want to techni-color vomit. But even that smell doesn't compare to the shrooms I fix.

I think I may have to go with the cap route, or at least give it a try.

Do you get shroom burps?

MG

yes, shroom burps  for me the other day when I busted, even if I only drank tea (I used your trick, Moxie, peppermint tea, for I have not yet searched for capsules).

Well really, I have to laugh about it. Compared to adverse effects of verapamil and triptans, a disgust for mushrooms is nothing